Kodi Community Forum
FTP PWD (working directory) command ignored ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: FTP PWD (working directory) command ignored ? (/showthread.php?tid=92298)

FTP PWD (working directory) command ignored ? - zwiebelchen - 2011-01-27

Hi,

I guess I found a bug but I'm not sure:

if I add a network FTP source and connect to it, the FTP server (running on a linux-based sat receiver) says the current directory is NOT the root directory (it's set to "/var/" instead of "/").
If I want to change to the root directory (by opening the folder named ".."), I get back to the source selction screen.

Is it a known bug ?
How can I change the working directory to root ("/") ?

Thanks in advance,

zwiebelchen

- jhsrennie - 2011-01-27

When you created the network location for the FTP server, did you put / in the "Remote path" field? If not try it and see if it helps.

I tested with my FTP server, which by default sets the /jhsrennie directory as the current directory. If I don't specify the remote path I get exactly the behaviour you describe. When I connect I see the contents of the /jhsrennie folder and .. takes me back to the source selection screen. If I put / in as the remote path then when I open the source I see the root directory.

JR

- zwiebelchen - 2011-01-27

OK, it's a part of the solution.

If I set the "Remote Path" to "/", I get into the root path.

But changing into a directory failed. In Firefox / Filezilla etc. it is no problem...

The path where I stored my movies is "ftp://192.168.178.56//hdd/movie/Filme/". If I type "/" as "Remote Path" and try to access the hdd folder, I just get an empty folder displayed. But it's full of other folders and some files.

If it helps, the console output of FileZilla...
Code:
Status:    Verbindung hergestellt, warte auf Willkommensnachricht...
Antwort:    220 Welcome to the vsftp daemon.
Befehl:    USER root
Antwort:    331 Please specify the password.
Befehl:    PASS ********
Antwort:    230 Login successful.
Befehl:    SYST
Antwort:    215 UNIX Type: L8
Befehl:    FEAT
Antwort:    211-Features:
Antwort:     EPRT
Antwort:     EPSV
Antwort:     MDTM
Antwort:     PASV
Antwort:     REST STREAM
Antwort:     SIZE
Antwort:     TVFS
Antwort:     UTF8
Antwort:    211 End
Befehl:    OPTS UTF8 ON
Antwort:    200 Always in UTF8 mode.
Befehl:    PWD
Antwort:    257 "/var"
Befehl:    TYPE I
Antwort:    200 Switching to Binary mode.
Befehl:    PASV
Antwort:    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,178,56,218,165)
Befehl:    LIST
Antwort:    150 Here comes the directory listing.
Antwort:    226 Directory send OK.
Befehl:    MDTM log.nmb
Antwort:    213 20110124012345
Status:    Zeitzonenabweichungen: Server: 0 Sekunden. Lokal: 3600 Sekunden. Differenz: 3600 Sekunden.

What's wrong ?

- jhsrennie - 2011-01-28

Set the remote path to /hdd/movie or possible /hdd/movie/Filme as appropriate.

JR

- zwiebelchen - 2011-01-28

Doesn't work, I get an error. I guess it was "Network resource not reachable" or something like that (currently not at home to check it).

- jhsrennie - 2011-01-28

It sounds as if the ftp account you're using doesn't have access to the hdd folder. Alternatively, is the hdd folder a link? I have a vague memory that the ftp client in XBMC has problems following links, though this may only have been in the beta builds.

JR

- zwiebelchen - 2011-01-28

The ftp account is root, the same I'm using in Firefox / Filezilla where it works.

But I think it could be a link. On the other hand, should the real path not be shown if I enter the directory from an other ftp client ?

If I can't get it working I will try to install a smb server, but it's a little bit strange.