Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-03-18

fr500 Wrote:Hi

I just installed this nbut it's sitting on filling channel 11 for an hourn now

Turn on debugging.
Run script
When it gets stuck. exit script.
Exit xbmc.log so it stops logging.
Open xbmc.log
Scroll down to the bottom.
Do a search for error starting from the bottom and going "up". If you find an error related to pseudoTV (it will have pseudoTV in the log entry), then cut and paste the error here so we can see what is happening.

- zepfan - 2011-03-18

grumpygamer Wrote:Thanks, that was useful.
Still how do we make our own custom logos? Is this supported yet?
I will have a look at the wiki about smart playlists, hopefully I'll be able to selectively pick every episode of every series and fit it in a program schedule.
Also I need to find out if there time gaps between two scheduled programs and if this parameter is configurable.

You can make your own logos. Sranshaft posted back on the 50-60 page his template for photoshop/gimp. Just name them Channel_name.ext. IE New TV.png

There aren't any gaps, it just looks that way on some skins because of how it shows up.

- fr500 - 2011-03-18

jtucker1972 Wrote:Turn on debugging.
Run script
When it gets stuck. exit script.
Exit xbmc.log so it stops logging.
Open xbmc.log
Scroll down to the bottom.
Do a search for error starting from the bottom and going "up". If you find an error related to pseudoTV (it will have pseudoTV in the log entry), then cut and paste the error here so we can see what is happening.

Ok, will do tomorrow, I should note I did nothing, just installed the addon and tried to load it, haven't done any playlists so far

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-18

zepfan Wrote:You can make your own logos. Sranshaft posted back on the 50-60 page his template for photoshop/gimp. Just name them Channel_name.ext. IE New TV.png

There aren't any gaps, it just looks that way on some skins because of how it shows up.

Thanks, I wasn't speaking about "graphical" gaps, but time gaps during playback, are they configurable? Let's say the time between the end of an episode and the beginning of a new one

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-18

grumpygamer Wrote:Thanks, I wasn't speaking about "graphical" gaps, but time gaps during playback, are they configurable? Let's say the time between the end of an episode and the beginning of a new one

There aren't any gaps between playback. It's continuous.

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-18

Cool that's fantastic! If I needed to introduce let's say a 10 second gap between two episodes the only way to do so would be to create a 10 sec black video and insert it in the playlist?

BTW I was looking at your traktm, you sure look at a lot of stuff! Wink

- mwkurt - 2011-03-18

jtucker1972 or anyone else...

I was wondering how you are handling shows that are serialized in nature(i.e. 24, Lost, Fringe)? I know some talk was done on this 20 or 30 pages ago but have not heard anything since. Have you, jtucker1972, figured out any way to group a few serialized shows together and be able to have them play in their correct order? Do you envision any changes coming up in your code to allow for this? What are others doing with serialized shows in PseudoTV?

Thanks,
Mark

- GJones - 2011-03-18

mwkurt Wrote:jtucker1972 or anyone else...

I was wondering how you are handling shows that are serialized in nature(i.e. 24, Lost, Fringe)? I know some talk was done on this 20 or 30 pages ago but have not heard anything since. Have you, jtucker1972, figured out any way to group a few serialized shows together and be able to have them play in their correct order? Do you envision any changes coming up in your code to allow for this? What are others doing with serialized shows in PseudoTV?

Thanks,
Mark

If you put them in their own playlist/channel, you can sort by episode number or airdate.

- mwkurt - 2011-03-18

I know that I can put them in their own channel, kind of defeats the purpose, for me anyway, of being able to program various channels to my liking. Which is having a random show be selected and played in the correct serialized order. Still would like to be able to group shows together and be able to play them in their proper order. Better yet, group shows together and be able to have some play randomly and some play in order.

Still looking for information for above question.

Thanks,
Mark

- anarchintosh - 2011-03-18

mwkurt Wrote:Still looking for information for above question.
i don't mean to be rude, and i mean this in a totally non-confrontational way:

why don't you and others wanting more features look into learning the small amount of python knowledge you need to code for xbmc addons? its not hard, then you could help out and add the features you want.

its annoying for authors of addons to be told 'helpfully' that 'the addon should do this' when no-one actually cares enough to help with the code / actually become involved with the project.

i learnt python over the course of month (it wasn't intensive or hard), having known 0 coding skills before that.

- mwkurt - 2011-03-18

anarchintosh,

Thanks so much for your response, as unhelpful as it was.

The reason that I asked in the first place was that jtucker1972 was working on trying to figure out a way within the PseudoTV code or some code that he had written to do this exact thing:

Originally Posted by jtucker1972:

Things I am still thinking through:

Serial TV Shows - I've added a list of tvshows which are of a serial nature, e.g. 24, lost, fringe, etc. These shows tend to need to be watched in sequence. I'm thinking of creating a get-tvshow-serials playlist to get a list of these so I can exclude them from the get-episodes playlists if so desired. I would have a seperate set of get-episodes playlists for this option.

You can use the get-tvshows-showname-episodes to create a marathon showing of a show like they do on syfy channel from time to time.

I was more or less trying to see if he had come up with anything yet. As of right now, I do not have the time to learn python, thanks for the suggestion though.

Mark

- GJones - 2011-03-18

Reading through the thread will show that this is an ongoing discussion. Updates on emerging features are discussed extensively in the thread. The comments did come across as complaints and criticism.

Keep in mind that the core issues faced in this plugin pertain to the limitations in the core XBMC smart playlist functionality. A great many of these limitations have been overcome by the work in this add-on but some still exist.

- uncertainty - 2011-03-18

This might have been asked before but my quick search did not find anything on it. Would it be possible to incorporate live streams into this addon?

Someone just created a video plugin that allows one to add live stream links (Nasa, BBC News, Al Jazeera, etc) and it made me think how great that would be to incorporate it into pseudotv. Link for the live stream plugin is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=754042&posted=1#post754042

thanks

- Jason102 - 2011-03-18

To be clear, you cannot use any live or internet streams with this addon. PseudoTV relies on the smart playlist capabilities that are in XBMC. Unless those capabilities are extended to allow for internet streams, this addon probably will not support them due to the sheer difficulty of recreating nearly every video addon in the repository to suite my needs.

- uncertainty - 2011-03-18

Jason102 Wrote:To be clear, you cannot use any live or internet streams with this addon.

I really was wondering if you wanted to incorporate that video plugin but I see you have enough on your plate atm and understand.