Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

Do you have runtimes for shows?

Quick update for reFocus skin - Sranshaft - 2011-03-04

bobopalo Wrote:Sorry for my "stupid" question:
How I can add new live TV channel to Pseudo TV (I think channels from tv card)? Is it possible?

thanks

No, you cannot use live TV with this addon. This is for recreating the cable experience by using the videos already found in your library (ie: files on your hard drive).

What you're looking for is the PVR branch of XBMC. It's not officially available but you can find semi-stable builds if you do a search.

zepfan Wrote:Do you have runtimes for shows?

If everything is working the way Jason planned, the runtime issue shouldn't be a problem anymore. PseudoTV no longer relies on the database to check the runtime if it isn't available.

============

@jason: I updated the reFocus skin a little. The new version can be found here. Hope I got to you before you pushed the new update. If not, it's ready for the one after. Nod

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

ragaimeena Wrote:Json
would u please write a stepby step guide on how to setup the add-on
i have installed it and activated settings as suggested but all what i get is an error message no channel data available please help

Ok, now knowing what Sranshaft said, let's start small. Do you have items in the library or do you just browse files?

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

I've updated the PseudoTV skin for Cirrus Extended.

Info

EPG

Download is in my signature.

Place it in /addons/script.pseudotv/resources/skins.

I've also added a changing channel background for when the script is loading/changing channels.

- hansdampf - 2011-03-04

i can not exit the plugin.

esc don't work
tab don't work
back don't work

how to exit this plugin?

- "wkf" - 2011-03-04

hansdampf Wrote:i can not exit the plugin.

esc don't work
tab don't work
back don't work

how to exit this plugin?

Press the stop key on remote (X on keyboard)

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

hansdampf Wrote:i can not exit the plugin.

esc don't work
tab don't work
back don't work

how to exit this plugin?

Ummm press 'X' or Stop if using a remote

Cheers!

- hansdampf - 2011-03-05

thanks.
i use a xbox360 controller with xbmc on windows.

is it possible to configure this plugin so that it work like normal video playback. so i can bring video to background and navigate xbmc menus while watching pseudo TV.

- zepfan - 2011-03-05

hansdampf Wrote:thanks.
i use a xbox360 controller with xbmc on windows.

is it possible to configure this plugin so that it work like normal video playback. so i can bring video to background and navigate xbmc menus while watching pseudo TV.

I'm not 100% sure but i think all scripts quit when you try to do something else.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-05

@zepfan

Nice idea with the channel changing background, added to mine and looks good

Cheers

WKF

- zepfan - 2011-03-05

I'm working on a new skin. I don't know which skin it'll be for, so if anyone likes it say so and which skin you have you'll get it. First one wins

I just started so don't expect much, but it's a rough idea of what it should look like.

It's based on phlek's TV Guide for his never finished skin.

- fonzie - 2011-03-06

I created a background image for those of you that would like to use it. I modified the DirecTV logo and used the tv station logos provided in this thread. I have the original PSD file and I can provide it if anyone would like it. Just let me know where I can upload it to.

I added this one because the first one looked a little bad with the Night skin (my default).

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-06

@jason: Ran into a downside to having the addon in the repo. Upon updating to the new version all of my custom channel logos were deleted. Luckily I had them backed up to a different place (got to love Dropbox!) but I could imagine someone else running into this problem and losing some work.

As a workaround, perhaps we could have a setting to change the folder PseudoTV uses to pull the logos from?

- Jason102 - 2011-03-06

Damn, that is a downside. I guess a seperate configurable directory will work, and I'll just default it to a folder in the userdata directory (add-ons/script.pseudotv/logos). That directory should survive the upgrade process. And I'll still use the current location as a backup so that logos can still be packaged in. Ok, I'll get to work on all of this.

- zepfan - 2011-03-06

Something with the skins that aren't in the repo.