Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows (/showthread.php?tid=91490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- willise - 2011-01-25

Numus Wrote:Should be able to uninstall nito... The SSH files are in the firmware

I've googled how to uninstall it, but no details anywhere.

Does anyone know the SSH commands to accomplish this?

Thanks for all the help!

- Numus - 2011-01-25

willise Wrote:I've googled how to uninstall it, but no details anywhere.

Does anyone know the SSH commands to accomplish this?

Thanks for all the help!

try
apt-get remove com.nito.nitoTV

- minker17 - 2011-01-25

Where it says "YOU STILL MUST HAVE THE CUSTOM RESTORE.IPSW before you can begin."

What does this mean exactly? We JB my ATV2 on a Mac, but now I'm trying to set this up for windows. Is this saying I have to get the ispw from the Mac? If I can't, can I run seasonpass again even though it is already JB'd to get it?

Basically, we JB it yesterday, but I have no access to the files, but I have a VM of OSX. Where do I go from there?

- Numus - 2011-01-25

minker17 Wrote:Where it says "YOU STILL MUST HAVE THE CUSTOM RESTORE.IPSW before you can begin."

What does this mean exactly? We JB my ATV2 on a Mac, but now I'm trying to set this up for windows. Is this saying I have to get the ispw from the Mac? If I can't, can I run seasonpass again even though it is already JB'd to get it?

Basically, we JB it yesterday, but I have no access to the files, but I have a VM of OSX. Where do I go from there?
Building hte ISPW (the first part of seas0npass) doesnt have anything to do with actually jailbreaking the device.. it creates a file on your computer that it then uses itunes to upload to the device.. If you grab that file off the mac (or run seas0npass again and grab it) then you can use that file, along with ireb and tethered to jailbreak in windows...
you dont even need to have an appletv plugged into the mac to generate the ipsw...

I never have owned a mac.. i built the ipsw thru a vmware on my windows server... getting it from the mac vmware to windows tho is a little tricky, since i didnt have VMWARE tools...
I just mounted a NTFS smb inside the VM and then uploaded the file into my windows SMB folder

- minker17 - 2011-01-25

So once I get the ispw seasonpass generates, I still have to do some stuff in mac, right? Or am I then free to move over to windows?

- dazex - 2011-01-25

minker17,
Once you get the ispw file Seas0nPass created, you can move over to the Windows side.

But since your ATV2 is already jailbroken, you only need the file for tether booting purposes. All you actually need are the two files contained within the ispw Seas0nPass generated so you can run the tetherboot utility on Windows to boot your ATV2.

- minker17 - 2011-01-25

And to ask one last question, can I extract those files in windows? Say with winrar?

- willise - 2011-01-25

From my own experience, you can just change the extension to .zip and open it. THen extract the two files you need.

I used Pwnage in VMware, and the files were created on the desktop. No extraction needed

- donrosco - 2011-01-25

Good instructions from a couple of pages back by dazex for a tethered boot from windows:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=702399&postcount=111

- gavjbrown - 2011-01-25

Can anyone help with this -

My new atv2 arrived today and the ios is 4.1.1

So I downloded the ios 4.1.1 and Sn0wbreeze.

Once I have made the custom ios and put the atv2 in dfu, ituned pops up with the restore button. I then click shift and restore and sellect my custom ios. Then after about 4mins I get an 3194 error message.

What do I need to do?.

Thanks Gav

- minker17 - 2011-01-25

I got everything set up. Upgraded itunes, got the ispw and the files from it. Got iReb and the tethered boot file.

One I run "tetheredboot -i iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k66", it goes through the process, waits 2 seconds for the device, then fails saying unable to upload iBSS and that it's unable to find the device.

It also says iTunedHelp.exe is not found if that matters.

- Numus - 2011-01-25

minker17 Wrote:I got everything set up. Upgraded itunes, got the ispw and the files from it. Got iReb and the tethered boot file.

One I run "tetheredboot -i iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k66", it goes through the process, waits 2 seconds for the device, then fails saying unable to upload iBSS and that it's unable to find the device.

It also says iTunedHelp.exe is not found if that matters.

Go into the itunes install folder and run ituneshelp.exe ...

- donrosco - 2011-01-25

Make sure itunes is fully up to date as well, and check your task manager for itunes and ituneshelper processes before you kick off the command.

Minker, you don't need ireb for the tethered boot. Are you following the steps in the first post?

- minker17 - 2011-01-25

HA! I got it working. I tried a different USB port and it worked like a charm!

Thank you for your patience and wisdom guys!

- willise - 2011-01-25

Do you have the power cord plugged in?

I struggled for an hour til I figured out that unplugging the power will let you see it in ITunes.

At least for me it did.