Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- WildBill - 2012-01-07

Most likely cause it was subject to blackout

Source:
ESPN3.COM

EDIT:
try another game if it works then it was blackout.

- cappiel - 2012-01-07

Thanks Macielle!

Worked for me on verizon

- WildBill - 2012-01-07

cappiel Wrote:Thanks Macielle!

Worked for me on verizon

You should be using post #571 for version 0.9.4

Post #428 is for an earlier version

- balenogt91 - 2012-01-07

Got it to work. Used the old default.py and replaced XXXXs with my SWID. Thanks Guys!

- atlkidz - 2012-01-07

cant wait to make it work with comcast..

- WildBill - 2012-01-07

atlkidz Wrote:cant wait to make it work with comcast..

Sometime in the spring what ESPN reports

So close! - Untraumatized - 2012-01-07

What do I do with the default.py file? My ESPN loads, shows all live games going on, but when I click one I get script error, I have TWC so this default.py should fix it but where do I put it!? (AFTER I EDIT IT?)

OK SO I FIGURED OUT WHERE TO PUT IT! And I edited it exactly as he said, and the streams seem different- doesnt show the time left, so im assuming its because i switched it to TWC, but now when i try to watch a stream it says opening stream for like 5 seconds (before it would instantly fail) so it looks like its about to work but then script error again...

any ideas? this would really make my day!! been working at this ESPN plugin all day

i made sure i did edit it the correct way and also that i put it in the right place, its ok that i used NotePad to edit it right? i cant figure out what i could have done wrong... any help is greatly appreciated!!!

- Untraumatized - 2012-01-08

balenogt91 Wrote:Got it to work. Used the old default.py and replaced XXXXs with my SWID. Thanks Guys!

i did the same, but streams dont work, like before shows me all the games fine but when it comes to acctually playing the stream i get a script error, after edited my SWID in (without the {} and in both spots as well as changing the affiliateid to twc)

bpjmcg Wrote:Yeah if you have trouble with manually replacing the default.py with the one from this thread, you just need to uninstall the ESPN3 plugin, reinstall it, manually copy in the default.py before you use it for the first time and it should work. Had to do the same thing on both of my instances.

also tried this to no avail, just does the same thing, says Opening Stream for like 5-10 (sometimes a little less) seconds then says Script Error on the bottom right

also noticed sometimes it says one or more files failed, check logs but not always

- WildBill - 2012-01-08

Untraumatized Wrote:also tried this to no avail, just does the same thing, says Opening Stream for like 5-10 (sometimes a little less) seconds then says Script Error on the bottom right

also noticed sometimes it says one or more files failed, check logs but not always

For the last time this is what you need.

This is what your userdata.xml should look like, Just insert your SWID. Make sure everything in the addon setting are unchecked to find your swid go to broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData (if nothing show up go to espn3.com) make sure you have the current version 0.9.4 not your edited version(to make sure just uninstall the addon and reinstall).

From post 571
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<user>
    <affiliate>
        <name>twc</name>
        <imageUrl></imageUrl>
        <websiteUrl></websiteUrl>
        <localAdAccountId>null</localAdAccountId>
    </affiliate>

<location>
        <ip>X</ip>
        <country>X</country>
        <city>X</city>
        <state>X</state>
        <continent>na</continent>
        <dma>X</dma>
        <zipCode></zipCode>
        <domain>X</domain>
    </location>

<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="[color=red]{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX}[/color]">
        <username></username>
    </personalization>
</user>

Lol I managed to figure out what you just said but im stuck again because the program im using (FileZilla) wont let me pull out the userdata file to edit it and when i select "View/Edit" it tries to open in my IE and crashes it. (and what program should i use to edit it alsoHuh)

im gonna download WinSCP and see if that works better

but again what should i use to edit the xml file?

- WildBill - 2012-01-08

Untraumatized Wrote:Lol I managed to figure out what you just said but im stuck again because the program im using (FileZilla) wont let me pull out the userdata file to edit it and when i select "View/Edit" it tries to open in my IE and crashes it. (and what program should i use to edit it alsoHuh)

im gonna download WinSCP and see if that works better

but again what should i use to edit the xml file?

I use notepad

Edit could you save it and then use filezilla

WINSCP did nicely let me edit it from within WINSCP (i also reinstalled ESPN prior to doing that)

so now one more question before i test it out, what about the cookies thing? my cookies.lw only has this in it

"#LWP-Cookies-2.0"

all the stuff under it isnt there, do i need to get that from somewhere and put it in mysef?

(ALSO there is another userdata.xml in a folder called custom in the same folder that the userdata.xml file is in should i edit that one too? or leave it how it is??)

- WildBill - 2012-01-08

Untraumatized Wrote:WINSCP did nicely let me edit it from within WINSCP (i also reinstalled ESPN prior to doing that)

so now one more question before i test it out, what about the cookies thing? my cookies.lw only has this in it

"#LWP-Cookies-2.0"

all the stuff under it isnt there, do i need to get that from somewhere and put it in mysef?

I don't even have the cookie it never installed on mine

So I would say it not important.

ok then it should be set and ready to stream right? or should i also edit the other userdata.xml thats in custom?

(I JUST TRIED IT OUT BUT NO GO, ITS BACK TO SHOWING ALL THE TIMES ON THE RIGHT AND WHEN I TRY TO STREAM ONE IT JUST SAYS "ERROR" )