Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

Espn3 - Amin B - 2012-01-21

Thank you for the help!

- hunkyn - 2012-01-22

I seem to be having buffering issues a lot lately. I am not at home currently so i could not post logs but will do so after i get back to home. I do not have any login issues or anything but it buffers a lot and comes out of the video.

- StinDaWg - 2012-01-22

hunkyn Wrote:I seemed to be having buffering issues a lot lately. I am not at home currently so i could not post logs but will do so after i get back to home. I do not have any login issues or anything but it buffers a lot and comes of the video.

Same here, I have it set to the highest quality and am getting constant buffering issues. I have a 20 Mbps connection so there should be no problem. If I'm downloading anything else in the background even if it's not saturating my bandwidth I eventually get kicked off. I noticed it does the same thing to me in the browser as well. It won't kick me off but it will drop to 1 or 2 bars quality, when again these streams are only taking 2 Mbps and I have 20 Mbps available. ESPN needs to step their game up. Oh, and also get a 720p option. This isn't 1995.

- hunkyn - 2012-01-22

StinDaWg Wrote:Same here, I have it set to the highest quality and am getting constant buffering issues. I have a 20 Mbps connection so there should be no problem. If I'm downloading anything else in the background even if it's not saturating my bandwidth I eventually get kicked off. I noticed it does the same thing to me in the browser as well. It won't kick me off but it will drop to 1 or 2 bars quality, when again these streams are only taking 2 Mbps and I have 20 Mbps available. ESPN needs to step their game up. Oh, and also get a 720p option. This isn't 1995.

Yeah i am using the 1200kbps option now and that seems to be working ok. i have a 25Mbps connection and i am also having the issues. But these issues started recently. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

- deshwasi - 2012-01-22

thanks so much OP for updating this plugin and detailing how to make it work in post #571. one of my favorite plugins. great work. i did not see an option to enable/disable cookies in the 0.9.4 plugin so i dont know if i needed the cookies file.

- shaxs - 2012-01-24

Im trying to get ESPN 3 working on an ATV 2. I have read a lot of this thread. I saw I needed to create custom userdata.xml and cookies.lwp and put them in

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3

However, that directory did not exist. I created it and moved the files over to that new directory. So the only files in that directory are the two listed above.

I can now watch live streams, but trying to view any replay items I get a script error. Looking at the log I see this:

Code:
21:03:35 T:136445952  NOTICE: URL: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/feeds/startup?action=replay&endDate=20120123&startDate=20120113
21:03:35 T:136445952  NOTICE: Name: Replay 10 Days
21:03:35 T:136445952  NOTICE: List sports
21:03:35 T:136445952  NOTICE: ESPN3:  get_html: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/feeds/startup?action=replay&endDate=20120123&startDate=20120113
21:03:36 T:136445952   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
21:03:36 T:136445952   ERROR: Error Contents: (13, 'Permission denied', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/videocache.xml')
21:03:36 T:136445952   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 565, in <module>
                                                LISTSPORTS(url,name)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 100, in LISTSPORTS
                                                SaveFile('videocache.xml', data, ADDONDATA)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 496, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/videocache.xml')
21:03:36 T:101801984   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fwatchespn%2Ffeeds%2Fstartup%3Faction%3Dreplay%26endDate%3D20120123%26startDate%3D20120113&mode=2&name=Replay+10+Days
21:03:36 T:101801984   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fwatchespn%2Ffeeds%2Fstartup%3Faction%3Dreplay%26endDate%3D20120123%26startDate%3D20120113&mode=2&name=Replay+10+Days) failed

One thing I noticed is this line " '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/videocache.xml' "

That file does not exist. What am I doing wrong?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-24

the directory doesn't have the proper permissions because you probably created it as root.

I believe XBMC runs under the mobile user name. I am not sure though.

If you delete the directory you created and then change a setting for ESPN it will create the directory for you with permissions it can write to.

- shaxs - 2012-01-24

BlueCop Wrote:the directory doesn't have the proper permissions because you probably created it as root.

I believe XBMC runs under the mobile user name. I am not sure though.

If you delete the directory you created and then change a setting for ESPN it will create the directory for you with permissions it can write to.

Thank you I will give that a shot later today.

- DvLaz - 2012-01-24

I just bought ATV2 that I was jailbreak already. When I tried to watch ESPN3 I got script error message. Since I didn't have jailbreak file on my computer, can I do something directly on ATV2 to watch ESPN3?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-24

DvLaz: No

- Mighty_Diamond - 2012-01-25

Looks great, will try this out.

- punker73 - 2012-01-25

Hi guys, sorry if this sounds completely ignorant, but I'm trying to follow the thread to figure out how to get my ESPN3 working properly. I'm wondering firstly if since I'm in Canada, is this a waste of my time? And secondly, do I need to have an active account with ESPN or is this supposed to provide me with free streaming? Any help is appreciated. thanks

- kegobeer - 2012-01-25

punker73 Wrote:Hi guys, sorry if this sounds completely ignorant, but I'm trying to follow the thread to figure out how to get my ESPN3 working properly. I'm wondering firstly if since I'm in Canada, is this a waste of my time? And secondly, do I need to have an active account with ESPN or is this supposed to provide me with free streaming? Any help is appreciated. thanks

My cable company provides ESPN3 for me, so it pretty much worked out of the box for me. If there's a way to get it in Canada, you might have to review all 96 pages of the thread and see if it's been mentioned.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

punker73: It isn't free. It is a service available to those with certain internet providers. It isn't meant to be available outside the US. It seems to work for some people with the proper authentication tokens though.

kegobeer Wrote:My cable company provides ESPN3 for me, so it pretty much worked out of the box for me. If there's a way to get it in Canada, you might have to review all 96 pages of the thread and see if it's been mentioned.
You should learn about the "Search This Thread" item at the top of threads.

- kegobeer - 2012-01-25

BlueCop Wrote:punker73: It isn't free. It is a service available to those with certain internet providers. It isn't meant to be available outside the US. It seems to work for some people with the proper authentication tokens though.

You should learn about the "Search This Thread" item at the top of threads.

Yeah, I know all about the search button. That effectively reviews all 96 pages of the thread. I don't usually tell people to use the search button - I figure they already know how to do that.