Kodi Community Forum
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. (/showthread.php?tid=94905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Memphiz - 2011-09-18

if it hangs i suspect your are using the latet ios version ... then just hit ctrl+c when it hangs ... this should get the installation forward then...

- gliko8 - 2011-09-18

Memphiz Wrote:if it hangs i suspect your are using the latet ios version ... then just hit ctrl+c when it hangs ... this should get the installation forward then...

you are right, i'm running atv2 with ios 4.3.
ihave installed the official xbmc without any problem.
than, i have tried to install the "1.deb" again but it hangs; tried crtl+c and this text appear:
"
^Cdpkg: warning - old pre-removal script killed by signal (Interrupt: 2)
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
"
and then just hang on this.
when i hit another ctrl+c it abort the proc.

what should I do?
do i need to install nitotv (sorry for the noobs question).
thanks alot for your assistance.

- Memphiz - 2011-09-18

dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ... <- give this a bit time ... this should work ....

- gliko8 - 2011-09-18

Memphiz Wrote:dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ... <- give this a bit time ... this should work ....

ok, the putty is now on dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
for an hour.. should it take so long?

- Memphiz - 2011-09-18

no max 5 mins ...

then do this in putty for removing the old version manually ... after that retry with dpkg -i

Maybe you have to issue this command twice ... you can make sure if removing was finished by doing "ls /Applications" ... there shouldn't be XBMC.frappliance anymore if removing was done correctly...
Code:
cd /Applications && rm -rf XBMC.frappliance

- gliko8 - 2011-09-19

Memphiz Wrote:no max 5 mins ...

then do this in putty for removing the old version manually ... after that retry with dpkg -i

Maybe you have to issue this command twice ... you can make sure if removing was finished by doing "ls /Applications" ... there shouldn't be XBMC.frappliance anymore if removing was done correctly...
Code:
cd /Applications && rm -rf XBMC.frappliance

ok ihave tried:
Apple-TV:/Applications root# ls /Applications
AppleTV.app/ Cydia.app/ Utilities/ XBMC.frappliance/

Apple-TV:/Applications root# cd /Applications && rm -rf XBMC.frappliance

and it just hang on the last row... what am i doing wrong??
should i try other terminal other then putty?

- Memphiz - 2011-09-19

no its an issue with the jailbreak ... but it seems to be much harder on your side ...

last idea before you should redo the jailbreak

Code:
apt-get install mc

this will install midnight commander

enter it bye typing "mc"

navigate to /Applications and select XBMC.frappliance - then hit F8 for deleting the folder. This has allways worked here. If this doesn't work - rejailbreak with seas0npass again...

- gliko8 - 2011-09-19

Memphiz Wrote:no its an issue with the jailbreak ... but it seems to be much harder on your side ...

last idea before you should redo the jailbreak

Code:
apt-get install mc

this will install midnight commander

enter it bye typing "mc"

navigate to /Applications and select XBMC.frappliance - then hit F8 for deleting the folder. This has allways worked here. If this doesn't work - rejailbreak with seas0npass again...

i cant find application folder anywhere.. and for the rejailbreak-> i have jailbroken it for 4-5 times by now..

EDIT: i have managed to delete the official xbmc and to install xbmc pvr! i am not at home so i dont know if all works ok. ill update in 2hours. thanks alot for all the help!!

- gliko8 - 2011-09-19

ok, all is working by now.
thanks allot! its a great project!!!

- gliko8 - 2011-09-20

hi,
one problem, the streaming of live tv is very lagi,
is there anything i can do to improve that?

thanks and again, great work.

- Memphiz - 2011-09-21

live tv sd content should be smooth ... live tv hd content is an issue ... but its more with the backend then with xbmc ...

- mylle - 2011-09-21

live sd tv with the ffmpeg Mediaportal plugin is NOT very smooth but margro is ware of it. Hopefully he will have some time soon to port the tsreader version to IOS. Current state is unusable.

- mmalfett - 2011-09-22

hi im having an issue with which deb file to download ?? and where to ssh it to on the directory structure??

I am using the xbmc with my atv2.

- mylle - 2011-09-26

Hi Memphiz,

Do you have time to do a take10?

Thanks
Mylle

- Memphiz - 2011-09-26

yep... but looking at the commit history of pvr i would like to wait until the jpeg and deinterlace changes are merged in so that the next pvr build pays its bills... so a bit more patience ...