Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 23:00)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 22:51)rockstartower Wrote:
Quote:yes my friend
just add it as a directory (select directory as the type)
i have the same set up but i interleaved the channel between episodes and movies

I did actually try this. I added the channel and then set it to directory. I then selected the folder that contains all the movie trailers. The only problem is for some reason PTV isn't recognizing that anything is in the folder. It acts as if it's empty.

when you say doesnt recognize it do you mean while selecting the directory under the configuration, it doesnt show any video?
or do you mean when you open the PTV the channel is empty?

because when selecting the directory the ptv doesnt show any files in it.
just select the folder ( go into it) and press OK

What I did is I created a new channel. Channel 30. I made it so it was a directory channel. Then I navigated and selected the directory that all the trailers are saved in.

I am able to find the directory for the trailers just fine in PTV configuration and select it. "G:/Trailers"

However, when I run PTV, there is no channel 30. It doesn't even show up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-28

Hey Jason, Just to let you know. it seems streams are getting pulled in now however when I'm watching a stream channel and I try to bring up the guide, the guide appears and then becomes inactive. I also cant quit out of ptv when this happens. Just thought I'd let you know. Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - pcvii - 2013-01-29

oh i missed it. someone said disable Trakkt and i did and now no more black screen

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-29

Daavid: please post a log

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-28, 17:15)Jason102 Wrote: This appears to be an XBMC error. If things actually do stop responding, please post a complete debug log.

Jason, just to let you know, it works great on my actual openelec htpc. The testing was done on a windows pc, which I don't normally use. So everything worked out great after all. Thanks again for all your hard work, finally I can enjoy pseudotv again on Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-28, 23:29)rockstartower Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 23:00)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 22:51)rockstartower Wrote: I did actually try this. I added the channel and then set it to directory. I then selected the folder that contains all the movie trailers. The only problem is for some reason PTV isn't recognizing that anything is in the folder. It acts as if it's empty.

when you say doesnt recognize it do you mean while selecting the directory under the configuration, it doesnt show any video?

What I did is I created a new channel. Channel 30. I made it so it was a directory channel. Then I navigated and selected the directory that all the trailers are saved in.

I am able to find the directory for the trailers just fine in PTV configuration and select it. "G:/Trailers"

Is your directory channel a mapped directory to the pc you are running PTV from? If not,you may want to try mapping it local.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-29

Rastan: please get stable-pre again. It'll still crash, but hopefully the additional debugging info will help me figure out the problem. Also: please completely kill XBMC before grabbing the log. One more thing, I really only need the end of the log, the last quarter or so should be enough.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ARYEZ - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-26, 09:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 06:03)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 09:41)ARYEZ Wrote: I recently moved over to Frodo and I've noticed something strange with PseudoTV. On both the TV overlay and the EPG, the last few letters of the episode info always gets cut off. Has any one noticed this? I should probably mention that I have reproduced this on both Confluence and Aeon Nox 4, so I am certain the problem is being caused by something in PseudoTV's code. Here's an example of the last letters in the episode description getting cut off in each view.

Tv overlay:
Image[/img]

EPG:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

I believe this only happens to content that doesn't have a clear duration (length)
tho I could be wrong Angel

Hey Lunatixz thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with MKV's...or at least I should say it's not unique to any one particular file type. I tested this with MKV's AVI's and MOV's and they all have that strange "info getting cut off a couple of words too early" bug. Hopefully at some point Jason can take a look at it. I have to believe it has something to do with a change to the code in Frodo because when I checked the exact same file out on my Eden machine the info was not cut short.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - toki5 - 2013-01-29

sigh. ok, I have set a directory channel for dvd extras. I have put all dvd extras into this folder and named it extraz 2. I cannot get pseudo tv to read this folder, the channel just doesnt show up after i have added the directory channel. I have set up another channel labeled extraz with cartoons and they showed up in pseudo tv. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have read the milkmans guide, i have searched around on the web, i believe i have set things up correctly, i would really like to play these files within this program;.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 00:22)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 23:29)rockstartower Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 23:00)EZ1976 Wrote: when you say doesnt recognize it do you mean while selecting the directory under the configuration, it doesnt show any video?

Is your directory channel a mapped directory to the pc you are running PTV from? If not,you may want to try mapping it local.

Mark

Yeah it is a mapped directory. I have C: E: F: G: directories all to my main PC. I also have a lot of other movies that play just fine off of the G: directory from G:/movies

I think PTV is not recognizing the trailers in the directory because they aren't tv shows or movies, but just trailers. I don't know how to solve this issue.

What video format are the trailers in?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 00:43)Jason102 Wrote: Rastan: please get stable-pre again. It'll still crash, but hopefully the additional debugging info will help me figure out the problem. Also: please completely kill XBMC before grabbing the log. One more thing, I really only need the end of the log, the last quarter or so should be enough.

The log was massive! ...I grabbed the last quarter as requested HERE

XBMC crashed and Windows forced it to quit. I hope it helps, if you need more logs please let me know.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-24, 06:03)RockDawg Wrote: Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

I believe this only happens to content that doesn't have a clear duration (length)
tho I could be wrong Angel

[/quote]

Hey Lunatixz thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with MKV's...or at least I should say it's not unique to any one particular file type. I tested this with MKV's AVI's and MOV's and they all have that strange "info getting cut off a couple of words too early" bug. Hopefully at some point Jason can take a look at it. I have to believe it has something to do with a change to the code in Frodo because when I checked the exact same file out on my Eden machine the info was not cut short.
[/quote]

Never said it was the MKV or any file format Big Grin When I looked into the reason my EPG had this same problem... only thing I noticed is that PTV did not detect a duration...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 02:31)Jason102 Wrote: What video format are the trailers in?

I actually just think I figured it out. I changed skins temporarily and I think the whole issue was with just not saving the channel correctly. The skin I use the most doesn't have the best ui for the channel config. Thanks for the help anyway guys. I could have sworn I saved it correctly the first ten or so times I have tried this...

However, I do have one other small question. PTV has the awesome "next up: example" indicator. Is there any way to make it so that it doesn't say "next up: *movie trailer*" and have it announce the upcoming episode/movie after the trailer?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 02:52)rockstartower Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 02:31)Jason102 Wrote: What video format are the trailers in?

I actually just think I figured it out. I changed skins temporarily and I think the whole issue was with just not saving the channel correctly. The skin I use the most doesn't have the best ui for the channel config. Thanks for the help anyway guys. I could have sworn I saved it correctly the first ten or so times I have tried this...

However, I do have one other small question. PTV has the awesome "next up: example" indicator. Is there any way to make it so that it doesn't say "next up: *movie trailer*" and have it announce the upcoming episode/movie after the trailer?

I think there is a setting on the 2nd page of the PTV settings that will let you turn that indicator off. The problem is it is either all off or all on. Check it out.

Mark