Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Simplicity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=138)
+----- Thread: [BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade (/showthread.php?tid=92794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- igotdvds - 2011-03-29

mobious Wrote:Question regarding the TV Guide, what would it show if you have well over 6 shows on the same date? the standard section shows 4 per date and then the banner section shows 6, do you have the ability to scroll down on the banner section or what?

It would show 4, no scrolling.

- mobious - 2011-03-29

igotdvds Wrote:It would show 4, no scrolling.

It shows 4 on the main page of the tv guide, and 6 when you click on the specific dates and go into banner mode (atleast thats how it is with the Neon skin). If I am not mistaken you created the Tv Guide right? Well any plans on adding scrolling for more than 6 shows or more options later on like the ability to select a show and see its info through just for the heck of it Tongue

- Randall Lind - 2011-03-29

Is there a reason you change check marks to dots for watched TV Episodes on the latest beta?

I love the backgrounds for the different tabs now. The TV one is cute. Good Job!!

- igotdvds - 2011-03-29

mobious Wrote:It shows 4 on the main page of the tv guide, and 6 when you click on the specific dates and go into banner mode (atleast thats how it is with the Neon skin). If I am not mistaken you created the Tv Guide right? Well any plans on adding scrolling for more than 6 shows or more options later on like the ability to select a show and see its info through just for the heck of it Tongue

I did create it, correct. Smile

The Guide itself is supposed to be sort of a "view only" kind of thing. I didnt plan on using it for scrolling and what not, which is why the banners/posters that you see are viewed after pushing "up". Those views show six shows to accomodate for more in your library.

i dont plan on adding a scroll ability because it would become a navigational nightmare when moving to the left and right and it remembering which item was focused on last.

- DazNoonan - 2011-03-29

Good to see this now has its own sub-forum... great work Smile

- mobious - 2011-03-29

igotdvds Wrote:I did create it, correct. Smile

The Guide itself is supposed to be sort of a "view only" kind of thing. I didnt plan on using it for scrolling and what not, which is why the banners/posters that you see are viewed after pushing "up". Those views show six shows to accomodate for more in your library.

i dont plan on adding a scroll ability because it would become a navigational nightmare when moving to the left and right and it remembering which item was focused on last.

Makes sense, well awesome work man I am sure many skins will want to implement your TV Guide. Neon already has and I have talked with the creator of Transparency, Ronie, not sure if he contacted you or not but he also wants to add it to his skin aswell.

- igotdvds - 2011-03-30

MariusTh86 Wrote:On the 'info' view?, the Trailer and the Fanart button seem to be switched?

Great find! Fixed!

Randall Lind Wrote:Is there a reason you change check marks to dots for watched TV Episodes on the latest beta?

I love the backgrounds for the different tabs now. The TV one is cute. Good Job!!

Everyone has checkmarks, lets be different. Smile

- Randall Lind - 2011-03-30

igotdvds Wrote:Great find! Fixed!

Everyone has checkmarks, lets be different. Smile

Good enough for me Smile

- Randall Lind - 2011-03-31

Downloading all theme for TV Shows should be fixed. I see in settings I can download all themes OK no problems. However when I go to a TV show let say The 4400 to download it theme it wants to download all themes for every show.

If I pick TV show Information download theme it should only be searching for that show not all can you fix this please. I had to switch to another skin to download themes one at a time then switch back.

UPDATE: Must be a issue with Eastbound and Down seems to be the only show that will make it scan all TV shows sorry this make no sense

- shorty12 - 2011-04-01

I think I might have found a bug. After changing the backgrounds I noticed that when I return from the tv shows menu back to the main menu the default image is shown while loading instead of my custom background. This doesn't happen with the movies menu though.

- daemox - 2011-04-05

I really appreciate the Use Fanart option for the Home Screen Backgrounds. Thank you!

- igotdvds - 2011-04-05

daemox Wrote:I really appreciate the Use Fanart option for the Home Screen Backgrounds. Thank you!

Notice the sig......Wink

- shorty12 - 2011-04-06

I think I have found a bug. There is a problem with tv shows that have a special or bonus episode. I have enabled the option to flatten tv shows if there is only one season and in the episode slide view the tv show banner is shown, obviously squashed, instead of the season poster. I have confirmed that every tv show has indeed season posters and even reassigned them via the "set season thumb" feature in xbmc. It would be great if this could be fixed since this is my favorite episode view.

Now Playing - PViewShake - 2011-04-08

Love the skin!

A few questions about the Now Playing screen:

The album title on the Now Playing screen lists the disc number. Is there a way to turn this off so it just lists the album title by itself.

Also is it possible to use the Now Playing screen as a visualization. When a change tracks it jumps out of the screen and I'd like to stay up when I change tracks.

- KussieAU - 2011-04-08

First off i absolutely love the theme Smile It's nice and quick on my ATV2 and it looks very sexy.

Though i seem to be having a few issues:
  • The logo downloader doesnt seem to work on ATV2. I've run and the download dialogue comes up but doesnt actually download any clearart, logos, or banners. I have posters, fanart and such already downloaded via Sickbeard, but would love to see the logos on the tv guide and banners that aren't just squashed posters. On the episode view i am using it means the posters are showing up fine, but the banner doesn't, there i just an empty grey box where the banner should be.
  • Theme song downloader doesn't work at all on ATV2 it seems.
  • When navigating the selection bar (Ie when highlight days in the tv guide or folders/files in file view) is black and incredibly hard to see on the black/greyish backgrounds
  • Are the ratings meant to appear in any of the views at all? Because i cant see them at all, i have the option enabled and they do show up in the info dialogue, so it is picking them up
  • Is it possible to add a time offset to the tv guide? Being an Australian the TV Guide releases are all out of whack as they are based on US time, i would love to see the time and date reflect when they are in local time.

For the record my ATV is still on 4.2.1 and is also running the latest nightly builds of XBMC

Apart from that i love the theme, and in spite of these minor issues still using it Smile