Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- Plaguester - 2011-07-17

I am also willing to donate for hosting should it become necessary.

The live streams are still working. Is it possible to watch archives if the video ID is known?

- kevinbacon - 2011-07-18

locomot1f Wrote:yeah. sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

working with the person that owns the server to get it back up. but it does not seem to be high on their priority list -- for whatever reason.

@thnmnt -- if you can think of somewhere else to host the script, that would be awesome! i've got all the scripts on my home machine.
just need a server with perl and a mysql database access.

locomot1f,

Would you be willing to share your script with the rest of us? This way, at least we can host it locally to get back up and running.

In addition, we'd be able to free ourselves from being dependent on a single hosted web site.

Please consider it. Thank you very much.

should be back up - locomot1f - 2011-07-18

thanks for all the feedback.

i'll get back in touch with everyone tomorrow so that we can figure some things out.

g'nite!

- mic23 - 2011-07-18

ppp.org back up - list can be displayed. however when trying to open a stream - same error. Sad

- thodge89 - 2011-07-18

mic23 Wrote:ppp.org back up - list can be displayed. however when trying to open a stream - same error. Sad

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95053&page=19

- Pauli79 - 2011-07-18

works great. thanks so much for fixing it!
watching replay from last night right now!

- mic23 - 2011-07-18

thodge89 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95053&page=19

what's the purpose of this link? still not working.

Pauli79 Wrote:works great. thanks so much for fixing it!
watching replay from last night right now!

I have no idea what you mean. Still NOT working.

Thanks.

- mic23 - 2011-07-18

nevermind - working with latest dahlstrom .py

thanks !!

scripts - locomot1f - 2011-07-18

kevinbacon Wrote:locomot1f,

Would you be willing to share your script with the rest of us? This way, at least we can host it locally to get back up and running.

In addition, we'd be able to free ourselves from being dependent on a single hosted web site.

Please consider it. Thank you very much.

i've put the scripts up on my google code page
http://code.google.com/p/locomotif/downloads/list

you obviously have to change certain things with the script. You'll need a version of Perl and the modules that are listed in the perl scripts -- you should be able to just look at the USE statements to see what you need.

you'll need to create a mysql database, i've given the sql statement to setup the table. the mysql to xml script is setup to drop all tables, and repopulate it each time. so it takes about 1 - 2 minutes to run.

in both the mysql to xml and xml to mysql files, you'll need to change the variables for connecting to your database.

actually, that should be it. oh! and editing the default.py to point to your server.

- locomot1f - 2011-07-18

thodge89 Wrote:How much bandwidth does the server need? I may have some options. I have a couple people with web servers they could possibly host it on.

i'm actually not sure about that answer. i can't imagine that it's a lot. not sure how many people are using this plugin.
the script is set to run every hour, and takes approximately 2 minutes to run

i don't have any stats. right now the server is on TWC basic business class -- seems to max out at around 5 Mbps.

- paveksam - 2011-07-19

While playing live video quality is 1800, but when watching replay quality only 1200, no matter what in settings, 0-4 all the same. Quality parametr in file XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.espn3\settings.xml actually changes. Is it a known problem or smsng wrong on my side? Using win7.

- kevinbacon - 2011-07-19

locomot1f Wrote:i've put the scripts up on my google code page
http://code.google.com/p/locomotif/downloads/list

you obviously have to change certain things with the script. You'll need a version of Perl and the modules that are listed in the perl scripts -- you should be able to just look at the USE statements to see what you need.

you'll need to create a mysql database, i've given the sql statement to setup the table. the mysql to xml script is setup to drop all tables, and repopulate it each time. so it takes about 1 - 2 minutes to run.

in both the mysql to xml and xml to mysql files, you'll need to change the variables for connecting to your database.

actually, that should be it. oh! and editing the default.py to point to your server.

Thanks, locomot1f!!!

- Pauli79 - 2011-07-19

I just want to say thanks to locomot1f and ksosez for making this possible.

I am using this for about two weeks now and it's just working perfectly.
I am from europe and watching espn3 now 24/7 since I found out about this plugin. Skateboard street league, Football, WSOP,...just everything they got.
My understanding is that if even you are a US resident and willing to pay for it you are not able to watch espn3 unless you are signed up at a spesific internet provider (or use this plugin of course:-) ).

This is just pure gold. too good to be true!

somehow last nights (Mon 18th) 10PM WSOP which defenitly aired is missing in the replay list. My wild guess is that this is messed up by ESPN. or is there any chance it has to do with some error in updating the list??

i am not much of a computer guy and that's why although to locomot1f's great instructions for setting up an own sever I will stick to the old approved method as long as downtime will be just a couple hours every few weeks.

Thanks again.
you guys are awesome!

edit: signed up to this forum only to post in this thread!
installed xbmc only to use this plugin!

edit2: it's up now (10AM)...just took them a while...lazy ESPN people :-)

- paveksam - 2011-07-20

paveksam Wrote:While playing live video quality is 1800, but when watching replay quality only 1200, no matter what in settings, 0-4 all the same. Quality parametr in file XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.espn3\settings.xml actually changes. Is it a known problem or smsng wrong on my side? Using win7.
This section do nothing since quality parametr in settings.xml file is number.
Code:
quality =  selfAddon.getSetting('quality')
if quality == "Lowest":
    quality = 0
elif quality == "Low":
    quality = 1
elif quality == "High":
    quality = 3
elif quality == "Highest":
    quality = 4
else:
    # Set the default quality to medium
    quality = 2
But, if manually set "quality = 3", on-demand stream will be 1800k. So, it need to be rewrited: nether write quality parametr in settings file by symbols, or set quality based upon numerical value.

- mic23 - 2011-07-20

Pauli79 Wrote:I just want to say thanks to locomot1f and ksosez for making this possible.

I am using this for about two weeks now and it's just working perfectly.
I am from europe and watching espn3 now 24/7 since I found out about this plugin. Skateboard street league, Football, WSOP,...just everything they got.
My understanding is that if even you are a US resident and willing to pay for it you are not able to watch espn3 unless you are signed up at a spesific internet provider (or use this plugin of course:-) ).

This is just pure gold. too good to be true!

THIS !!

Pauli79 Wrote:somehow last nights (Mon 18th) 10PM WSOP which defenitly aired is missing in the replay list. My wild guess is that this is messed up by ESPN. or is there any chance it has to do with some error in updating the list?

edit2: it's up now (10AM)...just took them a while...lazy ESPN people :-)

wanted to ask the same thing for the last wsop episode from last night (0:00 EDT) - guess i have to wait for espn people too. thanks.