Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? (/showthread.php?tid=92540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- twinther - 2011-06-29

JohnKFisher Wrote:I'd like to also request some settings choice in type of questions, so I can disable 'date-based' questions. I tend to have MANY remakes, etc, and I add the year to the title of all my films, so questions like "What year was Jaws (1975) Released" or "What movie is newest: Hamlet (2009) or Ghostbusters (1986)*" are no good for me. LOVE the playing of clips though. Wish those came up more often. :-)

*(or whatever)

Yeah I have gotten this suggestion a couple of times, I will try to get it incorporate at some point.

Right now I'm working on a general overhaul as show a little while ago, but unfortunately it is going a little slow due to summertime etc., but I'm giving this a lot of though and have many things I would like to implement over time Smile

I should probably try to make a release soon, so you guys can see some of the improvements.

br.
Tommy

- twinther - 2011-06-29

sirmeili Wrote:Here you go, Tommy. Let me know what you find out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BYKI9SX

Hi sirmeili,
I had a try with your database and I'm able to reproduce the behaviour. It happens because none of your movies has been watched (at least as stored by xbmc).
By default the movie quiz will only ask you question about movies you have actually watched. You can disable this in the settings and you should be able to use the quiz then.

I will improve this behaviour (hopefully in the next version)

br.
Tommy

- bigbully - 2011-06-30

twinther Wrote:Hi, yes it is supposed to work. It's working on my collection at least.
Can you provide any more info, what scraper did you use? perhaps your MyVideos*.db ?

Br.
Tommy

I'm not able to install 0.3.2 with the latest official ATV release 10.09. It gives me a "dependencies not met" error. How do I download the Eden build from your github?

Nevermind, I think I got it. Will try tonight if I get a moment.

- philipacentaur - 2011-07-01

It seems that you're discontinuing support for Dharma? If so, you may want to consider the face that myconnpy and elementtree aren't included in Eden-pre. Unless of course they are included and I just missed something. Anyway, this seems like a great idea for a script, so I'd like to try it when the dependencies issue is sorted out.

- dan991199 - 2011-07-07

hello,

I think i'm late to the party, but i tried installing this via xbmc (programs, get more)yesterday and it just stayed at 0% downloading.

any thoughts?

- dan991199 - 2011-07-09

hmm it downloaded fine today, maybe it was a connection issue.

i also cannot access TV triva for some reason. any help getting it working would be great though, i love this addon.

- dan991199 - 2011-07-19

bump for any type of support

- twinther - 2011-07-19

philipacentaur Wrote:It seems that you're discontinuing support for Dharma? If so, you may want to consider the face that myconnpy and elementtree aren't included in Eden-pre. Unless of course they are included and I just missed something. Anyway, this seems like a great idea for a script, so I'd like to try it when the dependencies issue is sorted out.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
My plan is to support both Dharma and Eden - I'm trying to finish up on a test version so you can see the progress I have made. I have been testing it on Dharma for a little while and I think it is about ready. Hopefully this week.

Br.
Tommy

- twinther - 2011-07-19

Hi dan991199,

Sorry about the silence, I was on holiday for a little while Smile

Others have reported the problem with the TV section not being available, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
The addon is making some checks to make sure TV shows are actually available in the database, but I guess these checks are incorrect, though they work on my XBMC setup.

Br.
Tommy

- dan991199 - 2011-07-20

twinther Wrote:Hi dan991199,

Sorry about the silence, I was on holiday for a little while Smile

Others have reported the problem with the TV section not being available, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
The addon is making some checks to make sure TV shows are actually available in the database, but I guess these checks are incorrect, though they work on my XBMC setup.

Br.
Tommy

thanks for the reply. i've also been playing around with Openelec's Xbmc (specifically their pre-eden releases) and the addon seems to get tons of python errors when running in that, after a little help from one of the dev's i was able to start the movie quiz addon, but it wouldnt acutally play. if you're interested here is a forum post to the issue we were having with it.

http://openelec.tv/forum/38-python-addons/8147-problem-moviequiz-addon

Thanks again.

- twinther - 2011-07-24

Hi Guys,

I have prepared v.0.4.0 of the movie quiz. It runs on Dharma but should be considered work-in-progress. However it gives you the option to see the progress I have made.
Let me know what you think.
http://tommy.winther.nu/files/2011/07/script.moviequiz-0.4.0.zip

btw. this version works best with the default Confluence skin as I haven't finished all the textures yet for some buttons, etc..

Changelog:
- Redesign main game screen
- New question types
- What movie has the longest runtime?
- What actor is in movie besides other actor?
- Added game type selection screen with option for unlimited, time limited and question limited game types
- Added audio feedback for correct and wrong answers

Br.
Tommy

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-07-24

thanks, love it =) can't hear audio feedback though, but I don't mind Smile

- dan991199 - 2011-07-28

I played around with 0.4.0

i tried it on cirrus skin and it didnt even load the plugin (i know you said confluence but i wanted to test it Tongue)

on confluence it worked, though still no TV quiz
randomly (after 5-7) questions a loading bar would pop up and it would just stay like that.
i didnt hear any audio feedback either.

i like the idea of 3 game types now, and i like how they are incorporated into the beginning of the game, rather than in the settings menu.

keep up the good work.

ps. does anyone ever get the "what studio released this movie" questions right? Smile

- olafvs - 2011-07-28

Last night I had my first movie-quiz-fight with my girlfriend. She told me the correct answer was 'B' and I thought it was 'A' (ofcourse she was right Nerd ). I think you can imagine the scenario that unfolded...

So I suggest a multiplayer option. It could be very simple (one player could input al the answers). With a multiplayer feature the quiz would be even more fun, for everyone on the couch

- twinther - 2011-07-28

olafvs Wrote:Last night I had my first movie-quiz-fight with my girlfriend. She told me the correct answer was 'B' and I thought it was 'A' (ofcourse she was right Nerd ). I think you can imagine the scenario that unfolded...

So I suggest a multiplayer option. It could be very simple (one player could input al the answers). With a multiplayer feature the quiz would be even more fun, for everyone on the couch

hehe, been there as well. I know how you feel Laugh

It's a good suggestion and I'll try to implement it some time in the future.

br.
Tommy