Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-23, 09:41)ARYEZ Wrote: I recently moved over to Frodo and I've noticed something strange with PseudoTV. On both the TV overlay and the EPG, the last few letters of the episode info always gets cut off. Has any one noticed this? I should probably mention that I have reproduced this on both Confluence and Aeon Nox 4, so I am certain the problem is being caused by something in PseudoTV's code. Here's an example of the last letters in the episode description getting cut off in each view.

Tv overlay:
Image[/img]

EPG:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - procinger - 2013-01-24

I have installed the latest stable pre version from github

it seems that only avi files are getting a duration.

my mp4 (created with handbrake) and my mkv (created with makemkv) files are not working ... pseudotv says always "Duration: 0" in the xbmc log file.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - procinger - 2013-01-24

Hi,

in ChannelList.py i found this

PHP Code:
# If duration doesn't exist, try to figure it out

if dur == 0:

dur self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\""\\"))

# As a last resort (since it's not as accurate), use runtime

if dur == 0:

duration re.search('"runtime" *: *"([0-9]*?)",'f)

try:

# Runtime is reported in minutes

dur int(duration.group(1)) * 60
                        except
:

dur 

and changed it to this

PHP Code:

if dur == 0:

print  
dur

if dur == 0:

#duration = re.search('"runtime" *: *"([0-9]*?)",', f)

duration re.search('"runtime": *([0-9]*?),'f)
                        try:

#dur = int(duration.group(1)) * 60

dur int(duration.group(1))

except:

dur 

Now are my channels filled.
I know to use the runtime is not a good solution...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jamie steed - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 05:06)Jason102 Wrote: Wow, the TS file format looks like it's a pain in the ass. I'm trying to find a sample file and ill see if I can whip up a parser for durations. No guarantees, but maybe I'll be lucky.

Thanks were all sitting here with fingers crossed lets hope you can whip up that parser the thing is I love this add9n that's the only issue

but the . the you say duration of the ts file do you mean it has to be of a certain duration and to the op ripping them all to the formats you suggested is a pain In The ass. It would be great if it just supported natively like xbmc does

Anyway hope Jason can whip up that parser and I don't want to stop using this are on its brilliant

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 02:31)Jason102 Wrote: Rastan: crash fixed.

Also fixed a stupid error where only avi files would get durations.

jamie steed: TS files are ignored if no duration is known for them. I have no current method for determining the duration if XBMC doesn't already know what it is. If PseudoTV doesn't work for you, feel free to stop using it.

Many thanks for the fixes Jason, It has solved my problem! The only thing I noticed is that it seemed to take longer than normal to build. Some channels took a good few minutes (Rather than the usual seconds) to build. Keep up the good work it is more than appreciated Blush

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Georgyw5k - 2013-01-24

Having a slight issue at the moment, forgive me for not reading all 370+ pages but i can't find anything with the search facility to answer the query.

Installed this a few days ago and finding it excellent - The issue i'm having however is that MKV, MP4 and WMV content doesn't show up in any PTV channel - regardless of whether they're added to a directory, smart playlist or tv genre channel. XBMC itself has scraped the media for it and they show up just fine and are playable in the "TV shows" and "Movies" tabs, but PseudoTV just doesn't wanna show them!

Any ideas?

EDIT: Think i'm just suffering from a similar situation to the guys above with the mkv 0 length - with the latest version i've managed to get mp4 working. No WMV parsing judging by my logs, but that's something i can live with.

Thanks for the awesome plugin, keep up the good work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2013-01-24

I've got openelec installed on the raspberry pi and have mounted my TV/Movies via SMB in the autoshares.sh file (The media is stored on an external USB attached to my main computer)

When I try and play them in PsuedoTV I get told 'unable to populate media, please verify you have scraped media in your library' error. Anyone know how to fix this?'

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-25

hey guys
found a bug in the EPG sync.
it seems that channels that i set up using the movie genre are showing up with the correct time on the epg
the problem is with channels that i set up using smart playlist. the EPG is missing the time by 30-120 minutes.
if i scroll back i can see the correct info but still it is annoying.
any idea?
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 13:40)procinger Wrote: Hi,

in ChannelList.py i found this

PHP Code:

if dur == 0:

if dur == 0:

duration re.search('"runtime" *: *"([0-9]*?)",'f)

try:

dur int(duration.group(1)) * 60
                        except
:

dur 

and changed it to this

PHP Code:

if dur == 0:

print  
dur

if dur == 0:

#duration = re.search('"runtime" *: *"([0-9]*?)",', f)

duration re.search('"runtime": *([0-9]*?),'f)
                        try:

#dur = int(duration.group(1)) * 60

dur int(duration.group(1))

except:

dur 

Now are my channels filled.
I know to use the runtime is not a good solution...

This helped a lot. Now movies are actually in my channels, now I need a way to get episodes also.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2013-01-25

I'm having a new problem

All my files are on my external harddrive and scraped in the library, however only a few of them work inside PsuedoTV. It's odd, I can play them fine in the main menu but they don't show up in PsuedoTV.

Say I have chans 1-10 all filled with media from the same device, when I go into PsuedoTV it only shows up with channels 1, 4 and 6. Anyone know whats up with that?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 13:17)grope Wrote: I'm having a new problem

All my files are on my external harddrive and scraped in the library, however only a few of them work inside PsuedoTV. It's odd, I can play them fine in the main menu but they don't show up in PsuedoTV.

Say I have chans 1-10 all filled with media from the same device, when I go into PsuedoTV it only shows up with channels 1, 4 and 6. Anyone know whats up with that?

I'm having the same issue I think. I have tried a lot of different things and haven't found a solution. I have around 50 horror genre movies, but for some reason PsuedoTV only plays two of them, over and over again. I have deleted that channel and created it again. I tried using a smart playlist with horror genre and the same thing happens, those same two movies play. If I remove those two movies from my library then it changes the channel to a different genre.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using frodo rc3.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-25

grope & rockstartower,

Are the files that play of one type of file, like *.avi as opposed to *.mkv or *.mp4 or any other? If so there appears to be a problem with PTV not being able to work out the durations of some types of video. I believe Jason is working on the issue and will have a fix eventually. He may have even fixed it in the pre-stable release that he posted a few days ago. Short of that, procinger posted a work around that could maybe get you started back on post 3693. It helped the fellow at post 3699.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-01-25

I see pre-stable but how do I know it is updated?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 20:51)Randall Lind Wrote: I see pre-stable but how do I know it is updated?

On this page, Post #3686, Jason says he fixed the issue. I would suspect that he uploaded it to Stable Pre. I don't really know though.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2013-01-25

Thanks, 3693 fixed it