Kodi Community Forum
[REL] PleXBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [REL] PleXBMC (/showthread.php?tid=92310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Cirip - 2016-12-04

Hi All!

I use the plex on Zyxel NAS 540 and run KODI on Win10 PC in the same home network.

My problem is if Plex stream the movie and I try to use the auto subtitle download from net ( super subtitles or others) the autosub don't find any subtitles. I think this is because the plex "rename" the movie and try to find subttle for "file.mkv" or "file.avi" instead of the real name of the movie.
If I add content the usually way the autosubs works perfectly.

Anyone meet this problem too?

Thanks your help!

[REL] PleXBMC - Tgxcorporation - 2017-01-09

Hi Everybody!

I'm the developer of the Black Glass Nova, Chroma and Nebula skins for Kodi.

I've recently added complete support for my skins to pleXBMC along with a few other features such as a proper localization system not only for the settings screen, but for every text concerning pleXBMC.

Currently only the English and Italian languages have a complete localization.

If anyone is willing to contribute, here is the the link to the language file:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/plugin.video.plexbmc/tree/isengard-helper-merge/resources/language

The complete updated pleXBMC addon working 100% on Kodi Jarvis and Krypton is available here if you like to test it:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/plugin.video.plexbmc

Thanks

Tgx

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Cynwrig - 2017-08-10

(2017-01-09, 10:35)Tgxcorporation Wrote: Hi Everybody!

I'm the developer of the Black Glass Nova, Chroma and Nebula skins for Kodi.

I've recently added complete support for my skins to pleXBMC along with a few other features such as a proper localization system not only for the settings screen, but for every text concerning pleXBMC.

Currently only the English and Italian languages have a complete localization.

If anyone is willing to contribute, here is the the link to the language file:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/plugin.video.plexbmc/tree/isengard-helper-merge/resources/language

The complete updated pleXBMC addon working 100% on Kodi Jarvis and Krypton is available here if you like to test it:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/plugin.video.plexbmc

Thanks

Tgx

Do you know the path to the plexbmc movie and tv shows folder? I am trying to make a command / shortcut in Yatse but I can't find it.

By default remotes go to the kodi movie default folder but these are empty.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - kallikles - 2018-01-27

I just installed the PleXBMC plugin but I cannot connect to the PLEX server. the plugin fails with a pop-up window asking to consult the log.

Here is the log's relevant section:

15:43:29.623 T:139855518738176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'bool' objects
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/stefano/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 5306, in <module>
                                                displaySections()
                                              File "/home/stefano/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 1180, in displaySections
                                                ds_servers=discoverAllServers()
                                              File "/home/stefano/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 319, in discoverAllServers
                                                das_myplex = getMyPlexServers()
                                              File "/home/stefano/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 435, in getMyPlexServers
                                                all_servers = getMyPlexURL(url_path)
                                              File "/home/stefano/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 691, in getMyPlexURL
                                                conn.request("GET", url_path+"?X-Plex-Token="+getMyPlexToken(renew))                              
                                            TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'bool' objects                                                
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--                                                               
15:43:29.649 T:139856446789696   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?content_type=video                            
15:43:29.649 T:139856446789696   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?content_type=video) failed        

Could it be a python2 / python3 error? I'm on Archlinux, which defaults to python3

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - icetech - 2018-12-17

wondering if anyone has gotten this to work in kodi 18? I got it installed, shows servers/files but won't play anything (need to check logs i suppose) the official plex addon is horrible.. and plexconnect is just omg bad... i hope someone picks up this addon again.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - MKANET - 2018-12-17

(2018-12-17, 03:33)icetech Wrote: wondering if anyone has gotten this to work in kodi 18? I got it installed, shows servers/files but won't play anything (need to check logs i suppose) the official plex addon is horrible.. and plexconnect is just omg bad... i hope someone picks up this addon again.
I know this might not be the answer you're looking for (please don't get frustrated... just friendly suggestions) the Plexconnect plugin works pretty good; and, very reliable in recent years.  Plus, it won't feel like you're switching to a completely different application and user interface from the rest of Kodi.  Or... if you really like the Plex user interface, you could always try the actual Plex standalone app.  I don't think you could go wrong either way.  Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - jakepe88 - 2018-12-29

i also hope that someone with the skills could pick up the addon and make in compatible with kodi 18 ....

hello 

i found this solution to work for me  Smile

go to settings - playback - and enable "always Transcode"  Voila ....

(2018-12-17, 03:33)icetech Wrote: wondering if anyone has gotten this to work in kodi 18? I got it installed, shows servers/files but won't play anything (need to check logs i suppose) the official plex addon is horrible.. and plexconnect is just omg bad... i hope someone picks up this addon again.
hello 

i found this solution to work for me  

go to settings - playback - and enable "always Transcode"  Voila ....

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - icetech - 2019-03-07

Thanks.. will do that when i switch to 18.. One thing i have issues with is when i run a build of kodi that has auto cleaners they kill the login to plexbmc, and after every reboot i have to re-sign in.. anyone ever find a fix for that? betting it's saving it's login data in a folder that isn't proper.. Still the best plex addon by far.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - morley82 - 2019-05-09

Hi has anyone got this release to work correctly in Kodi 18, i have reinstalled it but there is no fanart or covers showing and like people have said i can only play videos using the always transcode option, anyone any ideas? thanks in advance

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - morley82 - 2019-05-09

(2019-05-09, 15:09)morley82 Wrote: Hi has anyone got this release to work correctly in Kodi 18, i have reinstalled it but there is no fanart or covers showing and like people have said i can only play videos using the always transcode option, anyone any ideas? thanks in advance

TBH the transcode thing is not a big deal but no fanart being shown is annoying, does any one else have that issue?

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - icetech - 2019-09-06

(2019-05-09, 15:09)morley82 Wrote: Hi has anyone got this release to work correctly in Kodi 18, i have reinstalled it but there is no fanart or covers showing and like people have said i can only play videos using the always transcode option, anyone any ideas? thanks in advance

Yeah, plexbmc is the thing that's keeping me from switching to 18 myself Sad i believe last time i tried transcoding, that anytime i would pause something and try to restart it, it would stop playing and have to be restarted.. This is by far the best plex addon for kodi.. hope someone picks it up.