Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-10

Ticket #11186 (new Feature Requests) added. That's about all I can do for now. Maybe we could create a third-party tool to work around this. I don't think a script or plugin would work as I don't think CDVDDemuxFFmpeg is exposed in the API. I could be wrong, but I have not found it anywhere in the API documentation.

- fillidill - 2011-02-10

jtucker1972 Wrote:1. Get a third-party tool to scrape your movie and tv data, but make sure it is setup to output the streamdetails with <durationinseconds> tag.

Do anyone know any tool that can do this? Ember Media Managment doesn't seem to use this tag at all.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-10

fillidill Wrote:Do anyone know any tool that can do this? Ember Media Managment doesn't seem to use this tag at all.

Nope. I've tried Ember, Media Companion and Media Center Master. None do.

I use Media Center Master myself and posted a support message to see if he would update MCM to output XBMC nfo in the compete format with <fileinfo> data. We'll see. I posted samples from my XBMC video library export.

I just don't know if any of these other tools have the capability to use ffmpeg or other method to pull the video file header data to get the actual duration, etc. Most are just tools to query the various movie and tv databases to retrieve data.

- zepfan - 2011-02-11

jtucker1972 Wrote:Nope. I've tried Ember, Media Companion and Media Center Master. None do.

Yea I made all my .nfos to .xx and kept artwork, pulls artwork from local and scrapes the other info.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-11

This is exactly the reason why the best scraping tool is XBMC itself. Relying on 3rd party application to manage nfo files, especially one like Ember which hasn't been updated in quite awhile, leads to things breaking when changes occur in the way XBMC handles data.

- zepfan - 2011-02-11

Sranshaft Wrote:This is exactly the reason why the best scraping tool is XBMC itself. Relying on 3rd party application to manage nfo files, especially one like Ember which hasn't been updated in quite awhile, leads to things breaking when changes occur in the way XBMC handles data.

Yea but 5 min to read all my media after a reinstall vs 4 hours to scrape is a big deal.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-11

zepfan Wrote:Yea but 5 min to read all my media after a reinstall vs 4 hours to scrape is a big deal.

That is why after the initial scrape you go to Settings > Video > Library > Export Video Library. XBMC will automatically create nfo files for all of your files if you choose Separate Files.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-11

jtucker1972 Wrote:Completed doing the fresh install and importing a movie and tv directory. Here is what is actually happening.

If XBMC does not find a <movie>.nfo file, it will scrape for the data, but WILL NOT update the streamdetails table with the video stream details.

If XBMC finds a <movie>.nfo file, it will use the data in the <fileinfo><streamdetails> section to update the streamdetails table. However, it will only update the iDuration if the <durationinseconds> is in the <streamdetails>. It DOES NOT use <duration> tag. However, XBMC will not scrape for any missing data in the .nfo file.

This has to be something on your end because I just did the same test and even though some of my movies didn't have an nfo file (I just added them to the network share prior to doing the scan), the iDuration field was filled during the scan.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-11

Okay,

So I have been following this thread with much interest because I think that this script is such a great idea.
Can anyone tell me what the final verdict may be? What do we have to do in order to get PseudoTV to recognize the duration of our video files? Do we have to let XBMC do all of the scraping and not use 3rd party tools at all? Do we ask the developers of scraper tools to add the extra tag <durationinseconds></durationinseconds> ?
What does this do to those of us that use Sickbeard and Couch Potato? Do we tell these apps not to make nfo files?

I don't think that any bugs that you may have found will be fixed until the next release of XBMC, even if a developer gets the urge to fix the problem, whatever it may be. So what do we do in the meantime?

By the way, thanks guys for all of the time and effort you are spending trying to get this ironed out.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-11

Sranshaft Wrote:This has to be something on your end because I just did the same test and even though some of my movies didn't have an nfo file (I just added them to the network share prior to doing the scan), the iDuration field was filled during the scan.

how about a log file so we can what the difference is? how are you determining when th iDuration field was filled?

also, are you referencing streamdetails.iVideoDuration or movie.c11 which stores the duration from the scraper?

anyway, I would love to compare logs to see which one is bigger. ;-)

You can see my logs at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93749

mwkurt Wrote:Okay,

So I have been following this thread with much interest because I think that this script is such a great idea.
Can anyone tell me what the final verdict may be? What do we have to do in order to get PseudoTV to recognize the duration of our video files? Do we have to let XBMC do all of the scraping and not use 3rd party tools at all? Do we ask the developers of scraper tools to add the extra tag <durationinseconds></durationinseconds> ?
What does this do to those of us that use Sickbeard and Couch Potato? Do we tell these apps not to make nfo files?

I don't think that any bugs that you may have found will be fixed until the next release of XBMC, even if a developer gets the urge to fix the problem, whatever it may be. So what do we do in the meantime?

By the way, thanks guys for all of the time and effort you are spending trying to get this ironed out.

I did a test where I had the nfo files added by Ember and then added them in. Still no duration update, but I just used the playlist trick to show all movies and show all episodes to update all the durations in streamdetails table. You just have to manually update the durations via the playlists.

Since I am not the only one having an issue with durations, I know it can't just be my system. I've performed pretty controlled testing to isolate the issue. I guess sranshaft has a special version. Wished mine worked like his, but it doesn't.

- TheDoughboy - 2011-02-11

Okay a quick look and looky what I found - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80304

In short durationinseconds was short lived, so by the minute is okay.

I plan on removing runtime from my nfo's because of my recent experiment.

I added a new movie that Ember scraped and I told Ember not to get a runtime. The file in question was picked up and played on the channel.

I really am starting to figure out that the issue is ISOs for me and possibly stacked files. I did a simple test to see if I just had one channel and this was documentary movies. I only have a handful and 80% are ISOs and 1 is a stacked movie. When I deleted the cache and reset the script it only pulls one movie. I did the reset again and got the same movie. It won't play the stacked movie or ISO, but never picks up the other movies that are avi and divx.

UPDATE:
I just tried another test. I went into the playlist itself and played some of the movies and went back to Psuedo and it played the last movie I just played in the playlist, but shows nothing else.

UPDATE 2:
Now it plays another video but just one video still. I'm not sure what to take out of all of this.

UPDATE 3:
I did a new test I made a copy of the first channel and made it the second channel. This time I got better results. So then I added a 3rd and 4th copy and now am certain that PsuedoTV ignores ISO files and stacked movies.

Okay enough for now.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-11

jtucker1972 Wrote:how about a log file so we can what the difference is? how are you determining when th iDuration field was filled?

I checked the database immediately after scanning was done. This was before I spent any significant time in the video library. In fact, as soon as the scanning was complete I quit XBMC. On the off-chance that the streamdetails was populated on a background thread after scanning was complete. It didn't matter whether I had an nfo file (created by XBMC and not a 3rd party application) or not, it still populated the streamdetails table.

I'm getting the impression that the issue is to do with the use of programs like Ember. Just a quick question but to everyone that has been experiencing this problem with duration, do you use a 3rd party application to manage your media or do you let XBMC do it all? I'd really be interested in seeing what the replies are to this question.

jtucker1972 Wrote:also, are you referencing streamdetails.iVideoDuration or movie.c11 which stores the duration from the scraper?

Of course I'm referencing the streamdetails.iDuration field and not the movie.c11 field. I've been saying that the movie.c11 field is no longer used from the beginning. Rofl

jtucker1972 Wrote:anyway, I would love to compare logs to see which one is bigger. ;-)

You can see my logs at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93749

I'll upload a log as soon as I get a chance.

The only other test I can try is to add a movie which has never been scanned. No nfo, no thumbnails, nothing. Maybe XBMC looks for thumbnail first and if found, doesn't scrape the for streamdetails.

TheDoughboy Wrote:Okay a quick look and looky what I found - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80304

In short durationinseconds was short lived, so by the minute is okay.

durationinseconds is still used. It's just how they report duration in the API which was set back to the way it was.