Kodi Community Forum
GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now! (/showthread.php?tid=94033)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- spudstuff - 2011-02-13

Has anyone managed to get this to work under Win 7 64 bit? I can get it into DFU mode, GreenPois0n's progress bar gets all the way to 100%, then a few seconds later (typically when I move the mouse), I get Jailbreak Failed Sad

Cheers.

- p1lot - 2011-02-13

Just jailbreaked my ATV2 on Win7 64-bit. Worked fine, make sure only the microUSB cable is plugged in during the jb process.

- kevron - 2011-02-13

Try a different USB port. I got failed twice, then switched ports and all was gravy. I had everything plugged in the whole time. HDMI, USB, and Power.

- abeljr - 2011-02-13

where is the xbmc install located now..its not in the /private/var/stash where it used to be?

- abeljr - 2011-02-13

whoops found it in the root dir...

- Dmaster1981 - 2011-02-13

Just finished up jailbreaking right over my seas0npass no problem. Upon completion I unplugged everything plugged it back in and my ATV started right back up from where i left it. Only difference is the obvious un-tethered boot Big Grin, Opened up XBMC played a movie no problems. Im connected Via lan cable to SMB shares, Audio out via optical.

*** I do confirm I do not have the greenpois0n Menu but i do have SSH personally I don't need anything else because I bought the ATV2 for one reason and thats XBMC

- dtviewer - 2011-02-13

Dmaster1981 Wrote:Just finished up jailbreaking right over my seas0npass no problem. Upon completion I unplugged everything plugged it back in and my ATV started right back up from where i left it. Only difference is the obvious un-tethered Big Grin Opened up XBMC played a movie no problems. Im connected Via lan cable to SMB shares, Audio out via optical.

Did you re-install xbmc or was it still there from before?

- Dmaster1981 - 2011-02-13

dtviewer Wrote:Did you re-install xbmc or was it still there from before?

It was still there, all of my settings were there netflix login, apple login, and my custom remote! I made a back-up first of course but was very pleased to not need it. Nod

- alane - 2011-02-13

My ATV2 was previously unbroken (tethered or untethered). I used GP RC6 to jailbreak it (at least GP completed everything normally).

If I understand instructions correctly, I should now be able to SSH in, but for whatever reason I cannot. Is there anyway to tell if my ATV2 is in fact jailbroke?

Assuming it is jailbroke, will running GP RC6 again damage anything?

- bircoe - 2011-02-13

alane Wrote:My ATV2 was previously unbroken (tethered or untethered). I used GP RC6 to jailbreak it (at least GP completed everything normally).

If I understand instructions correctly, I should now be able to SSH in, but for whatever reason I cannot. Is there anyway to tell if my ATV2 is in fact jailbroke?

Assuming it is jailbroke, will running GP RC6 again damage anything?

Running again won't break anything...

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-jailbreak-apple-tv-with-greenpois0n-rc6-on-421/

Read the instructions in this link, pay attention to the "do not unplug for at least 40 seconds part" it is very important.

- matbor - 2011-02-13

Brand new APTV2, update to latest OS, ran GreenPois0n, jailbreak successful, NO WIFI anymore, ethernet seems to work as i install XBMC via Nitro, but it can;t seem to get the SMB share to work correctly as i can browse the share but it doesn't seem to work after that.

- alane - 2011-02-13

Thanks. I'll run it again. Is there anyway to tell if it is jailbroke besides whether one can SSH in? All of my menus look normal, and there is nothing that I can see that would indicate it is JB.

- bircoe - 2011-02-13

matbor Wrote:Brand new APTV2, update to latest OS, ran GreenPois0n, jailbreak successful, NO WIFI anymore, ethernet seems to work as i install XBMC via Nitro, but it can;t seem to get the SMB share to work correctly as i can browse the share but it doesn't seem to work after that.

Reset to defaults and rerun jailbreak

- bircoe - 2011-02-13

alane Wrote:Thanks. I'll run it again. Is there anyway to tell if it is jailbroke besides whether one can SSH in? All of my menus look normal, and there is nothing that I can see that would indicate it is JB.

You should see this menu item:

Sounds like you just removed the USB cable too quickly, leave the cable in after the button changes to complete for about 1-2 mins

- matbor - 2011-02-13

bircoe Wrote:Reset to defaults and rerun jailbreak

Tried that, the network apears sometimes, but never all the time. So have to use the ethernet. Read somewhere that GreenPois0n RC6 breaks wifi on some APTV2's, but haven't confirmed it yet.