Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-06-03

NFO files are not just used for files not found on TVDB... They are useful for importing media at ANY time without needing to always connect to the internet. And the NFO files I have were exported using XBMC so if I was to "rescrape" wouldn't I just get the exact same data from TVDB that was downloaded in the first place and written out to the NFO... That being the runtime of the show is not correct based on the actual file?

In addition to being able to import from local sources than TVDB, it is also possible to then add custom tags and other data to have the media searchable for kids correctly, display in the correct way etc etc. There are many reasons to use NFO files that have nothing to do with PTV. In the case I have, the NFO file is not even the issue. It is the data stored in the DB which is being read from TVDB, not the actual files.

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-03

Ummm Aren't we in the PTV forum? Of coarse NFOs are useful... But we're talking about its role in using PTV... :D

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - bacontaco - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-01, 07:17)bacontaco Wrote: XBMC lost my settings for some random reason and I had to reset all of my PseudoTV channels.

I have been able to recreate all but one of them, and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I used to have a channel (lets say, channel 30) that would play five of my favorite shows in a specific order. These five shows are on channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - so I set up channel 30 to interlace these five channels, but I couldn't get the channel to show up at first. What I had to do in order to get the channel to show up is to set the channel to play the same tv show as channel 1, then interlaced 2, 3, 4, and 5 - and this allowed the channel to show up, but it's playing the shows in random order. For example, I get 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 4, etc - when I want them to cycle 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 over and over. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong? Thank you!

I finally figured this out! In case anyone finds this useful, here is what I did:
  • First, I had to do what to set up a new channel that was set to play only Show 1.
  • Then, in the advanced options, I interleaved Channel 2 (where show 2 is playing nonstop) with a Min Interleave and Max Interleave Count both set to 1.
  • Then another advanced setting to interleave Channel 3 with a Min Interleave and Max Interleave Count both set to 2.
  • Next, another advanced setting to interleave Channel 4 with a Min Interleave and Max Interleave Count both set to 3.
  • Finally, a last advanced setting to interleave Channel 5 with a Min Interleave and Max Interleave Count both set to 4.

This gets me a channel that plays a random episode of Show 1, then a random episode of Show 2, and so on. After a random episode of Show 5 is over, another episode of Show 1 airs to begin the cycle again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Westane - 2013-06-03

This may have been answered somewhere in this very long thread, but I wasn't able to find it, so, I'm asking.

I have two computers running XBMC in my house. One is the primary HTPC in the living room and the other is my personal computer, which I have XBMC installed on to test features before implementing them into the family box. That said, the primary HTPC is fairly addon-lite, while my PC is loading to the brim full of experimental and beta addons.

Here's my PTV question. My PC runs PTV just fine, I'm using the v2.1 master version. The living room HTPC will install PTV just fine, but the channel config tool runs off the screen, and when I try to run it with default settings it gives me a "Failed to start" error, whether I've set channels up or not.

The odd thing is, I just built a new HTPC for the living room - New parts, fresh XBMC install and profile, everything, and it's having the exact same issue. I've tried it with multiple skins, and with no other addons installed.

Running the latest Frodo 12.2 release on WIndows 7, though my personal PC is on WIndows 8.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 21:18)Westane Wrote: This may have been answered somewhere in this very long thread, but I wasn't able to find it, so, I'm asking.

I have two computers running XBMC in my house. One is the primary HTPC in the living room and the other is my personal computer, which I have XBMC installed on to test features before implementing them into the family box. That said, the primary HTPC is fairly addon-lite, while my PC is loading to the brim full of experimental and beta addons.

Here's my PTV question. My PC runs PTV just fine, I'm using the v2.1 master version. The living room HTPC will install PTV just fine, but the channel config tool runs off the screen, and when I try to run it with default settings it gives me a "Failed to start" error, whether I've set channels up or not.

The odd thing is, I just built a new HTPC for the living room - New parts, fresh XBMC install and profile, everything, and it's having the exact same issue. I've tried it with multiple skins, and with no other addons installed.

Running the latest Frodo 12.2 release on WIndows 7, though my personal PC is on WIndows 8.

you should be using the latest stable-pre of PTV with frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Daavid - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-02, 16:45)tremainc Wrote: Hey guys...

I have searched high and wide for a proper list to how to get certain Advanced Channel settings to work, so I apologise in advance if this has already been covered.

Mostly I want them to work for my Music Channels. I have an On Demand MTV style channel, and a Classic Channel. I am running these directly out of directories rather than scraping cause I can't seem to get the Music Video scraper to work. I want to be able to have different types of music video scheduled at the same time ie New Music everyday in the afternoon, Live/Concerts on Sunday Nights, Dance Party Late Friday and Saturday nights, 90's grunge Saturday mornings etc. I have moved all my music videos into genre folders on my drives and create separate hidden channels with them in it. The problem is I can't get the channel scheduling to work at all, and wondering if it only works for scraped media. What I thought I could do also was do tricky interleaving as well, but it failed also. For example, I make custom videos for bumpers. I made a channel for a music genre bumper ie Up next Brand New Music. Then on the bumper channel, I then interleaved the New Music folder so every 7 songs on the On Demand MTV channel, it would play the bumper, then a random song from the Brand New Music folder. Unfortunately it would just play the bumper, and not play the following interleave from the Brand New Music folder.

So I also wanted Friends to play 3 episodes on at 6pm every night, so I created a smart playlist and placed it, and still no luck. I know it must be something I am doing, but I can't find anyone who has done extensive Advanced Channel programming to reference off.

One more thing. The code that allows for the 'Coming Up Next' Pop up to come on the screen, is there code that could be added to pop up to show what is currently playing ie like a lower third for music videos

Thanks guys Smile

JD Big Grin

Howdy - Try this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-06

hi everyone.
i found a weird bug and i hope someone can direct me in the right direction.

when PTV populate the channels, it takes the info of the movies to display in the info bar.
when the description on the movie exceed 500 characters (more or less. the line including the movie name is more than 520 characters), PTV cannot display it and show the next movie's info.
once i edit the channel file (the m3u ) and reduce the file to 550 characters, the info displays it ok.

i think PTV cannot handle long movie information.
now my question is, does anyone know where the in the PTV scripts, there is the parameter? and maybe add a line that tells it only to import not all the info of the movie (it doesnt fit in the info screen anyway)
this goes the same for the EPG windows.
maybe that is the source of the EPG sync issues?

thanks

EDIT: when editing the m3u files, i found out that lines that are not showing in the EPG are lines that have a total of 609 characters (including movie name). it is always 609 so maybe there is a parameter somewhere in PTV' s system files that:
* either import 609 characters and cannot display them
* epg and tv overlay info cannot display info that has 609 characters

this takes the epg out of sync.

so there is a need to change the import settings or display settings.
anyone have an idea what needs to be done?
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Whiten5arc - 2013-06-06

Try it out, give suggestions or add bug reports to github.Image

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-06, 10:57)EZ1976 Wrote: hi everyone.

when PTV populate the channels, it takes the info of the movies to display in the info bar.
when the description on the movie exceed 500 characters (more or less. the line including the movie name is more than 520 characters), PTV cannot display it and show the next movie's info.
once i edit the channel file (the m3u ) and reduce the file to 550 characters, the info displays it ok.

now my question is, does anyone know where the in the PTV scripts, there is the parameter? and maybe add a line that tells it only to import not all the info of the movie (it doesnt fit in the info screen anyway)

thanks

EDIT: when editing the m3u files, i found out that lines that are not showing in the EPG are lines that have a total of 609 characters (including movie name). it is always 609 so maybe there is a parameter somewhere in PTV' s system files that:

thanks

I'll take a look...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tromy - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-02, 10:31)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 18:32)tromy Wrote: Hello to everyone,
I use pseudo tv for six months and the only problem i have is the epg sync mostly in movies channels(made by genre).The epg is one movie back in some channels and 4-6 hours to other channels.The rest movie channels works OK
!! I searched the forum and nothing found.If someone has the same problem,or anyone else could help would be great. Thanks in advance

this happened to me when i scrapped my xbmc database with a hebrew scrapper.
is yours native english? (meaning using the themoviedb scrapper?)

it happened when PTV cannot read the info of the movie and just skips it when creating the channel.
The solution was to rescrape the 'problem' movies with ember media manager.Now the epg has no issues,works perfect.Guess i have to do the same thing with tv shows.
Thanks everyone for the help

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-06, 20:06)tromy Wrote:
(2013-06-02, 10:31)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 18:32)tromy Wrote: Hello to everyone,
I use pseudo tv for six months and the only problem i have is the epg sync mostly in movies channels(made by genre).The epg is one movie back in some channels and 4-6 hours to other channels.The rest movie channels works OK
!! I searched the forum and nothing found.If someone has the same problem,or anyone else could help would be great. Thanks in advance

this happened to me when i scrapped my xbmc database with a hebrew scrapper.

it happened when PTV cannot read the info of the movie and just skips it when creating the channel.
The solution was to rescrape the 'problem' movies with ember media manager.Now the epg has no issues,works perfect.Guess i have to do the same thing with tv shows.

yes but ember doesnt scrape with the hebrew scrapper.
this has advanced a bit and now i know that while populating the channels, the movies with a long description are not displayed and the movie after them is - so that will create a one movie epg sync issue.
while editing the files, i noticed that lines that has 609 characters are not displayed and when i shorten them to 580 characters, the epg os spot on.

(2013-06-06, 14:59)Lunatixz Wrote:

thanks

thanks

I'll take a look...

thanks mate.
if you need me to send you a few m3u files with hebrew scraping just let me know
i am curious to hear what you found out.

edit: started to manually edit each playlist and XBMC database and trim the problematic movie info down to 570 characters and it worked perfectly.
so as i see it there are 3 options:
1) fix the problem that PTV has with movie info with more than 570 characters.
2) trim the movie info direct in the XBMC database (maybe a daily script)
3) run a batch command that goes through the m3u files and trim the long files.

what do you think?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-06, 23:40)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 20:06)tromy Wrote:
(2013-06-02, 10:31)EZ1976 Wrote: this happened to me when i scrapped my xbmc database with a hebrew scrapper.

this has advanced a bit and now i know that while populating the channels, the movies with a long description are not displayed and the movie after them is - so that will create a one movie epg sync issue.
while editing the files, i noticed that lines that has 609 characters are not displayed and when i shorten them to 580 characters, the epg os spot on.

(2013-06-06, 14:59)Lunatixz Wrote:

thanks

thanks

I'll take a look...

thanks mate.
if you need me to send you a few m3u files with hebrew scraping just let me know

edit: started to manually edit each playlist and XBMC database and trim the problematic movie info down to 570 characters and it worked perfectly.

what do you think?

Yes send me m3u

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - hmw_82 - 2013-06-08

Does anybody know how to use (or know of something similar) pseudotv network manager on a Mac? I'm using a Mac mini as my htpc.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 03:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 23:40)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 20:06)tromy Wrote: The solution was to rescrape the 'problem' movies with ember media manager.Now the epg has no issues,works perfect.Guess i have to do the same thing with tv shows.

(2013-06-06, 14:59)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll take a look...

thanks mate.

what do you think?

Yes send me m3u

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xlkhbbz481mb5ig/1.rar

i put in the rar file 4 m3u channels (its in hebrew so you will need to open them in notepad ++ in unicode mode).
although the info is in hebrew, the movie's name is also in english so you will see what it is.
in addition i added also a sample database (only 99 movies scrapped in hebrew) and the playlists (since PTV cannot recognize hebrew genre, playlists must be used)

please let me know how i can help more. right now i am working on a sql script to trim lines longer than 550 characters.
as of now i got to:
SELECT SUBSTR(c01, 550)
FROM movie
WHERE length(c01)>550

need to find out how to trim the selected data

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - defdave - 2013-06-08

Hey guys, I've got a weird bug that probably has a simple solution but I just don't know where to look.

I applied custom settings with the mce remote plug-in and everything works wonderfully except it now made switching channels by number in pseudotv stop working. I checked in the mce remote plug-in and the numbers are set up properly so I'm guessing it's something in pseudotv settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!