Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-01-23

@mcborzu: That is the way you setup the playlist, but PseudoTV doesn't currently support mixed playlists. Actually it doesn't support any smart playlists that have another playlist as an item. This is an odd limitation, or perhaps bug, in XBMC that I'm currently trying to work around.

- wondering - 2011-01-23

Maybe a stupid question but would this plugin work with internet streams/online content aswell? would be a really nice feature..

- Jason102 - 2011-01-23

You know, I've thought about this. The big issue is with buffering...when the files are locally available then changing the "channel" is pretty quick. If we're talking about streaming (my original idea was from Netflix) it would take quite a bit longer. Still a potential for the future, but that's a more far off idea.

- jolid - 2011-01-23

Jason102 Wrote:You know, I've thought about this. The big issue is with buffering...when the files are locally available then changing the "channel" is pretty quick. If we're talking about streaming (my original idea was from Netflix) it would take quite a bit longer. Still a potential for the future, but that's a more far off idea.

That would be really cool, and make this plugin useful for us with a video library under 1tb.

- mcborzu - 2011-01-23

@Sranshaft and Jason102

Thx for the response, I'll keep my eye out for any future solution to mixed playlists. Great script by the way!!

- rtwight - 2011-01-23

So i tried installing xbmc on another windows pc and just adding 1 TV show with no info files and having xbmc do the scraping and then i created a playlist for that one show and get the same issue with just the first show only working with the error of "can't get duration"

if the script is suppose to get the duration from the file itself and not the database, any ideas why i might still be having the issue?

I thought it might be that i didn't do a clean install of dharma when i upgraded (just overwrote the older build), but the clean install on a different PC had the same issue.

and when i exported the database to nfo files it did not contain a runtime or duration in the file.

Do I need to add the duration or runtime flag to the nfo files for this to work? and if so is there a preferred format (ie does the script look at the duration or runtime flag)?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-23

Your nfos won't include a duration or runtime tag anymore. They've removed them post-Camelot. It should have something like this in the nfo.

Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>xvid</codec>
                <aspect>1.904762</aspect>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>336</height>
                [b]<durationinseconds>4514</durationinseconds>[/b]
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language></language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

The bold part is your duration. You don't need to manually add anything in to work. If it has that and it's still not working than that's a problem. Are these files on a network or local?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-23

Just a quick update to show where I am with the info window:

- moontan77 - 2011-01-23

looks great, looks similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azO1tO919I8

- rtwight - 2011-01-23

For the test the files were local, but same result if they are on the network.
Not sure if it matters but i tried this on both my main machine running windows7 and the temp which was xp and same result.

Got me stumped as to what is causing the issue as it sounds like i'm the only one Sad

- Jason102 - 2011-01-24

Very impressive, Sranshaft. I love that I started a script and you and TheOddLinguist are making it better than I could have. I didn't really have a chance to mess with it in the last couple of days, but in general I'm trying to get all scripts to work correctly. I really want mixed playlists to work!

@rtwight: the script gets the duration from the database, which is why you need to make sure it "knows" the duration by going to TV shows, the show you're using, and All Seasons. Wait for the duration to stop increasing. Also, go to the add-on settings and force all channels to reset. If those things don't help, please get me a debug log.

- rtwight - 2011-01-24

tried that and it doesn't seem to update the time unless i start / stop a show.

is there a way to make xbmc get the duration? or do i need to rescrape my whole library?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-24

New update. I've got the info window working 100%. Pressing i brings up the window. Pressing left and right cycles through the channel's episodes. I've included a few channel logos to use if you'd like.

Download here.

@Jason: Things I've added to take note of -

- Added new dialog window called InfoWindow.
- Added code in the showChannelLabel function to display updated overlay.
- Changed the positioning of the timebar (will need to come up with a way of doing this without hardcoding the position).
- Added the ability to use a channel logo. Logos should be placed in the images folder of the addon and must be named exactly as the channel name.
- Added new timebar image.
- I've switched changing the channels to Page Up and Page Down as that corresponds better to the buttons on the remote.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-24

Excellent job Sranshaft, can't wait to check it out. I'll test it out and add it to the mainstream build when I get a chance.

I just released another version (0.1.4) that supports Tv-show playlists and movie sets (thanks to TheOddLinguist). It will also show information about music videos in the EPG (need force channel reset if you currently have a music video channel).

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-24

Very cool stuff. I was looking forward to TV Show playlists. Now I can set up network channels (Fox, NBC, etc) as well. Excellent news!

It shouldn't be too hard to merge the two. The key differences should be fairly obvious - I hope. Smile