Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Idgeinc - 2013-07-19

For some reason I can't get this script to launch, im running Frodo 12.2 and just downloaded the newest version of PseudoTV from the repository.
When trying to launch the program XBMC just says "Script error", any clues?

Edit: Just installed the latest dev. version and now it starts, but the screen goes black and nothing happens, XBMC freezez and I'm forced to kill the process to continue, hmpf.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-19

(2013-07-19, 11:08)Idgeinc Wrote: For some reason I can't get this script to launch, im running Frodo 12.2 and just downloaded the newest version of PseudoTV from the repository.
When trying to launch the program XBMC just says "Script error", any clues?

Edit: Just installed the latest dev. version and now it starts, but the screen goes black and nothing happens, XBMC freezez and I'm forced to kill the process to continue, hmpf.

Use the version I have linked to further up the page.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-20

okay so its been working great so far. thanks for all the help. i have a new issue now. for some reason, when i click on channel configuration, it will pop up and say "preparing configuration" and stop at 90%. and never move. its stuck. i think it has something to do with my channel 21. i was editing. changed channel 21 to directory but never picked a directory. now when i just watch pseudotv and tune to channel 21, it crashes. how do i edit channel 21 without using the channel configuration in add-on settings. cuz now i cant edit ANY of my channels since it wont open up.

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-20

(2013-07-20, 17:13)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so its been working great so far. thanks for all the help. i have a new issue now. for some reason, when i click on channel configuration, it will pop up and say "preparing configuration" and stop at 90%. and never move. its stuck. i think it has something to do with my channel 21. i was editing. changed channel 21 to directory but never picked a directory. now when i just watch pseudotv and tune to channel 21, it crashes. how do i edit channel 21 without using the channel configuration in add-on settings. cuz now i cant edit ANY of my channels since it wont open up.

thanks!

Go into your Settings2.xml file and delete anything having to do with channel 21. Then restart PTV. Please make a backup first, just in case ;o)

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-20

okay so i fixed it. i actually had to uninstall and reinstall xbmc, resync my library, re install ptv. not the best solution. but it worked. in the future, where do i find settings2.xml. thanks for your response!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-07-21

I'm going to give this another shot. I made my playlists and added them to PseudoTV as channels. Everything runs fine and dandy for a few days. Every once and a while, I will notice that a channel has been removed completely from my EPG. It usually happens with my "Big Bang Theory" channel. The channel itself is nothing but random episodes. I've noticed that other channels have been removed as well, as many as 10 in one day. I followed milkmans guide when I made my playlists and have went as far as marking everything as watched and making a rule in the channel to "play only watched". I have also made a rule in the playlist setup to "play count greater than 0". So far nothing has worked. I'm using Eden XBMC with the latest PTV.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-07-21

(2013-07-21, 01:46)xkudeki Wrote: I'm going to give this another shot. I made my playlists and added them to PseudoTV as channels. Everything runs fine and dandy for a few days. Every once and a while, I will notice that a channel has been removed completely from my EPG. It usually happens with my "Big Bang Theory" channel. The channel itself is nothing but random episodes. I've noticed that other channels have been removed as well, as many as 10 in one day. I followed milkmans guide when I made my playlists and have went as far as marking everything as watched and making a rule in the channel to "play only watched". I have also made a rule in the playlist setup to "play count greater than 0". So far nothing has worked. I'm using Eden XBMC with the latest PTV.

if by latest ptv you mean the stable-pre then you need to be on frodo. if by latest ptv you mean the release version then your channels are disappearing based on your channel reset setting in ptv. they only go away if they are being remade.

if you restart xbmc, select to reset channels on next start in ptv, start up ptv, and then see some channels disappear then upload your xbmc.log file for review.

what i think is happening is your channels are running out of episodes to play and being reset. is your system old/slow?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-07-22

mwkurt: can you try the latest stable-pre? I believe I've fixed the file writing issue, which should fix the configuration problem...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Aenima99x - 2013-07-22

Hi Jason - Any ideas on what's stopping this from working in the Gotham Alphas? I can help with any troubleshooting/testing if you have time and/or interest to get it working in Gotham. Big Grin Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Cath Barkley - 2013-07-22

I can't get this script to launch at all. I've tried installing the version from the XBMC repository, the Github version and the version posted by Mark a few pages ago. I install it, then press enter to launch it, nothing happens. Try to configure it, can open the configuration page and mess around with it a bit, but still can't get it to run.

XBMC 12.1, Windows Vista.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-07-22

Cath Barkley: get the latest stable-pre version from github and try that (link in op). If it still won't start, please post a log.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-22

(2013-07-22, 03:47)Jason102 Wrote: mwkurt: can you try the latest stable-pre? I believe I've fixed the file writing issue, which should fix the configuration problem...

I will later today.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - lzep - 2013-07-23

Having a slight problem I hope someone can answer.

I added the following to the "script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml" file:

<control type="label" id="1111">
<description>Show Year Rating Label</description>
<posy>45</posy>
<width>970</width>
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.mpaa] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Year]</label>
<textcolor>Color1</textcolor>
<font>descriptionSmall</font>
</control>

This works and shows me the Rating and Year of a movie/tv show in the Info overlay when watching a video in Pseudo. But it doesn't show this in the EPG guide. So I added the same thing (but changed the ID to 1112) inside the "script.pseudotv.EPG.xml" file and it shows the Rating and Year in the EPG, except (and this is where my problem lies) it shows the same Rating and Year for every single video in the EPG overlay, it doesn't change as I'm going through the guide. So if I'm watching a Rated R movie made in 2004 or something, it will show Rated R 2004 for every single video file I scroll over in the EPG. It will only change once I actually select that video file and watch it.

So, long story short, it's changing and showing the correct Rating and Year in the Info TV Overlay for every video, but not in the EPG overlay. It doesn't change as I scroll through my channels in the EPG. Any idea why this could be? Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-22, 03:47)Jason102 Wrote: mwkurt: can you try the latest stable-pre? I believe I've fixed the file writing issue, which should fix the configuration problem...

Jason,

I have tested the latest stable-pre. It looks like the rules dialog has been fixed, however, I believe that the channel sharing function still has a problem. I ran PTV as a new install, only using my settings/xml and settings2.xml file as a starting point. I let PTV run and create all of the channels, 68 in total. After shutting down PTV, I checked the local PTV cache folder and there were all 68 m3u files. When looking into the shared folder on my network, there were only 34 m3u files, exactly half of my channels. I did not have logging enabled, but here is the log anyway: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38860
I noticed that the channels that could not find the channel.png file were some of the ones that did not get transferred to the shared folder. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - scilz - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 01:25)lzep Wrote: Having a slight problem I hope someone can answer.

I added the following to the "script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml" file:

<control type="label" id="1111">
<description>Show Year Rating Label</description>
<posy>45</posy>
<width>970</width>
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.mpaa] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Year]</label>
<textcolor>Color1</textcolor>
<font>descriptionSmall</font>
</control>

This works and shows me the Rating and Year of a movie/tv show in the Info overlay when watching a video in Pseudo. But it doesn't show this in the EPG guide. So I added the same thing (but changed the ID to 1112) inside the "script.pseudotv.EPG.xml" file and it shows the Rating and Year in the EPG, except (and this is where my problem lies) it shows the same Rating and Year for every single video in the EPG overlay, it doesn't change as I'm going through the guide. So if I'm watching a Rated R movie made in 2004 or something, it will show Rated R 2004 for every single video file I scroll over in the EPG. It will only change once I actually select that video file and watch it.

So, long story short, it's changing and showing the correct Rating and Year in the Info TV Overlay for every video, but not in the EPG overlay. It doesn't change as I scroll through my channels in the EPG. Any idea why this could be? Thanks.

its showing you the rating of the movie/show that is playing not what you are scrolling over i don't think it can retrieve the rating for stuff you are just highlighting the reason it changes out of the guide is because you are changing channels not just highlighting diferent stuff