Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-06-24

Besides the multitude of questions always floating about, I am not aware of any known, reproducible bugs right now. I want to release into Frodo (better late than never). If anyone is aware of any issues that are reproducible between multiple users, please tell me. Otherwise the release of the current stable-pre into the official repo will happen in a couple days.

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 02:05)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 17:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 15:48)blazin912 Wrote: So can't seem to find anyone else with this issue, and this is a stretch because i'm using a fork to support live tv; however, I'm having an issue with my directory channel. It seems to revert to a playlist rather than a directory.

More details:

Directory channel set to file manager added directory Music Videos.
On first build, it works populating that channel.
Sometime later, not sure when, it converts to playing movies.. not sure how or what it's decided to play ie what smart playlist.
Rebuild fixes this temporarily.

This is a local folder on the HTPC so it's not a network share issue.

Anyone have any thoughts or anything i can try? Let me know. I'm thinking about reverting back to the main branch to see if it's a fix that was incorporated somehwere down the road after the fork, but then I'll need dev help to determine how to incorporate it into the fork i'm using.

The fork you are using has nothing to do with your problem... make sure you are using my build with frodo support!
Please keep angrycamels and my fork related questions in the appropriate topic so you can receive help...

If it has nothing to do with the fork, then it has every right being here. Thanks.

Your using a modified version different then this topic you are in. please report bugs to the correct topics...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - garydebergerac - 2013-06-24

Lunatixz, you're a fucking dick. You make me want to not use this, and then tell everyone that its buggy so no one else does either.

(2013-06-21, 22:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 13:51)garydebergerac Wrote: Are you a developer of this add-on? Are there any developers on this thread? This thread is ridiculous, there are tons of questions asking to just get it basically working, and no one is answering any of them.

(2013-06-19, 22:31)Jason102 Wrote: Small update to stable-pre (shocking, I know):
* Limit show descriptions to 500 characters to help combat occasional EPG sync issues.
* Allow skinners to modify font in EPG (thanks to codenamedelta)
* Fix issue with opening videos with unicode in the filename.
* Workaround for dirty regions breaking the rules configuration page.
* Pressing delete on a channel in the configuration will give the option to clear that channel.
* There are now arrows in the advanced rule window to show if there are more options

GO AWAY!!

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-24

LOL... Or Perhaps I'm just tired of watching false complaints , nonsense bugs and ungrateful ppl who feel initialed overgrowing this forum to the point that relevant information is hard to find ...

You want help to a problem ask and maybe someone will help... If not oh well this isn't tech support no one is obligated to help you...

I'm also 99% sure any problem your having with PTV could be answered with a simple search.... But yet I'm the dick... Not the guy who wants this whole forum to stop what their doing to help.... What's your deal anyway I don't even see a question!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - garydebergerac - 2013-06-24

Yeah, whatever, point out the post to me that says "turning on debugging will make the script work", because that was all I needed to do to get the script to load.

I asked twice, nicely, without getting a reply, and the third time when I complain you say go away. Just because you dont know why its not starting up doesn't make it a false complaint. And there are plenty of examples of other people not getting answers.

The only post that I saw that *might* have helped my problem had you deleting lines from a config file. And obviously, since turning on debugging is what did the trick, all that would have done is left me with a config file missing some lines.

And if you are tired of answering the same question, PUT THE ANSWERS IN THE FIRST FREAKIN POST. Don't respond like a fucking 8 yr old.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 02:53)Jason102 Wrote: Besides the multitude of questions always floating about, I am not aware of any known, reproducible bugs right now. I want to release into Frodo (better late than never). If anyone is aware of any issues that are reproducible between multiple users, please tell me. Otherwise the release of the current stable-pre into the official repo will happen in a couple days.

Jason,

Don't know if it is reproducible or if anyone else sees this but sometimes when using the rules windows, I see "ghost rules" that were actually made in another channel and seem to propagate to other channels. I don't think that they register in the settings2.xml, but they look untidy and are a little disconcerting.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 12:15)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 02:53)Jason102 Wrote: Besides the multitude of questions always floating about, I am not aware of any known, reproducible bugs right now. I want to release into Frodo (better late than never). If anyone is aware of any issues that are reproducible between multiple users, please tell me. Otherwise the release of the current stable-pre into the official repo will happen in a couple days.

Jason,

Don't know if it is reproducible or if anyone else sees this but sometimes when using the rules windows, I see "ghost rules" that were actually made in another channel and seem to propagate to other channels. I don't think that they register in the settings2.xml, but they look untidy and are a little disconcerting.

Mark

I've seen this as well, I believe it's probably what's causing my directory channel to transform into another type of channel.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 12:33)blazin912 Wrote:

Jason,

Mark

I've seen this as well, I believe it's probably what's causing my directory channel to transform into another type of channel.

I've also seen instances of actually making a change to a rule, like changing channel interweave settings, and they do not get saved to the settings2.xml file. I have proved this to myself by closing out the rules window, reopening and looking at the channel I changed. Sometimes the value will be just blank, so I change the settings2.xml file myself. This could be a cause of your problem as well.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-19, 22:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 16:23)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-11, 13:00)xkudeki Wrote: Let me add some info, sorry for the earlier post. I'm running XBMC Eden release with PseudoTV 2.0 (i think) I reconfigured all my "network" channels and
made them smart playlists. I usually keep pseudotv running for that "tv' experience. I noticed large chunks of "network'' channels disappearing from time to time. I can exit out of PTV and run it again to repopulate the channels, (i think that once it plays all the shows it removes the channel) but I'm trying to figure out why it's doing this. I added a rule to only play "watched" media files to see if that made a difference and marked all my media as "watched". Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I would greatly appreciate it.

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE? I'VE WAITED OVER A WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE

LOL!! Confused Sounds like this is a problem unique to your setup... I have no clue what the problem is other then something to do with watched files being filtered... check your playlist, does it list everything from the missing channel or is it empty? have you tried removing all rules from the problem channel and starting over? PTV on its own doesn't filter watched shows out of your channel unless you have set it up to do so!!
Thank you for the reply. I understand that everyone is here voluntarily to help. I only have my channels set as playlists with the channel config having 1 rule to "show only watched media" after a few days it will delete the channel, (i have had up to 10 deleted before) I included 3 pics showing the playlist setup (pic1) channel rules (pic2) and PTV overall config (pic3). This is the channel that gets deleted the most. I have no idea what to do to fix it and I can't find any relevant information through google.

Pic1- Image

Pic2- Image

Pic3- Image

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Amelandbor - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 14:13)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 16:23)xkudeki Wrote: CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE? I'VE WAITED OVER A WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE

LOL!! Confused Sounds like this is a problem unique to your setup... I have no clue what the problem is other then something to do with watched files being filtered... check your playlist, does it list everything from the missing channel or is it empty? have you tried removing all rules from the problem channel and starting over? PTV on its own doesn't filter watched shows out of your channel unless you have set it up to do so!!
Thank you for the reply. I understand that everyone is here voluntarily to help. I only have my channels set as playlists with the channel config having 1 rule to "show only watched media" after a few days it will delete the channel, (i have had up to 10 deleted before) I included 3 pics showing the playlist setup (pic1) channel rules (pic2) and PTV overall config (pic3). This is the channel that gets deleted the most. I have no idea what to do to fix it and I can't find any relevant information through google.

As a workaround you could try to filter only played episodes in your playlist.
So add another rule to your playlist, where playcount is greater than 0 or is not 0.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 10:59)garydebergerac Wrote: Yeah, whatever, point out the post to me that says "turning on debugging will make the script work", because that was all I needed to do to get the script to load.

I asked twice, nicely, without getting a reply, and the third time when I complain you say go away. Just because you dont know why its not starting up doesn't make it a false complaint. And there are plenty of examples of other people not getting answers.

The only post that I saw that *might* have helped my problem had you deleting lines from a config file. And obviously, since turning on debugging is what did the trick, all that would have done is left me with a config file missing some lines.

And if you are tired of answering the same question, PUT THE ANSWERS IN THE FIRST FREAKIN POST. Don't respond like a fucking 8 yr old.

Turning on debugging? I know of no problems in PTV that activating debugging in XBMC fixes? Are you talking about XBMC Webserver?

What makes it a false complaint is that it's user error why its not working... not the software... BTW I still think by your attitude that you should go away Laugh

Jason,

Mark

I've also seen this but since it doesn't effect the rules, I never hunted the problem down... those "ghost rules" never get added to the channel... there leftovers from an old channel configuration.

(2013-06-24, 12:33)blazin912 Wrote:

Jason,

Mark

I strongly don't believe it is... I posted something to try in the LiveTV topic...I believe in your case you actually have a leftover setting in your rule that's causing problems... not a "ghostly" settings title... The one mark is talking about I've never actually seen it write that info to the settings2.xml

(2013-06-19, 16:23)xkudeki Wrote: CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE? I'VE WAITED OVER A WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE

I suspect it's a problem with your playlist not PTV, check the settings in your smartplaylist... can you open it and post whats inside here please...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 14:35)Amelandbor Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 22:33)Lunatixz Wrote: LOL!! Confused Sounds like this is a problem unique to your setup... I have no clue what the problem is other then something to do with watched files being filtered... check your playlist, does it list everything from the missing channel or is it empty? have you tried removing all rules from the problem channel and starting over? PTV on its own doesn't filter watched shows out of your channel unless you have set it up to do so!!

So add another rule to your playlist, where playcount is greater than 0 or is not 0.
could you explain n a little more detail please?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 15:41)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 14:35)Amelandbor Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 14:13)xkudeki Wrote: Thank you for the reply. I understand that everyone is here voluntarily to help. I only have my channels set as playlists with the channel config having 1 rule to "show only watched media" after a few days it will delete the channel, (i have had up to 10 deleted before) I included 3 pics showing the playlist setup (pic1) channel rules (pic2) and PTV overall config (pic3). This is the channel that gets deleted the most. I have no idea what to do to fix it and I can't find any relevant information through google.

could you explain n a little more detail please?

Please open your playlist to the problem channel, copy paste all info... I'll take a look and modify it for you Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-06-24

Can you please explain the "ghost rules" a bit more? The one problem I've saw quite a bit was when cycling through rule types I would see fields which are not applicable to the selected rule-type showing up. Turns out this was related to having enabled dirty regions. I fixed that in the last update to stable-pre. I'm assuming that's not what you're referring to, though.

garydebergerac: You may or may not get an answer that you like on this forum (or any forum). If you don't like an answer received (or the lack of an answer), all of the code is freely available for you to debug and modify at will.

(2013-06-24, 19:55)Jason102 Wrote: Can you please explain the "ghost rules" a bit more? The one problem I've saw quite a bit was when cycling through rule types I would see fields which are not applicable to the selected rule-type showing up. Turns out this was related to having enabled dirty regions. I fixed that in the last update to stable-pre. I'm assuming that's not what you're referring to, though.

That describes what I've seen before, but i'm using latest and it still happens from time to time, when did you make this change?... I changed my xbmc advancedsettings.xml settings when it comes to dirty regions... maybe this is why I still see it?