Kodi Community Forum
HP IR Receiver Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: HP IR Receiver Options (/showthread.php?tid=91058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- partimers - 2011-11-30

eskro Wrote:why dont u just get a FLIRC dongle partimers?

Hey Eskro,

never mind answering my previous questions. Got it all from your inputs in Flirc's forum. Just ordered mine Big Grin

Cheers.

- eskro - 2011-11-30

hahah, good job partimers!

- digitalb0y - 2012-02-12

maddog808 Wrote:I bought this one from a seller in China. Took about three weeks to arrive, but it was cheap, and works flawlessly with my URC RF20. And because the remote has a RF base, I don't have to look at the ugly IR receiver. Wink

Hey! Good to hear the RF20 is working for you. Can you tell us what receiver you're using? The ebay auction is obviously long gone and I am not having any luck getting mine to work with a MCE receiver. I'm a bit of an LIRC n00b though. Any pointers would be a huge help.

Thanks!

- digitalb0y - 2012-02-12

eskro Wrote:why dont u just get a FLIRC dongle partimers?

Hadn't seen that thing. I'd reckon that'll solve my issue as well. So I guess nevermind, maddog808! The FLIRC is s a touch more than I'd planned to spend, especially since I already bought one IR receiver, but I should have done my homework before buying. I only spent $7 on the cheap MCE remote and receiver, and this will be worth it if it makes XBMC work with my RF-20.

Cheers!

- cable_guy - 2012-02-13

partimers Wrote:eskro,

I am trawling the FLIRC forums for learning more about it.

Here some question that you can help me with:

1. Do you use it with Harmony? If yes, which device did you choose to program Harmony?

2. Do you face any lag/delay/repeat issues? Is it snappy?

3. Does FLIRC awake the HTPC via the USB port (this is key for me). I run XBMCBuntu-like setup, with the proper configs for wake on USB. However, I have found some remote/mouse/keyboard receivers that no matter what, will never wake the HTPC. Do you have it awaking your PC?

Thanks for your info!

Regards

would you mind repeating your findings here for us please? (particularly me!) Big Grin

- digitalb0y - 2012-02-14

cable_guy Wrote:would you mind repeating your findings here for us please? (particularly me!) Big Grin

I just ordered one, so even if partimers doesn't see this, I will post about it as soon as it arrives. I don't have a Harmony, but I bet a lot of the same profiles are available on both remotes (plus it honestly shouldn't matter what remote you use). Feedback coming within a week or so.

dB

- lttlscamp - 2012-03-02

Has anyone here an an issue with the OVU422000/06 transceiver not being recognized after a reboot?

If I unplug/plug it in it is recognized. And a resume from S3 sleep is fine. Everything works. But as soon as I reboot Windows 7 64-bit doesn't recognize it and I have to unplug it again.

I have another HP transceiver (different but similar model) that doesn't do this.

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - snowjim - 2012-05-07

Hi,

I have found these versions of the HP IR USB

Quote:OVU400103/00 (HP Part #: 5188-1667)
This is the most highly recommended model, but the trick is finding someone that is actually selling it. If you can find this model I’d recommend getting it as it’s been known to work well on both the Windows and Linux side.

OVU400102/71 (HP Part #: 5187-4593)
This is the model I purchased and had no troubles getting it to work on Windows 7. This seems to be one of the more common models and should be relatively easy to find on eBay.

OVU422000/06 (HP Part #: 5070-2584)
I don’t know much about this one, but I suspect it would also work well on the Windows side.

source : http://cybernetnews.com/build-xbmc-htpc/

I have borrowed the OVU422000/06 (HP Part #: 5070-2584) wich is a smaller model that looks like this :

This version works fine(both openelec and Windows 7) without any extra work. There is some lag but I supose that this is somthing one would have to live with when dealing with a Logitech Harmony remote.

Now Im on the hunt for my own receiver and I know that OVU400103/00 is the best but it is not that easy to find. Is it true that the OVU422000/06 (the one I got right now) the the second best choise? I read somthing about that OVU400102/71 could miss key presses?

The OVU422000/06 is a more expensive ($23,73 compare to $14) is it worth the heiger price or is the OVU400102/71 as good?

BestRegards

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - morfeus - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-07, 15:50)snowjim Wrote: Now Im on the hunt for my own receiver and I know that OVU400103/00 is the best but it is not that easy to find. Is it true that the OVU422000/06 (the one I got right now) the the second best choise? I read somthing about that OVU400102/71 could miss key presses?

The OVU422000/06 is a more expensive ($23,73 compare to $14) is it worth the heiger price or is the OVU400102/71 as good?

I would like to know this too.
Just bought a Harmony 650, and trying to find the best available HP IR USB receiver.
Any recommendations? And trustworthy ebay sellers? Smile

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - ragedogg69 - 2012-05-08

I will let you know later this week when my OVU400102/71 gets here from california. From what I have heard, this one works well with Win7 but may need some help on Linux. I am running Win7

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - morfeus - 2012-05-08

ragedogg69 - Great, please post you experience with it Smile Are you gonna use it with a Logitech Harmony?

Anyone else got experiences with the OVU400102?
The OVU400103/00 seems impossible to find in stock.

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - eskro - 2012-05-09

morfeus, any hp receiver will work perfectly with your harmony.

also flirc is a good choice!

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - ragedogg69 - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-08, 23:13)morfeus Wrote: ragedogg69 - Great, please post you experience with it Smile Are you gonna use it with a Logitech Harmony?

Anyone else got experiences with the OVU400102?
The OVU400103/00 seems impossible to find in stock.

I have a Harmony One already set up as a MCE Keyboard or whatever for it, so we will see how plug and play it really is. It is set for delivery today.

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - ragedogg69 - 2012-05-10

okay, got the dongle. running win7 on an a6 pack with harmony one.

the good:
plug and play worked great
Mce keyboard works awesome with the harmony and xbmc

the bad:
#1 problem for me is my htpc is all behind me in my theater. the HP dongle does not receive signal bouncing off the wall. I have to point the remote behind me. this is awkward.
the power toggle sends the PC to s3 rather than s5. this may be a setting on my end.
there is a bit of delay for the button response. also may be a harmony setting.
wake from s5 isn't working but these asrock mobos are tricky

my verdict on the dongle is its okay for the 15.50 I payed.

RE: HP IR Receiver Options - maddog808 - 2012-05-10

(2012-05-10, 04:30)ragedogg69 Wrote: okay, got the dongle. running win7 on an a6 pack with harmony one.

the good:
plug and play worked great
Mce keyboard works awesome with the harmony and xbmc

the bad:
#1 problem for me is my htpc is all behind me in my theater. the HP dongle does not receive signal bouncing off the wall. I have to point the remote behind me. this is awkward.
the power toggle sends the PC to s3 rather than s5. this may be a setting on my end.
there is a bit of delay for the button response. also may be a harmony setting.
wake from s5 isn't working but these asrock mobos are tricky

my verdict on the dongle is its okay for the 15.50 I payed.

Man, it's not all about Harmony; especially if you don't have line of sight, and need an RF remote and base station. Get one of these. They're better than Harmony, hands down, and you don't have to worry about pointing the remote at anything. I don't understand why Harmony is so popular on this forum. I'm in the AV industry, and most of us agree URC is the way to go.

Good luck!
Big Grin