Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - Printable Version

Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
---- Thread: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? (/showthread.php?tid=92540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - aptalca - 2012-03-13

Alright, I just got a debug log, and I guess it is the "name" issue

http://pastebin.com/NMxTFXn6

twinther, is there anyway you can retrieve the database name from a different source other than advancedsettings.xml?

Now that the database names are standardized (MyVideos+version number) and Eden does not allow for custom database names, maybe you can retrieve the xbmc version and guess the database name based on the version?

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - twinther - 2012-03-16

Thanks for testing this. I think the Movie Quiz should just hardcode the database name to MyVideos as XBMC does.
I don't have a mysql setup at the moment, do you have a chance to do a quick test?

Replace line 680 in quizlib/db.py
Code:
c.execute('SELECT schema_name FROM schemata WHERE schema_name LIKE "' + settings['name'] + '%"')
with:
Code:
c.execute('SELECT schema_name FROM schemata WHERE schema_name LIKE "MyVideos%"')

I think you should be able to run it then.

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - aptalca - 2012-03-17

(2012-03-16, 22:14)twinther Wrote: Thanks for testing this. I think the Movie Quiz should just hardcode the database name to MyVideos as XBMC does.
I don't have a mysql setup at the moment, do you have a chance to do a quick test?

Replace line 680 in quizlib/db.py
Code:
c.execute('SELECT schema_name FROM schemata WHERE schema_name LIKE "' + settings['name'] + '%"')
with:
Code:
c.execute('SELECT schema_name FROM schemata WHERE schema_name LIKE "MyVideos%"')

I think you should be able to run it then.

Thanks a lot twinther,

That seems to have worked. Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/CiFWP2Yk

The only potential problem I can think of is that when you upgrade xbmc, sometimes it creates a new database with a different name (because of the version), but does not delete the old one. For instance when I was on beta 2, my database was "MyVideos58". When I upgraded to RC2, it created a "MyVideos60" and I currently have both databases in my mysql server. Looking through the log, Movie Quiz seems to have used the later one, "MyVideos60" but I know zero python so I have no idea how that one was chosen from the string "MyVideos%". If pyhton always chooses the higher value, I guess there would be no issue, but if it chooses randomly, then it might end up picking an older, out-of-date database.

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - twinther - 2012-03-17

Sounds great.
The code actually finds all the MyVideos databases and then uses the one with the highest number, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'll include the change in the next version of the addon.
Br.
Tommy

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - bluenote - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-17, 23:32)twinther Wrote: Sounds great.
The code actually finds all the MyVideos databases and then uses the one with the highest number, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'll include the change in the next version of the addon.
Br.
Tommy

I just tested this change twice, and both times it resulted in the addon failing to run with an "addon.py" error.
Logging in to mysql, my db's are named:
"xbmc_music18" and "xbmc_video60"

I'm not very experienced with mysql, but, upgrading to eden the first time seemed to screw up, so I
dropped both databases, and let eden create new ones, and this is what I have now.

(I just paused to check my advanced settings) - I see that my advanced settings does specify the db name,
so I guess this due to my setup.

I'm not adverse to changing my db names if need be (assuming I can figure out how to do it without other side effects),
however maybe there's a more robust method of deciding what database to connect to?

Either way great plugin, thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - bluenote - 2012-03-30

Hey twinther

Just trying to get this working with Cinema Experience. There was a small bug that giftie fixed,
but after that there's behaviour that suggests a problem with MQ.

Here's a paste of the info, any info you can provide would be appreciated.
I'm in a mysql environment but I dunno if that affects this or not.

Quote:Here's a proper new log, that shows the behaviour when I made the change you suggested.
What happens is MovieQuiz is launched, but with 0 questions.
In manual mode (MQ acts as if we are finished, with 0 questions): http://pastebin.com/18it6T8x

In 'automatic' mode MQ launches with 10 questions, but the questions are all blank.: http://pastebin.com/b0YSq1Mz

thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - SynthLover - 2012-04-01

Hi there,
Your add-on is fantastic but there seems to be a bug about large TV series. I have about 20 TV series and one of them is Pokemon ( all 14 seasons) which has 700 episodes. Whenever a question about Pokemon is asked or Pokemon itself is in the options, then the video just keeps loading and never actually loads the clip.therefore i always have to reset the quiz and feel dreaded whenever a question on Pokemon comes. But once or twice it has loaded the clip properly. My files are in mkv and mp4 formats but i don't think that having two types of files is the cause because my Seinfeld questions load perfectly( rmvb and mkv).
Hope you can solve my problem.
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - twinther - 2012-04-01

Hi SynthLover,
Please send me your xbmc.log after you experience the problems.

Thanks bluenote, I'll take a look at your log. I expect to start working on the movie quiz again soon (just finishing up on a new version of the TV Guide addon atm)

RE: - AbRASiON - 2012-04-02

(2011-08-30, 20:41)twinther Wrote: Ah, do you have xbmc configured to a MySQL database instead of the default sqlite?
MySQL support is broken at the moment and I'm considering dropping it for a while until I can do it "the right way"..

br.
Tommy

Congratulations, you just saved me making a bug report, asking my own question here.
(I'm also a MySQL user, too tempting to share the library all around the house)

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - SynthLover - 2012-04-02

here's the log file- http://pastebin.com/SsFR0tGg

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - AbRASiON - 2012-04-06

Is there actual plans to add MySQL support? Sorry to hassle.

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - twinther - 2012-04-06

There is actually already MySQL support. It parses the connection values from the advancedsettings.xml file.
With version 0.5.0 you will have to specify the <name> tag as well, with the prefix of the database name, usually <name>MyVideos</name>

Br.
Tommy

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - AbRASiON - 2012-04-06

Oh sorry, is there a single post or documentation on what needs to be done exactly?

RE: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection? - twinther - 2012-04-06

It's supposed to work out-of-the-box if XBMC is already using MySQL. The addon parses the MySQL connection information from the advancedsettings.xml. There's a guide for setting that up on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mysql
What is not on the wiki is the mention of the <name> tag, which you must provide for this addon to work - I will fix this in the next version though.

If you get any errors I would like to see your xbmc.log file

Br.
Tommy

Hi all,
I have updated the Movie Quiz website at http://moviequiz.xbmc.info/ with a new design, more information and an improved highscore browser. I'm planning on adding a "Country battle" and possible other competitive things in the future.

Right now I'll concentrate on the next version of the addon Smile

I think I've managed to capture the error (because it didn't work)

XBMC log below, Advanced settings file just here

" <videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.16</host>
<port>3306</port>
<name>myvideos60</name>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase> "

New line I just added

Quote:22:56:13 T:152 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyPrograms.xml) ------
22:56:13 T:152 INFO: Loading skin file: MyPrograms.xml
22:56:13 T:152 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/executable/)
22:56:13 T:152 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/executable/]
22:56:13 T:8520 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
22:56:13 T:8520 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
22:56:13 T:8520 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 8520 terminating
22:56:15 T:152 DEBUG: CApplication:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
22:56:15 T:152 INFO: initializing python engine.
22:56:15 T:152 DEBUG: new python thread created. id=5
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: 0
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
22:56:15 T:8304 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\addon.py
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.myconnpy\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Entering source directory C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.moviequiz" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:56:15 T:8304 NOTICE: Loaded DB settings: {'host': '192.168.0.16', 'type': 'mysql', 'user': 'xbmc', 'pass': 'xbmc'}
22:56:15 T:8304 NOTICE: Connecting to MySQL database...
22:56:15 T:8304 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
22:56:15 T:8304 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
22:56:15 T:8304 ERROR: Error Contents: ('name',)
22:56:15 T:8304 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\addon.py", line 20, in <module>
w = MenuGui()
File "C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\gui.py", line 83, in __init__
self.database = db.Database.connect()
File "C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\db.py", line 79, in connect
return MySQLDatabase(allowedRatings, onlyWatched, settings)
File "C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\db.py", line 657, in __init__
dbName = self._find_newest_database(settings)
File "C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\db.py", line 680, in _find_newest_database
KeyError: ('name',)
22:56:15 T:8304 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
22:56:15 T:8304 INFO: Python script stopped
22:56:15 T:8304 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 8304 terminating
22:56:15 T:152 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 5 to stop
22:56:15 T:152 DEBUG: python thread 5 destructed
22:56:15 T:152 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
22:56:15 T:152 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz
22:56:17 T:152 DEBUG: CApplication:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
22:56:17 T:152 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating ActivateWindow(Home)
22:56:17 T:152 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(Home)
22:56:17 T:152 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10000
22:56:18 T:152 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyPrograms.xml) ------
22:56:18 T:152 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.