Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dkplayaclub - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 18:50)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 16:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: I should note that some of the functions work, but the one I really want, add custom playlist, does not work on any skin. All of my channels are based on playlists.

Then you can either make the settings2.xml file manually, or do it with the pseudotv manager program on a different machine and transfer it over.

That was my question. Can I just transfer it over to the Ouya? Won't all the path info for the playlists etc. be wrong?
Can I just replace the paths currently shown in my settings2.xml with the smb location on the server?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 22:01)dkplayaclub Wrote: That was my question. Can I just transfer it over to the Ouya?
Yes
Quote:Won't all the path info for the playlists etc. be wrong?
Yes
Quote:Can I just replace the paths currently shown in my settings2.xml with the smb location on the server?
Yes

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dkplayaclub - 2013-10-08

lol. thanks. I actually used path substitution in order to try sharing the channels from my server to the 2 Ouyas. All the channels were imported fine and they populate fine, but nothing on the Ouya plays.
Odd thing is that on the PC, everything works just fine, but when I try to open PTV on my Ouya it just loads the channel and then tells me that the item failed to play every time.
Any ideas why this would be? If they are sharing the same settings2.xml and it works on the PC, shouldn't it also work on the Ouya? The paths should be the same since I used path substituting.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-08, 01:01)dkplayaclub Wrote: lol. thanks. I actually used path substitution in order to try sharing the channels from my server to the 2 Ouyas. All the channels were imported fine and they populate fine, but nothing on the Ouya plays.
Odd thing is that on the PC, everything works just fine, but when I try to open PTV on my Ouya it just loads the channel and then tells me that the item failed to play every time.
Any ideas why this would be? If they are sharing the same settings2.xml and it works on the PC, shouldn't it also work on the Ouya? The paths should be the same since I used path substituting.

Your settings2.xml file isnt the issue. If your channels get populated but nothing plays then the paths specified in the database are unreachable or incorrect. PTV is pulling items from your db correctly but when it goes to play them the path as listed in the db is not found. What paths are you substituting and are you using a shared mysql db or does every device have its own db?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dkplayaclub - 2013-10-08

To make explaining easier, here is what my advancedsettings.xml looks like :

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<network>
        <curlclienttimeout>15</curlclienttimeout>
        <curllowspeedtime>5</curllowspeedtime>
        <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    </network>

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
            <to>smb://BERSERKER/Users/DK/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/playlists/</from>
            <to>smb://BERSERKER/Users/DK/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/playlists/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

All machines have their own db as far as I know. Did I maybe forget to sub or share something?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-08

Hm, did you enable channel sharing in PTV? If you did, and the paths to your videos are not identical for all machines, then this is your problem. So all of your sources should be smb://path/to/videos if one machine is c:\ and another is smb:// then channel sharing (by which i mean the option in PTV settings) is not going to be possible for you.

If you didnt enable channel sharing then i dont know why its not working for you. Try opening one of your channel .m3u files from the cache folder in your userdata directory with a text editor and checking that the paths to the content are valid on that machine.

On a different note, it sounds like the setup you have would benefit from using a single mysql database, you should check out the wiki and see if its for you: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL

I have tried in the past to set up mySQL but have never been able to make it work. It seems like a lot of work when weighed against the benefits.
You are correct. The windows PC acts as my server and the paths on it are all formatted like "D:\Videos\etc..." while the Ouyas are using smb paths for the video files themselves.
Can I use sbm paths on the server, even though it would be pointing to a local path, in order to make them match? If not, and I do not have MySQL working, would just editing the settings2.xml like discussed before be the best option? I couldn't automatically update my channels, but I could edit and copy new ones over manually when I make channel lineup changes.

EDIT - Never mind about editing the settings2.xml, since I used path substitution the path pointing to the playlists should be the same. You are saying the playlists themselves point to videos in the wrong places?

(2013-10-08, 01:56)dkplayaclub Wrote: I have tried in the past to set up mySQL but have never been able to make it work. It seems like a lot of work when weighed against the benefits.
You are correct. The windows PC acts as my server and the paths on it are all formatted like "D:\Videos\etc..." while the Ouyas are using smb paths for the video files themselves.
Can I use sbm paths on the server, even though it would be pointing to a local path, in order to make them match? If not, and I do not have MySQL working, would just editing the settings2.xml like discussed before be the best option? I couldn't automatically update my channels, but I could edit and copy new ones over manually when I make channel lineup changes.

EDIT - Never mind about editing the settings2.xml, since I used path substitution the path pointing to the playlists should be the same. You are saying the playlists themselves point to videos in the wrong places?

Not the smart playlists you make and then form chanels from, but the generated playlists that PTV creates which just contain a simple list of what to play, and only if you are using channel sharing, which you still havent said.
Try my suggestion in the previous post and let us know if the paths PTV is trying to use to get to the video files are valid for that machine.

You can use smb paths for any machine you want, it doesnt matter if it points back to itself.

Yes, I did have channel sharing enabled on the Ouya. When I look in the m3u files, it shows that PTV is looking for the files in D:\Videos\etc... rather than a smb address or the like.
Thank you for being so patient. I am not incredibly good at this sort of thing and I really appreciate your assistance.

It seems to work when I disable channel sharing. Will have to play around with it for a while to know how it will actually act.

(2013-10-08, 02:28)dkplayaclub Wrote: Yes, I did have channel sharing enabled on the Ouya. When I look in the m3u files, it shows that PTV is looking for the files in D:\Videos\etc... rather than a smb address or the like.
Thank you for being so patient. I am not incredibly good at this sort of thing and I really appreciate your assistance.

It seems to work when I disable channel sharing. Will have to play around with it for a while to know how it will actually act.

All you need to do is change your source paths on the server to be smb paths. Assuming that you keep the server installation of xbmc and your ouya machines the same you should be able to simply replace the userdata folder on the server with one from an ouya and then everything will work fine.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-08, 03:20)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-08, 02:28)dkplayaclub Wrote: Yes, I did have channel sharing enabled on the Ouya. When I look in the m3u files, it shows that PTV is looking for the files in D:\Videos\etc... rather than a smb address or the like.

All you need to do is change your source paths on the server to be smb paths. Assuming that you keep the server installation of xbmc and your ouya machines the same you should be able to simply replace the userdata folder on the server with one from an ouya and then everything will work fine.

Don't want to step on toe's, spanktastic2120 is very helpful! he is completely correct and as I stated in the PTVL topic when you asked for help you need to follow the FAQ on channel sharing which explains how to correctly go about setting up xbmc sources to work with PTV... your not going to find a different answer here... either you can follow my instructions or someone elses... all the same Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-03, 01:47)tommymsw Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 00:05)sensman Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 17:38)tommymsw Wrote: Sensman... can you clarify this a little more? Maybe show an example to help me understand?

Hi tommymsw

go to VIDEOS -> FILES -> Keyboard Key "C" -> ADD SOURCE -> BROWSE -> Drive with XBMC "C:" -> OK -> Scraper "None" -> Exclude selected folder from scans X -> OK

now run PseudoTV

Tested on "Gotham" Last Monthly Build

Son of a.... THAT WORKED! Rofl I don't know how or why but it worked! You sensman, just got your first +1! lol

I can now also confirm this method works on the October Build.

I am also running a Mysql database and I tried this on a satellite XBMC and just added the C: drive of that system.

After further review, there is a problem to this solution (at least in my case). I have a shared Mysql library and to make it work, I need all the source paths to be their network path (sbm path), so adding a path of just "C:" seems to break my other share paths. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rich.h - 2013-10-11

Hoping someone can help with an issue. I have been running this add on with no problems for some time now. For the past week or so I find now some programs stutter instead of playing properly. To give an example below

Channel 1: plays fine and skips forward/backwards just fine.
Channel 2: plays fine and skips forward/backwards just fine.
Channel 3: plays fine and skips forward/backwards just fine.
Channel 4: Plays some programs just fine yet other programs play as if they are being show frame by frame with no audio.
Channel 5: plays fine and skips forward/backwards just fine.

All of these stuttering programs play just fine if i play the video file in wmp or any other player, the problem only occurs when using pseudotv in xbmc, they play fine from the xbmc library.

This also seems to be totally random, as the issue seems to happen to one program on a channel but maybe not the next playing program. If I close psuedotv then rebuild the epg in the settings then the issue seems to swap around to a different channel, but so far I have seen nothing to indicate any kind of pattern to either channels or programs.

Also it seems to be random on the video quality too, I have a mix of 100mb cartoons all the way upto 4gb blurays and the issue jumps around between any size of program at random.

Anyone any ideas of the possible causes of this problem or how I could go about tracking down the main cause?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 15:04)rich.h Wrote: Hoping someone can help with an issue. I have been running this add on with no problems for some time now. For the past week or so I find now some programs stutter instead of playing properly. To give an example below

Channel 4: Plays some programs just fine yet other programs play as if they are being show frame by frame with no audio.

All of these stuttering programs play just fine if i play the video file in wmp or any other player, the problem only occurs when using pseudotv in xbmc, they play fine from the xbmc library.

This also seems to be totally random, as the issue seems to happen to one program on a channel but maybe not the next playing program. If I close psuedotv then rebuild the epg in the settings then the issue seems to swap around to a different channel, but so far I have seen nothing to indicate any kind of pattern to either channels or programs.

Also it seems to be random on the video quality too, I have a mix of 100mb cartoons all the way upto 4gb blurays and the issue jumps around between any size of program at random.

Anyone any ideas of the possible causes of this problem or how I could go about tracking down the main cause?

Your description says that it happens to random videos on random channels, so really your problem is "sometimes video playback slows while in psuedotv"
The most likely cause for this is something on your machine is consuming a lot of cpu time, if you have background updating set to "on" in PTV this may be the cause, its also possible you just have some other addons that are doing things in the background on a timer or something.
What are the specs on the machine you are running this on, and are you using a mysql database or the regular xbmc one?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 15:04)rich.h Wrote: Hoping someone can help with an issue. I have been running this add on with no problems for some time now. For the past week or so I find now some programs stutter instead of playing properly. To give an example below

I would check the audio output when the video is choppy by pressing "m" change it to another audio source if one is available.

The fact that your choppy video is accompanied by no audio leads me to believed the above remedy will fix your problem

[/quote]