Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-21

zepfan Wrote:I hope Sranshaft doesn't kill me, but I modded his confluence skin to one that works for Cirrus Extended (or just Cirrus if you rename)
Here are some pics of it in action

It's really a terrible job, and if anyone thinks different colors would suit it better let me know.

I don't mind at all, looks good from the screenshots just means that there's one less skin I. Have to make Tongue

- zepfan - 2011-02-21

Sranshaft Wrote:I don't mind at all, looks good from the screenshots just means that there's one less skin I. Have to make Tongue

Thanks, I'll do this one and Alaska if you'd like. I'll work more on this one tonight to make it more polished.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-21

zepfan Wrote:Thanks, I'll do this one and Alaska if you'd like. I'll work more on this one tonight to make it more polished.

Sounds great! Laugh

derekos Wrote:@Saran @jason - Request. Can we have an option or default to trap the PREV MENU in addition to the ESC key for closing the EPG?

Thanks!

Sounds easy enough and something I've been meaning to do on my personal copy for ages now.

Edit: Here you go mate. Fire up your text editor of choice and open your copy of EPGwindow.py and Globals.py and insert these lines.

For Globals.py:

Code:
ACTION_PARENT_DIR = 9

For EPGWindow.py: Scroll down until you get to def onAction - should be about halfway down.

Code:
elif action == ACTION_PARENT_DIR:
            self.closeEPG()

Save both and restart PseudoTV. You'll now be able to exit the EPG by hitting the Backspace or equivalent button on the remote. Enjoy!

- derekos - 2011-02-21

@Sran - many thanks! Logitech remote not always best.

- zepfan - 2011-02-21

Alright here's the finished Cirrus skin. I polished somethings and changed some colors to make it more Cirrus like.
EPG

Info

Download.

Remember to rename it from skin.cirrus.extended to skin.cirrus if you use Cirrus vs Cirrus Extended.

- zepfan - 2011-02-21

I made this one for alaska, I'm not 100% happy with it, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.
EPG

Info

Download.

- branlr - 2011-02-21

zepfan Wrote:Alright here's the finished Cirrus skin. I polished somethings and changed some colors to make it more Cirrus like.
EPG

Info

Download.

Remember to rename it from skin.cirrus.extended to skin.cirrus if you use Cirrus vs Cirrus Extended.

I haven't tried yet for this version, but I tried your previous version of cirrus skin, and I noticed that the channel logos cover up the title of the show. I don't know if you use the logos, but if you try out the ones from jtucker's pack you could probably fix this very easily. Or perhaps you have already... just a heads up.

- zepfan - 2011-02-21

branlr Wrote:I haven't tried yet for this version, but I tried your previous version of cirrus skin, and I noticed that the channel logos cover up the title of the show. I don't know if you use the logos, but if you try out the ones from jtucker's pack you could probably fix this very easily. Or perhaps you have already... just a heads up.

Yea, i didn't use them I'll fix that though. Thanks

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-21

@Jason102,

If the parser has a problem with a file it is hanging the script. For example, right now the script is hung on my Channel 15. When I look at the log, the below file seems to be giving it a problem.

Code:
14:40:40 T:664 M:539529216   DEBUG: script.PseudoTV-VideoParser: getVideoLength Z:\TV  PG\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 032 - 1938 - Three Missing Links.avi
14:40:40 T:664 M:539500544   DEBUG: AVIParser: determineLength Z:\TV  PG\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 032 - 1938 - Three Missing Links.avi
14:40:40 T:664 M:539414528   DEBUG: AVIParser: Not an avi
14:42:39 T:7992 M:526467072   DEBUG: Thread 7992 terminating

Other files parsed fine.

Code:
14:40:39 T:664 M:543502336   DEBUG: script.PseudoTV-VideoParser: getVideoLength Z:\TV  PG\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 039 - 1939 - Yes, We Have No Bonanza (Curly).avi
14:40:39 T:664 M:543473664   DEBUG: AVIParser: determineLength Z:\TV  PG\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 039 - 1939 - Yes, We Have No Bonanza (Curly).avi
14:40:39 T:664 M:543502336   DEBUG: AVIParser: Duration: 963

Is there a way to catch if the parser errors or chokes on a file to just skip the file and continue processing?

I am throwing the gauntlet at it!

- zepfan - 2011-02-21

branlr Wrote:I haven't tried yet for this version, but I tried your previous version of cirrus skin, and I noticed that the channel logos cover up the title of the show. I don't know if you use the logos, but if you try out the ones from jtucker's pack you could probably fix this very easily. Or perhaps you have already... just a heads up.
All my skins have been fixed. Alaska and Cirrus both have space for channel icons. Let me know if more can/should be changed.
Alaska
Cirrus-Extended

- Zootoxin - 2011-02-21

How do I set up a 'smartlist'? is it a playlist within xmbc or something completely different
I am using ubuntu 10
Please help

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-21

Zootoxin Wrote:How do I set up a 'smartlist'? is it a playlist within XBMC or something completely different
I am using ubuntu 10
Please help

Yes, a smartlist is a playlist. To create one, go to your videos section, library mode, and select playlist. At the bottom of the list it will say New Smart Playlist. Select that to open the built-in smart playlist editor.

- branlr - 2011-02-21

Zootoxin Wrote:How do I set up a 'smartlist'? is it a playlist within XBMC or something completely different
I am using ubuntu 10
Please help

See the Wiki, know the truth Wink

It is a playlist used by xbmc that is capable of drawing items out of the library's database based on various attributes, such as genre, year, recently added, etc.

- rduggu - 2011-02-22

Sranshaft Wrote:New update. I've got the info window working 100%. Pressing i brings up the window. Pressing left and right cycles through the channel's episodes. I've included a few channel logos to use if you'd like.

Download here.

@Jason: Things I've added to take note of -

- Added new dialog window called InfoWindow.
- Added code in the showChannelLabel function to display updated overlay.
- Changed the positioning of the timebar (will need to come up with a way of doing this without hardcoding the position).
- Added the ability to use a channel logo. Logos should be placed in the images folder of the addon and must be named exactly as the channel name.
- Added new timebar image.
- I've switched changing the channels to Page Up and Page Down as that corresponds better to the buttons on the remote.

Wow this looks amazing, would love to get mine looking like this except i am having runtime issues. Very envious lol

- Jason102 - 2011-02-22

@jtucker1972: I believe I've fixed the issue you're seeing. Fix is in stable-pre.

@rduggu: Can you please elaborate? What doesn't work? What version are you running? Can you please send me a debug log?