Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-22

You da man, Jason! It works very well indeed now.

@Sranshaft, would you be willing to share your channel logo tempates with me? I use Gimp, but believe it can handle Photoshop files. I think my channel logos look amateurish. Your's look polished. I guess I am just not feeling very creative at the moment.

EPG with incorrect info - MaxweII - 2011-02-22

Is anyone else having problems with the EPG? For me, the EPG is always wrong about what is currently playing. Also, selecting a future show to play now ends up playing something seemingly random.

I am using the latest stable-pre (5b759fd8c4eca862898b). I have tried using only one channel with only 8 available shows that XBMC knows the duration of. I have tried everything that I have read about to fix this. I really want to get this working because it is such an awesome plugin.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-22

jtucker1972 Wrote:@Sranshaft, would you be willing to share your channel logo tempates with me? I use Gimp, but believe it can handle Photoshop files. I think my channel logos look amateurish. Your's look polished. I guess I am just not feeling very creative at the moment.

Not sure how much of a template this is, per say, but this is the file I've been using to make those logos.

My layer style is as follows:

Inner shadow -
  • Color: White
  • Opacity: 75%
  • Angle: -90
  • Distance: 2 px
  • Size: 2 px

Gradient -
  • Colors: RGB(204, 204, 204) to White
  • Opacity: 100%
  • Style: Linear
  • Angle: 90
  • Scale: 150%

Stroke -
  • Color: RGB(161, 161, 161)
  • Size: 1 px
  • Position: Outside
  • Opacity: 100%

- Jason102 - 2011-02-22

@Maxwell: Can you please send me the cache m3u file for your channel? It's in XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.PseduoTV/cache/channel_1.m3u. I may end up needing a debug log as well, but this will be a good start.

- rduggu - 2011-02-22

@Jason102

Thanks for your reply, basically im a noob to this whole thing, regarding the debug log i dont no how to. However the issue i have is basically that it cant find the runtimes. Have set up the smart playlists etc so just need to sort out the runtime problem

EDIT: Just checked again and no luck, here is my set up

Channel_1 is a drama movie scipt and has one movie with known duration of 133 mins

When i go to addons it start processing then at 50% says no duration found

Huh What am i doing wrongHuh?

- zepfan - 2011-02-22

rduggu Wrote:@Jason102

Thanks for your reply, basically im a noob to this whole thing, regarding the debug log i dont no how to. However the issue i have is basically that it cant find the runtimes. Have set up the smart playlists etc so just need to sort out the runtime problem

Do you use a scraper or does xbmc scrape?

- rduggu - 2011-02-22

@zepfan : I user ember and the runtime/duration is there!!!

rduggu Wrote:@Jason102

EDIT: Just checked again and no luck, here is my set up

Channel_1 is a drama movie scipt and has one movie with known duration of 133 mins

When i go to addons it start processing then at 50% says no duration found

Huh What am i doing wrongHuh?

The latest stable-pre branch version fixes this problem with missing durations. If you are comfortable copying files, then download the latest stable-pre branch, extract the files and move the files over to XBMC addon folder or wait for Jason to move it to master once he is ready to.

- zepfan - 2011-02-22

jtucker1972 Wrote:The latest stable-pre branch version fixes this problem with missing durations. If you are comfortable copying files, then download the latest stable-pre branch, extract the files and move the files over to XBMC addon folder or wait for Jason to move it to master once he is ready to.

The newest one grabs durations for all files, even if not known by xbmc, ie scraped, no runtime?

- Jason102 - 2011-02-22

Yes, if XBMC doesn't know the video runtime then PseudoTV will attempt to determine it.

@rduggu: This is a limitation of the current release version. The next version will get around this problem using several methods. I intend on releasing the next version soon, but I need to look into one issue first.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-23

Update for my channel icons. Added 4 new ones which brings the total now to 22.

Download the whole set from here.

- GJones - 2011-02-23

I am seeing some odd behavior. I corrected all of my durations using info from HandBrakeCLI and some mysql-fu.

The problem I had hoped that would correct would be the following: when I start PseudoTV, it fills the channels with appropriate content, it is showing content that is in the EPG at around 6 pm tonight instead of the current time 12:23 pm.

I am running XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu installation. I asked earlier if this might have to do with timezone issues, since most others seem to be using Windows (No, I won't be moving to Windows).

- zepfan - 2011-02-23

GJones Wrote:I am seeing some odd behavior. I corrected all of my durations using info from HandBrakeCLI and some mysql-fu.

The problem I had hoped that would correct would be the following: when I start PseudoTV, it fills the channels with appropriate content, it is showing content that is in the EPG at around 6 pm tonight instead of the current time 12:23 pm.

I am running XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu installation. I asked earlier if this might have to do with timezone issues, since most others seem to be using Windows (No, I won't be moving to Windows).

Is your clock correct? In ubuntu and in xbmc?

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-23

Have you tried doing a force clear of all channels? Whenever you change anything, whether it is an update of PseudoTV or a change in the playlists, you always want to do a Force clear of the channels to zero everything out and get PseudoTV back to default. Other than that, I can't really help you.

PseudoTV doesn't do anything in regards to time zimes or time shifting...perhaps there's a setting (the time advance setting) that's not getting zeroed out. Maybe try deleting the userdata\addon_data\script.PseudoTV folder and see what that does for you.