Kodi Community Forum
Gamespot plus script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Gamespot plus script (/showthread.php?tid=9077)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Liquid - 2005-01-13

hello to all.

i made a new script that browses gamespot.com site for game videos. i called it gamespotplus (this script is different from the gamespot.py script by jsd).
at this moment gamespotplus lets you browse gamespot live, gamespot onthespot and gamespot video reviews.
in the future i hope to implement new features. let me know what you would like to see implemented.

in this version i used graphics made by digitalfodder that he posted in the gamespot.py thread but i would like to implement a new design. if anyone wants to help me with this task please do so.
as this is version 1.0 beta i ask all of you to try it and report any bugs to me.

you can get the script here: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fileserver/gamespotplus.rar

thanks.
liquid

- luciverse - 2005-01-13

executing the script takes to a screen where i have to select connection speed. after i select a speed, does not which one, the script ends.

:tear:

edit: nvm, sorted. early morning stupid set in. :/

edit 2: wow this script is great! :kickass:
it is nice being able to watch gs feeds at a higher bandwidth. also good to have a more complete video archive availble.

a suggestion would be to include a way to sort by date. having to scroll scroll though 63 pages of video review can be a pain. :bomb:

- RocafellaSqualie - 2005-01-13

for some reason, i can't get it to start. i looked at the script & can find anything to configure to make it work. Sad

after choosing a connection speed 300l (cable) it just goes back to the main screen

i'm using the meedio skin if that helps plus every other script is working including the webradio, so i know my python is good.

any help is appreciated,
rocafellasqualie

- Jincman - 2005-01-13

very cool!!

i had added modified the original gamespot script to include gamespot live, but yours is soooo much better. good work.

- luciverse - 2005-01-13

(rocafellasqualie @ jan. 13 2005,16:23 Wrote:for some reason, i can't get it to start. i looked at the script & can find anything to configure to make it work. Sad

after choosing a connection speed 300l (cable) it just goes back to the main screen

i'm using the meedio skin if that helps plus every other script is working including the webradio, so i know my python is good.

any help is appreciated,
rocafellasqualie
did you install it to q:\\scripts\gamespotplus ?

it needs to be in a dir, the dir it came with, to work. i had the same problem.

after further review, the sound is very tinny and a/v goes out of sync quite a bit.

- RocafellaSqualie - 2005-01-13

just tried it without the spaces (gamespot plus) and it works perfectly  :o

guess i can't be a neat freak all the time

thanks for the help. very nice script :thumbsup:

- Liquid - 2005-01-13

(luciverse @ jan. 13 2005,17:24 Wrote:[quote=after further review, the sound is very tinny and a/v goes out of sync quite a bit.

that is a problem of the player.

- WarriorSan - 2005-01-13

@Liquid

:bowdown: nice script

- Guest - 2005-01-14

:kickass: awesome script!

- beef - 2005-02-04

i like this script a lot, date-sorting is the only thing it lacks really.

cheers liquid, keep up the good work!

- Guest - 2005-02-05

when i choose reviews, it just hangs forever.

- Liquid - 2005-02-06

(beef @ feb. 03 2005,23:53 Wrote:i like this script a lot, date-sorting is the only thing it lacks really.

cheers liquid, keep up the good work!
if there's more interest for this feature maybe it will appear in a new version.

(bugmenot @ feb. 05 2005,20:49 Wrote:when i choose reviews, it just hangs forever.
you never get to see the games list?

- Guest - 2005-02-06

never. the rest of the script works fine but ive left the reviews to load for up to 20 mins and nothing.

ive tried all the speeds and get the same results.

- WarriorSan - 2005-02-06

the script just still work fine for me..

- Liquid - 2005-02-06

(bugmenot @ feb. 06 2005,07:40 Wrote:never. the rest of the script works fine but ive left the reviews to load for up to 20 mins and nothing.

ive tried all the speeds and get the same results.

strange Huh
so that function has never worked for you?