Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- partpricer - 2011-03-06

As of yesterday, I have been experiencing a problem with watching events. Now, when I attempt to launch a live or replay event (all events) on either ATV2 or Linux devices it fails. I get the following error message:

Quote:Failure to launch URI

Unable to launch video feed most likely because you already requested this feed. Please wait a while and try again.

It works fine if I fire up a browser on a PC. FYI, I'm on Uverse.

- hotspurdotus - 2011-03-06

This is a great idea. ESPN and other sports (CBS) are the some of the only things I miss from cable.

I'm trying to use this on a 1st Gen Apple TV. Its plays for a few seconds, then buffers a few times before closing. I've tried lowering the video quality but it doesn't help.

Is this a processing power issue? Would a 2nd gen AppleTV work any better?

- ksosez - 2011-03-07

partpricer Wrote:As of yesterday, I have been experiencing a problem with watching events. Now, when I attempt to launch a live or replay event (all events) on either ATV2 or Linux devices it fails. I get the following error message:

It works fine if I fire up a browser on a PC. FYI, I'm on Uverse.

I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.

- partpricer - 2011-03-07

ksosez Wrote:I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.

I will grab one for you tonight.

- ksosez - 2011-03-07

hotspurdotus Wrote:This is a great idea. ESPN and other sports (CBS) are the some of the only things I miss from cable.

I'm trying to use this on a 1st Gen Apple TV. Its plays for a few seconds, then buffers a few times before closing. I've tried lowering the video quality but it doesn't help.

Is this a processing power issue? Would a 2nd gen AppleTV work any better?

From people posting here it looks like it works on the 2nd Gen AppleTV but I have no experience either way. It could be that 1st gen is underpowered.

- hotspurdotus - 2011-03-07

ksosez Wrote:From people posting here it looks like it works on the 2nd Gen AppleTV but I have no experience either way. It could be that 1st gen is underpowered.

I changed some parameters on my router and I'm happy to announce that it's working nicely with my 1st gen ATV today. This is awesome!

atv2 - locomot1f - 2011-03-08

I've gotten the latest plugin to work on my atv 2. FULL SCREEN!!!! awesome work guys.

it takes awhile (2-3 minutes) for the replay section to pop up. but i think that's because it logs ALL the replays. so it may seem that nothings happening, but it's working.

Maybe if there is a way to first list the sport, and then go to the replays from there.

BIG UPS!!!! i hope you keep working on this plug-in.SmileLaughBig Grin

- partpricer - 2011-03-08

ksosez Wrote:I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.

So I just got home and installed the Debug Log add-on on my Linux system. I wish I would have checked first, but the ESPN3 add-on is working perfectly now.

I'll try my ATV2 a little later.

- partpricer - 2011-03-08

OK. I tried it on my ATV2. It is working perfectly on that device as well. So, I have no idea what went wrong over the weekend.

Thanks for the offer to help. Let me know if you need anything.

- myXBMC - 2011-03-08

igotdvds Wrote:Use this logo:

[clip]

Thank you! I'm using your logo on AppleTV2.

In my case the original logo cached in XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/c/c56a9acc.png

- ksosez - 2011-03-08

Working on segmenting Replay and Upcoming by days. Should be done in the next couple of days.

- ksosez - 2011-03-09

Released .6 just some changes to layout of Upcoming and Replay.

Still working on more sorting and getting a better replay section that loads faster.

- myXBMC - 2011-03-09

Amazing! Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!

FYI everyone,

Since there is yet update functionality (espn3 plugin) for AppleTV2,

I updated to Release 0.6 in a “clean/safe” way.

I deleted the “plugin.video.espn3” folder in mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

I deleted the “plugin.video.espn3.zip” file in mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages

After installed Release 0.6 zip file, the folder and zip file are located in a NEW path/directory:

User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons
User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages

You should see the following 3 items via Videos after successful installation:

Release 0.6
Live (with igotdvds’ updated logo)
Replay – Previous 10 Days (with igotdvds’ updated logo)
Upcoming Broadcasts – Next 2 Days (with igotdvds’ updated logo)

For comparison purposes only:
Pre-release 0.6
Live (old logo)
Replay (old logo)
Upcoming (old logo)

Warning: I attempted to install Release 0.6 zip file the usual way with existing old espn3 plugin/zip: DON’T DO IT.

Thank you!!! - locomot1f - 2011-03-09

I was about to go crazy with this one.

thanks for saving me more wasted time... and hair. Laugh

this should be sticky noted, or pinned... or something.

- locomot1f - 2011-03-10

wondering if you got my message.

no rush. i know you're busy. just not sure if you check your PM's.