Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- nukedeath - 2011-01-30

Anyone gotten SSA subs fixed?

- ashy7 - 2011-01-30

meshuga Wrote:Go into Cydia on iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4g and install 'Apt Strict'.

then apt-get should work.

Then you can do 'apt-get install wget'.

apt-get update / apt-get upgrade will not work for my builds because I didn't make a repo out of them since they are unofficial builds.
You will have to download the package and install it manually.

Updated the 1st post.

Ok cheers for that.

- keith - 2011-01-30

landwomble Wrote:I went into music, added an smb share and scanned it. Scanning reads the share in the progress bar but once scanned library is greyed out in confluence. I used another skin and could then tick library on but it was empty.
Can I copy a library db off another separate xbmc install on my Xbox?

You probably can copy the sqlite db that the original xbox will use, but depending on how old it is the schema might of changed, and I don't know howto do that anyways.

I will add library mode in music not showing up, thx for the feedback.

- keith - 2011-01-30

nukedeath Wrote:Anyone gotten SSA subs fixed?

Added to the list, I haven't seen a commit specifically mentioning that so i would guess no.

- Reverb - 2011-01-30

meshuga Wrote:Go into Cydia on iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4g and install 'Apt Strict'.

then apt-get should work.

Then you can do 'apt-get install wget'.

apt-get update / apt-get upgrade will not work for my builds because I didn't make a repo out of them since they are unofficial builds.
You will have to download the package and install it manually.

Updated the 1st post.

weird, APT 0.7 Strict(lib) is installed, that the correct one. Ask that, cause it still won't work:
iPad-van-Frank:~ root# apt-get install wget
-sh: apt-get: command not found

- phantom101 - 2011-01-30

Hi guys,
i've installed this last build on my appleTV.

But, like the older versione, i've a problem when listen an audio film (ONLY Mkv files) with my earphones!

The audio (above all dialog) is on the right, and only a bit on the left...why??

On my mac with xbmc, everithing works is ok...

Let me know and sorry for my english!
Valerio

- keith - 2011-01-30

Reverb Wrote:weird, APT 0.7 Strict(lib) is installed, that the correct one. Ask that, cause it still won't work:
iPad-van-Frank:~ root# apt-get install wget
-sh: apt-get: command not found

try /usr/bin/apt-get install wget

if that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. You can SCP or SFTP it over to /private/var/tmp and then dpkg it.

- member - 2011-01-30

I'm very glad you did this work. The Keybord Support is amazing. The Original build only does 1% of yours Smile

- keith - 2011-01-31

member Wrote:I'm very glad you did this work. The Keybord Support is amazing. The Original build only does 1% of yours Smile

All I did was setup the build environment as per the README.ios file and clone the git tree and build the software, the real guys doing all the work are davilla, amet and others. They're writing the code on a daily basis to make XBMC same on every platform.

- jd2157 - 2011-01-31

meshuga Wrote:All I did was setup the build environment as per the README.ios file and clone the git tree and build the software, the real guys doing all the work are davilla, amet and others. They're writing the code on a daily basis to make XBMC same on every platform.

... and until they did my ATV2 was basically an Airport Express with a Netflix client. Since the XBMC release, the old Xbox hasn't been turned on once... the XBMC install was a lot easier than modding the Xbox fan would've been.

Anyone have any general timeframe for the XBMC for iOS code being merged into the main trunk? Just wondering if it's worth getting into the unofficial builds.

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-31

jd2157 Wrote:... and until they did my ATV2 was basically an Airport Express with a Netflix client. Since the XBMC release, the old Xbox hasn't been turned on once... the XBMC install was a lot easier than modding the Xbox fan would've been.

Anyone have any general timeframe for the XBMC for iOS code being merged into the main trunk? Just wondering if it's worth getting into the unofficial builds.

Absolutely go for the unofficial builds. It's no more complicated than the original install and totally worth the 5 minutes of your life that it takes.

- davilla - 2011-01-31

jd2157 Wrote:Anyone have any general timeframe for the XBMC for iOS code being merged into the main trunk? Just wondering if it's worth getting into the unofficial builds.

The plan is a) another official release gets pushed out, then b) we sync very close to Dharma and push out another for 'stable' and then c) the big sync into trunk.

a) will be soon, b) depends on what we find after the sync and c) is sometime after that.

- jd2157 - 2011-01-31

Hidd3nFury Wrote:Absolutely go for the unofficial builds. It's no more complicated than the original install and totally worth the 5 minutes of your life that it takes.

Wasn't worried about the time for the install as much as the troubleshooting time after the fact. Decided to take the plunge after seeing davilla's update re: the next official build.

The unofficial build looks good. Was hoping Apple's Remote iOS app would work but looks like I'll need to find an actual XBMC remote app. Just my luck that the ATV2 IR remote has overlapping controls /w my speakers. Clicking down on the ATV2 remote turns down my speaker volume, and clicking left turns the vol up... bummer.

XBMC still crashes on first launch after coming out of sleep mode (did this with the official build also)... second launch of XBMC is always successful. Looks like I'm not the only one:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=699995&postcount=8

xbmc.old.log:
http://pastebin.com/6bKZ9E2H

- thirdsun - 2011-01-31

Muskyinoz Wrote:First off I just want to say great work davilla and meshuga, this is getting better and better every day. I just tried the new build, scraping seems a lot faster and the on screen text is much nicer. I'm having one problem though which I've only seen mentioned once before.

The audio for files that are 5.1 doesn't seem to be getting downmixed for stereo setup. I've tried every audio combination, different HDMI ports (and cables as one person mentioned it fixed it for them) with no luck. All voice sounds like it coming from inside a submarine and is totally inaudible.

Any ideas?
As I'm using a stereo setup I had the same problem - music came from one speaker, speech from the other - I also tried every possible output combination. One worked for me: Note that I output audio via hdmi from the Apple TV to my Yamaha RX-V667 Receiver - Nevertheless I had to select Optical/Koaxial output in the settings in combination with 2.0 speaker setup to get correctly downmixed stereo. Selecting HDMI or analog output always gave me broken downmixes.

- keith - 2011-01-31

thirdsun Wrote:As I'm using a stereo setup I had the same problem - music came from one speaker, speech from the other - I also tried every possible output combination. One worked for me: Note that I output audio via hdmi from the Apple TV to my Yamaha RX-V667 Receiver - Nevertheless I had to select Optical/Koaxial output in the settings in combination with 2.0 speaker setup to get correctly downmixed stereo. Selecting HDMI or analog output always gave me broken downmixes.

Bizarre both of you are having this problem. I'm going over HDMI to my JVC RXD412 Receiver then outputting to TV and I don't have this issue...try using the optical port on the atv2?