Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jayce996 - 2014-03-31

Hello everyone,
i discovered this morning the PseudoTV, even after a morning of search i have a doubt and would like to get few tips from you.
i'm located in France with a Cable operator NUMERICALBE, my XBMC is running with OPENelec on an Intel NUC i3.

If i've understood well, PseudoTV is an addon that allows me to watch TV directly from XBMC without having a PVR card plugged to my NUC, right?
all the channels that i can have with my TV provider can be accessible with PseudoTV?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 13:58)jayce996 Wrote: Hello everyone,
i discovered this morning the PseudoTV, even after a morning of search i have a doubt and would like to get few tips from you.
i'm located in France with a Cable operator NUMERICALBE, my XBMC is running with OPENelec on an Intel NUC i3.

If i've understood well, PseudoTV is an addon that allows me to watch TV directly from XBMC without having a PVR card plugged to my NUC, right?
all the channels that i can have with my TV provider can be accessible with PseudoTV?

Nope, thats not what this addon does at all. It takes the movie and tv shows you have downloaded and arranges them into fake tv channels.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 18:57)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Nope, thats not what this addon does at all. It takes the movie and tv shows you have downloaded and arranges them into fake tv channels.

*cough* you mean legally backed up copies. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Randall Lind - 2014-03-31

Now if some one would redo PseudoTTV Manager it would be great.Smile Spanktastic I am happy nice to have pseeudoTV working right the box in emm that set thee runtime was not checked so I check it ans set for [M] and I am back up and running.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2014-04-01

(2014-03-31, 13:58)jayce996 Wrote: Hello everyone,

Sorry. Missed the other replies somehow.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Randall Lind - 2014-04-01

PseudoTV take what you have already on your drive movies and TV Shows and make fake TV channels out of them so you can watch them like you would on TV.

PseudoTV Live lets you watch live TV and stream stuff. However that's a different program

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Richie - 2014-04-04

Hey all. I downloaded Milkman's package with all the premade smart playlists, went through and created all my channels linked to smart playlists.

When running PseudoTV, some of the channels don't show up, I assume because some of the smart playlists are stuffed. Is there any change with smart playlists from Frodo to Gotham? I'm running OE Beta2.

Alternatively, does anyone have a link to an update package of the smart playlists?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 03:31)Richie Wrote: Hey all. I downloaded Milkman's package with all the premade smart playlists, went through and created all my channels linked to smart playlists.

When running PseudoTV, some of the channels don't show up, I assume because some of the smart playlists are stuffed. Is there any change with smart playlists from Frodo to Gotham? I'm running OE Beta2.

Alternatively, does anyone have a link to an update package of the smart playlists?
From the Gotham changelog:
Quote:Improved and extended Smart Playlists functionality
I think all they did was add a "grouping" feature, so frodo-era playlists should work fine.

Quote:because some of the smart playlists are stuffed
What do you mean by that?

Open the smart playlists from within xbmc on their own and check that they get populated with actual content. If they dont then you just have nothing in your library that fits the rules of those playlists.

If they do have content and PTV doesnt pick them up its because it cant read the runtime of those files. If this is your issue there is plenty of info in this thread to get the runtime issue fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Richie - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-04, 03:57)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Open the smart playlists from within xbmc on their own and check that they get populated with actual content. If they dont then you just have nothing in your library that fits the rules of those playlists.

If they do have content and PTV doesnt pick them up its because it cant read the runtime of those files. If this is your issue there is plenty of info in this thread to get the runtime issue fixed.

I didn't even think of that. Ok, so I tried opening a few that *definitely* had matching items and they come up with nothing. Strange. These are the exact playlists downloaded in Milkman's package. They do reside in their own folder under the main playlists folder, but some of them work, others just don't. Strange.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - zebraitis - 2014-04-12

Hi folks.

I have been looking into PseudoTV for quite some time, but since I had many .iso files, it caused usability problems.

So, after quite a long time and effort, I rid myself of ALL iso's. Great. Now I am ready!

NEW ISSUE:

I am running Gotham Beta 3 in a Win7 64 bit environment.

I downloaded the latest development build (-v2.1.0-73-g0d328ca.zip), tried to load the add-on, and I saw:

PseudoTV

Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author.

So... I'm contacting.

I saw that someone else got it to work by adding "c drive" as a source, but tried that, didn't work.

Suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - barney stinsen - 2014-04-14

Are there any other skins for PseudoTv? There are only the default, Confluence and Metropolis. But i dont really like them. Perhaps there are some Custom-made by other Users?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tuddel - 2014-04-17

Hi Everyone
I just downloaded xbmc and i installed pseudtv using the install from zip.
but when i go to programs it says script failed.

any ideas?

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2014-04-17

(2014-04-17, 04:57)tuddel Wrote: Hi Everyone
I just downloaded xbmc and i installed pseudtv using the install from zip.
but when i go to programs it says script failed.

any ideas?

thanks!

If you are using Eden use the master branch: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/archive/master.zip
If you are using Frodo use the stable-pre: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/archive/stable-pre.zip

You must remove the pseudotv folder from your addons folder before installing a different version. Simply uninstalling the previous version wont work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - burner33 - 2014-04-18

If anyone is looking for a great PTV front end box that will play off of a NAS or some other storage get the Amazon Fire TV.

I am a long time PTV supporter I started with the ATV 2 then went to the HP NL40 , Rpi, and Arctic MC0001. So I am pretty familiar with the hardware needed to push PTV. I have about 500 movies scrapped along with 5 TV series that I load into PTV.

I received the Fire TV today and followed the wiki instructions and loaded the Gotham build. Yep doesn't work with PTV. I then loaded the SPMC build and installed the FRODO PTV Build posted above. Works perfectly. This device has a bluetooth remote that has just enough keys to do channel up down EPG and exit. Plays just about anything I throw at it. Also, seems to pass DTS through just fine. I do not have any HD Audio, 24 fps, or Anime. Just normal US blu ray rips in 1080 and 720p encoded with H264. Hope this info helps someone!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Pendragon445 - 2014-04-18

I haven't seen anyone post this, so thought I'd post it in case it helped someone. I just installed Openelec on a Raspberry Pi today. It used a beta Gotham version of XBMC. When trying to install Pseudotv it says "Dependencies not met" and does not install. It turns out this is a fairly easy fix.

The addon.xml file in Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-0d328ca.zip says requires xbmc.python 2.0. The addon.xml in xbmc.python says version 2.14.0.
I updated the version number in the zip to match and it then installed without any issues.