Kodi Community Forum
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer (/showthread.php?tid=94645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- sshaikh - 2011-05-10

Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but will this or a further iteration allow me to use reclock? Even as an audio output filter?

- tiben20 - 2011-05-12

Is there any preference for the way you want the filters loading to be made this time.
right now i made it quite simple
Code:
<rules>
  <video>
    <rule codec="mpeg4">
      <path></path>
      <guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
    </rule>
  </video>
</rules>
this would load the guid from the registry instead of using a specified path.
Of course this time i didn't base the rules on file extension which was a mistake i made for dsplayer in the first place.

- tiben20 - 2011-05-12

sshaikh Wrote:Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but will this or a further iteration allow me to use reclock? Even as an audio output filter?
This is a good question. The way it's working right now for the audio codec you have to chose from the gui the audio renderer you want to use with your audio codec. (This include of course reclock and all other registered audio renderer on your system)

- tiben20 - 2011-05-12

sansub Wrote:Thanks tiben20 for the great work.

I am also having the same issue. I did download the XBMCSetup-20110430-caa7295-dx_video.exe, latest ffdshow tryout and installed them in my machine. I made MPC-HC to work with ffdshow, but when I run the XBMC it still uses the internal codec. The internal codec couldn't handle mpeg2 movies and m2ts movies properly (toomuch video artifacts). The same videos plays very well in MPC. I would really appreciate any help in making the ffdshow to work with XBMC (any config file to tinker with?? Changing ffdshow "DirectShow Control" Merit higher didn't fix it).

ENV: Windows 7 64bit
ffdshow 64bit

Here is the error message I see in the log file.

NOTICE: Opening video stream: 0 source: 256
09:21:16 T:3152 M:1036443648 NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 28
09:21:16 T:3152 M:1036414976 NOTICE: Loading directshow filter for file 1.mkv
09:21:16 T:3152 M:1036754944 ERROR: FactoryCodec - Video: Failed with exception
09:21:16 T:3152 M:1036877824 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

Thanks,
Those will be fixed since lavfsplitter maintained by nevcairel and created by me based on the current code of dscodec i will just update my code to his change. This will fix many problem in the loading of the codecs.

- sshaikh - 2011-05-12

tiben20 Wrote:This is a good question. The way it's working right now for the audio codec you have to chose from the gui the audio renderer you want to use with your audio codec. (This include of course reclock and all other registered audio renderer on your system)

So just to be clear, I can use Reclock right now by picking it as the audio renderer in the GUI?

- steelman1991 - 2011-05-12

tiben20 Wrote:Is there any preference for the way you want the filters loading to be made this time.
Code:
<rules>
  <video>
    <rule codec="mpeg4">
      <path></path>
    </rule>
  </video>
</rules>
Of course this time i didn't base the rules on file extension which was a mistake i made for dsplayer in the first place.
No particluar preference mate - just that it works Laugh Seems reasonable to load against registered codecs, rather than file types.

- sansub - 2011-05-12

tiben20 Wrote:Those will be fixed since lavfsplitter maintained by nevcairel and created by me based on the current code of dscodec i will just update my code to his change. This will fix many problem in the loading of the codecs.

That would be great, Thank you so much Tiben.

BTW, I found where the problem is with the ffdshow settings (there is flag that doesn't let XBMC uses it), fixing it let the Dscodec use the external ffdshow codec but it turned out, most of the videos are unplayable after started using external ffdshow codec (black screen). So, I turned it off again.

Just a quick question, forgive me if it is dump, I am a newbie when it comes to codec thing. Do we really need to install any external codec (ffdshow) for your XBMC version to work? The reason is, XBMC plays most of the videos fine with it's internal codec. Does it comes with ffdshow already integrated in it? and if yes, is there any way to improve it to play m2ts and mpeg2 videos (currently it plays with lots of horizontal blocks around the objects when the camera moves faster).

- therealjoeblow - 2011-05-13

tiben20 Wrote:Is there any preference for the way you want the filters loading to be made this time.
Code:
<rules>
  <video>
    <rule codec="mpeg4">
      <path></path>
    </rule>
  </video>
</rules>

I would very much appreciate if codec rules included the ability to be set with a filename filter (ie, portion of the filename) as before, since I like to use ffdshow(software) for everything except for stuff that is 1080p, and I use ffdshow(dxva) for that. I use move.year.720p.x264.mkv or movie.year.1080p.x264.mkv filenaming convention to make this happen.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- therealjoeblow - 2011-05-13

sansub Wrote:Just a quick question, forgive me if it is dump, I am a newbie when it comes to codec thing. Do we really need to install any external codec (ffdshow) for your XBMC version to work? The reason is, XBMC plays most of the videos fine with it's internal codec. Does it comes with ffdshow already integrated in it? and if yes, is there any way to improve it to play m2ts and mpeg2 videos (currently it plays with lots of horizontal blocks around the objects when the camera moves faster).

...that is the *whole* point of Tiben's work, to allow you to use *external* directshow filters instead of the default decoder (ffmpeg) built into XBMC which has shit playback quality in many cases. So, YES, you have to install any of the external codecs that you want Tiben's version to use, because ffdshow or any other directshow codecs are NOT included as part of XBMC. Note that ffmpeg is NOT ffdshow!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- tiben20 - 2011-05-13

sshaikh Wrote:So just to be clear, I can use Reclock right now by picking it as the audio renderer in the GUI?
If your building the latest version from github yeah, the build in the first thread don't have this feature since it's an older build.

- tiben20 - 2011-05-13

therealjoeblow Wrote:I would very much appreciate if codec rules included the ability to be set with a filename filter (ie, portion of the filename) as before, since I like to use ffdshow(software) for everything except for stuff that is 1080p, and I use ffdshow(dxva) for that. I use move.year.720p.x264.mkv or movie.year.1080p.x264.mkv filenaming convention to make this happen.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
It could be done of course but it would be easier for you instead of using a filenaming convention. I already started integrating resolution to the rule.
Example if you want a rule for 1080p you put something like height_higher_than="1000"
this would be a rule for video with more than 1000 pixel in height

steelman1991 Wrote:No particluar preference mate - just that it works Laugh Seems reasonable to load against registered codecs, rather than file types.
Just to make people not confuse there. You don't need the codecs to be registered like with dsplayer a simple path will work. The problem with file extension was the fact that many container(ex:avi,mkv,mov...) can have more than one different video or audio codec. So i'm basically changing the file extension to a codec based setting.

Ps: To everyone following my development i am working 2 days a week on the project. And for this week i already did my 2 days. It doesn't mean i won't code a bit during the week but i am more active during my days off.

- neoleo - 2011-05-13

tiben20 Wrote:Ps: To everyone following my development i am working 2 days a week on the project. And for this week i already did my 2 days. It doesn't mean i won't code a bit during the week but i am more active during my days off.

Thanks for your work Tibens. I was just about to quit on XBMC (newbie things) to play my media library. After installed your version changed my mind. What a difference. Big Grin Now its time to start playing with codecs. Nerd

- tiben20 - 2011-05-13

neoleo Wrote:Thanks for your work Tibens. I was just about to quit on XBMC (newbie things) to play my media library. After installed your version changed my mind. What a difference. Big Grin Now its time to start playing with codecs. Nerd
thanks really appreciate that kind of comments.

- DanneXBMC - 2011-05-15

Hi, trying to build from the latest source but it fails.

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libs/dshownative/Release/dshownative.lib'
1>Done Building Project "D:\xbmc\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj" (build target(s)) -- FAILED.

1>..\..\lib\tinyXML/tinyxml.h(67): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iconv.h': No such file or directory
GolombBuffer.cpp
H264Nalu.cpp
1>Done Building Project "D:\xbmc\lib\dsnative\dshownative.vcxproj" (build target(s)) -- FAILED.

- Parker_Payne - 2011-05-16

Hi!

Sorry guys, but I'm pretty new to this DSCodec stuff, so maybe my questions seem dispensable for you..

After I finally achieved playback with ffdshow-directshow-codec (instead of the build-in ffmpeg) and the results look promising, I faced some issues. I am not sure whether the relate to my onboard ATI-graphics card or to the DCCoded-XBMC:

1. When I set YCBCR 4:4:4 in the CCC Control the resulting video pic in DCCoded-XBMC is too "bright", i.e. black is not black but grey. I would assume a sort of RGB>YCBCR converting mismatch...

2. Setting CCC to RGB 4:4:4 leads in conjunction with the "automatically change refresh rate"-option in the XBMC setup to a very "unstable video picture" behaviour. Sometimes the picture is fine during a video playback with 60Hz but 24 Hz leads to a sort of pink frame around the video window. When I stop the video the colors in the xbmc-screen are "wrong" (they have some sort of green/pink shadow around and the picture quality is very low-end.

Generally I don't not see this artifacts or color problems with the 10.1 Dharma stable with the embedded DVDPlayer/ffmpeg stuff. Has anybody ideas on that? Help very appreciated!

A general question:
3. In DSPlayer I had options for codec-configuration (filtersconfig.xml etc.) as explained on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer. Here it seems to me that I do not have the possibilities. But how do I change between installed ffdshow codec and installed MPC-HC codec for instance?

My Setup:
AMD X2 245e on Asus Board, ATI 42XX on Board, 4GB RAM, Windows Vista SP2, XBMC true fullscreen, connected via HDMI

Thanks!