Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-13, 12:51)xkudeki Wrote: Since I've yet to get a response to my question, has anyone figured out how to get sanyomart playlist channels to display the show information and episode name? All my channels display as s01e13.thebigbangtheory.mp4 and titles like that. I'm running Eden XBMC an PTV 2.1 or something. Please help! This is driving me crazy!!!

Anyone know how to resolve this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-15

Ok, I've included two screenshots to help explain what's happening. Example 1 shows the custom playlist channels and how they're showing only the season and episode numbers with no story plot or info.Image

Here's a screenshot with a regular network channels, displaying story info and episode name.Image

It's only doing this with custom playlist channels. Does anyone know of a workaround or fix to this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - earlieb - 2013-05-15

xkudeki,
What type do you have your custom playlist in xbmc set up as? It looks like it's set up as a tv show type. If so try changing it to episodes type.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-14, 22:16)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 20:24)RockDawg Wrote: Sure enough, I deleted the newest version of PTV and re-installed the older one and the EPG is showing episode correctly now. No more single, infinitely long episode on a channel. I'm not sure exactly which git version it is as they are all 2.1.0, so I can't be sure what fixes it includes or is lacking. But I can post it for download if anyone is interested.

That would be nice.NodBig Grin

I'll defer posting my build as the file in Steveb's post should fix your problem. If you or anybody would still like it I'll happily post it however.

xkudeki - You might try the file Steveb posted a little ways back. You never know, it just may work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-15, 19:16)xkudeki Wrote: Ok, I've included two screenshots to help explain what's happening. Example 1 shows the custom playlist channels and how they're showing only the season and episode numbers with no story plot or info.Image

Here's a screenshot with a regular network channels, displaying story info and episode name.Image

It's only doing this with custom playlist channels. Does anyone know of a workaround or fix to this?

are you sure the channel in question isn't using directory channel type?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-15, 23:24)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 22:16)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 20:24)RockDawg Wrote: Sure enough, I deleted the newest version of PTV and re-installed the older one and the EPG is showing episode correctly now. No more single, infinitely long episode on a channel. I'm not sure exactly which git version it is as they are all 2.1.0, so I can't be sure what fixes it includes or is lacking. But I can post it for download if anyone is interested.

That would be nice.NodBig Grin

I'll defer posting my build as the file in Steveb's post should fix your problem. If you or anybody would still like it I'll happily post it however.

xkudeki - You might try the file Steveb posted a little ways back. You never know, it just may work.

xkudeki problem won't be fixed by steveb rollback, his change is a minor one bringing back Jason's original duration statement..

I really would like to know why everyone is playing around with the duration setting in channellist.py...
lets stabilize changes, and not circulate rouge code... whats the reason for going back to the old code?
All that was change was the order to which ptv gets its runtime data... nothing was removed...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote: xkudeki problem won't be fixed by steveb rollback, his change is a minor one bringing back Jason's original duration statement.

I only suggested it because I saw some channels doing the same as what xkudeki is getting with the new code. When I switched back the problem went away.

Quote:I really would like to know why everyone is playing around with the duration setting in channellist.py...
lets stabilize changes, and not circulate rouge code... whats the reason for going back to the old code?
All that was change was the order to which ptv gets its runtime data... nothing was removed...

The new code has problems where the EPG will just show one long, never-ending episode on a given channel. I had over 30 channels like that. It seems related to Jason's change in how runtime is determined. Since Jason isn't around to fix it the only option is to revert back. And I wouldn't call it rogue code.

(2013-05-16, 01:31)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote: xkudeki problem won't be fixed by steveb rollback, his change is a minor one bringing back Jason's original duration statement.

I only suggested it because I saw some channels doing the same as what xkudeki is getting with the new code. When I switched back the problem went away.

Quote:I really would like to know why everyone is playing around with the duration setting in channellist.py...

The new code has problems where the EPG will just show one long, never-ending episode on a given channel. I had over 30 channels like that. It seems related to Jason's change in how runtime is determined. Since Jason isn't around to fix it the only option is to revert back. And I wouldn't call it rogue code.

For starters, I never thought this change in code was necessary... and left it out of my build...

what I mean by rouge is when users start changing code, to "fix" their problems... most of the time it's not a fix but a cover up... this change in runtime for example isn't fixing the problem with media and the epg... it's just covering up the problem... two major problems I see is poorly encoded media leading to duration problems, and incorrectly formatted nfo's....

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-14, 20:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 19:29)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Could you add in using the <durationinseconds> tag as well? strm files from the hulu plugin only have that tag and not the <runtime> tag in their nfo. xbmc still shows a "runtime" for every episode on the info page but i think it is just calculating it from the <durationinseconds> tag instead of putting it into the runtime field.
look for my topic on adding strms to ptv... for info
Ah i assume youre referencing the part about not using self-generated nfo files?
Quote:1. Disable any options to self generate nfo's within the plugins settings.
This works for most shows/content, but anything where the video from the source doesnt match the video on the scraper needs its own nfo file. When i ran into this issue it was specifically for old cartoons from hulu like dudley do right and popeye the sailor. Hulu has them formatted into episodes different from the original way they were broadcast so they dont match up with the scraper. For instance each episode of popeye is 3 shorts put together and they are all in alphabetical order. So for situations like that the nfo it makes will have correct info about the episode and all the scrapers wont match that.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rd1979 - 2013-05-16

The issue xkudeki is talking about is something I experienced a few pages back. This is a bug or limitation in PseudoTV. Custom playlist channels do not show story info and episode names.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 10:21)rd1979 Wrote: The issue xkudeki is talking about is something I experienced a few pages back. This is a bug or limitation in PseudoTV. Custom playlist channels do not show story info and episode names.

I have several channels set up as custom playlists and they display the names and info just fine. Are you using frodo with the latest stable pre?

(2013-05-16, 08:55)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 20:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 19:29)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Could you add in using the <durationinseconds> tag as well? strm files from the hulu plugin only have that tag and not the <runtime> tag in their nfo. xbmc still shows a "runtime" for every episode on the info page but i think it is just calculating it from the <durationinseconds> tag instead of putting it into the runtime field.
look for my topic on adding strms to ptv... for info
Ah i assume youre referencing the part about not using self-generated nfo files?
Quote:1. Disable any options to self generate nfo's within the plugins settings.
This works for most shows/content, but anything where the video from the source doesnt match the video on the scraper needs its own nfo file. When i ran into this issue it was specifically for old cartoons from hulu like dudley do right and popeye the sailor. Hulu has them formatted into episodes different from the original way they were broadcast so they dont match up with the scraper. For instance each episode of popeye is 3 shorts put together and they are all in alphabetical order. So for situations like that the nfo it makes will have correct info about the episode and all the scrapers wont match that.

I'd like to help, but I can only offer the advice previously mentioned... When it comes to getting Hulu and PTV working well together it's best to disable self generated nfos and either create your own or generate them using ember...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160904

As for your cartoons... It seem that if TVDB doesn't show the proper info... you will be forced at some point to edit the nfo's manually anyway... I suggest you save the nfo's generated by hulu and manual edit all of the runtimes for them...
BTW runtime info when it comes to PTV doesn't have to be down to the second.... you could generalize a show as 30 minutes when it is actually 28.... Only problem is after enough of theses shows the epg will get a little out of sync...

(2013-05-16, 10:21)rd1979 Wrote: The issue xkudeki is talking about is something I experienced a few pages back. This is a bug or limitation in PseudoTV. Custom playlist channels do not show story info and episode names.

Can I get a log? I would really like to track this problem down.... I use custom playlist for all of my channels and I've never had this happen... can you give me an exact setup of one of your channels that PTV doesn't properly display?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dnalloheoj - 2013-05-16

I'm having a slight issue using the Android XBMC Remote and PseudoTV, specifically, none of the buttons bring up the OSD with Audio Settings/Play/Pause/etc.

This wouldn't normally be too much of an issue, but lately I've been having some audio sync issues and having to pull out a keyboard, hit M, and change the audio offset that way, as opposed to just hitting 2-3 buttons on my phone, makes it a bit of an inconvenience.

Is there a way to fix this without potentially remapping the Menu key for all other addons? Hitting that button brings up the OSD just fine when playing video elsewhere (via Library, Icefilms, etc) but in PseudoTV it consistantly prompts me asking if I want to Quit PseudoTV.

For clarification, both "M" on the keyboard and "Menu" on the Android Remote app work just fine in other apps, but only "M" on the keyboard brings up the proper menu in PseudoTV, the "Menu" button on the app does not.

I did a search and only saw a suggestion regarding this issue, so forgive me if I missed any other discussions about it.

E: For what it's worth, this issue also occurs using Yatse instead of the Android Remote App. Even pulling up the manual keyboard on Yatse and pressing "M" doesn't seem to bring up the menu I want, only pressing "M" on the physical keyboard connected to my HTPC does.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-15, 22:39)earlieb Wrote: xkudeki,
What type do you have your custom playlist in xbmc set up as? It looks like it's set up as a tv show type. If so try changing it to episodes type.

Sir I owe you a digital beer. I changed the playlists to episodes and ran a force reset. This fixed everything! Thank you!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rd1979 - 2013-05-17

(2013-05-15, 22:39)earlieb Wrote: xkudeki,

I didn't notice this post until now. I don't remember, but I probably didn't...maybe that is the solution. Sounds like it is.
So thanks.