Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- brightsr - 2011-12-15

kitana Wrote:Weather Plus is working great under XP/W7. Where do I find the skin.confluence folder under Linux to apply the mod files? Default skin (Confluence) does not have its own folder under <root>/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons. Any ideas?

I have an archlinux machine, and the skin.confluence folder is located at /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/.

- kitana - 2011-12-15

brightsr Wrote:I have an archlinux machine, and the skin.confluence folder is located at /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/.

I stand corrected. I found skin.confluence under /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ in XBMC Live

- pkscout - 2011-12-15

kitana Wrote:I stand corrected. I found skin.confluence under /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ in XBMC Live

Just a suggestion, but you might consider making a copy of confluence and putting it in with the rest of the skins you might have downloaded. There is one XML file to modify to get it a different name (I called mine Confluence Mod) and version number (I added a 'm' to the version number), then you can edit to your hearts content and not worry about blowing up the original or having your mods overwritten during an update.

- kitana - 2011-12-16

pkscuot Wrote:Just a suggestion, but you might consider making a copy of confluence and putting it in with the rest of the skins you might have downloaded. There is one XML file to modify to get it a different name (I called mine Confluence Mod) and version number (I added a 'm' to the version number), then you can edit to your hearts content and not worry about blowing up the original or having your mods overwritten during an update.

Good idea. Thanks

- macf1an - 2011-12-16

brightsr Wrote:I re-uploaded the zip files which are working for me.
I've requested pulling to official XBMC repo last night and it's in waiting list. I'll be available soon, today or tomorrow.

* Download link (re-packaged) : v.3.0.0 (Eden-pre), v.2.8.0 (Dharma)

hey, if the eden-pre version does not work on pre nov 16 releases, do you consider it a good idea to push to the main repo? All people (like me) on the stable 10.0-9 will lose functionality.

- brightsr - 2011-12-16

macf1an Wrote:hey, if the eden-pre version does not work on pre nov 16 releases, do you consider it a good idea to push to the main repo? All people (like me) on the stable 10.0-9 will lose functionality.

All the weather addons in the official repo works only on post nov 16 build and they're staying in the repo. but "Weather Plus (DHARMA)" can be used on pre nov 16 release and you can change the version in addon.xml to 3.0.0 for preventing automatic update from overwriting eden version.

- macf1an - 2011-12-17

you made that clear in your release log..
if the XBMC team does't have rules on backward compatibility for the main eden-pre repo - there's nothing to be done.
Maybe it's time for an "eden" repo where the weather plus 3.0.0 should be in.

- brightsr - 2011-12-17

Wunderground.com has been removed due to the rule between XBMC and Wunderground.com, so cannot be used from now on.
Please re-download and install the addon if you're already using v.3.0.0(v.2.8.0).
I hope we can see weather plus interact with the wunderground addon in the near future.

* New change log
- Added : Multi-threading supported
- Added : [Video] Bulgaria - Meteotv.bg
- Added : [Video] Poland - TVN
- Added : [Video] Ireland - TV3
- Added : [Video] Germany - ZDF.de
- Added : [Video] Spain - tve
- Added : [Video] Belgium - RTL.be, Deredactie.be
- Added : [Video] Netherlands - Weer.nl
- Added : [Video] Romania - Antenna 1
- Added : [Video] Hungary - RTL Klub
- Added : [Translator] Google Translation
- Added : [Accuweather.com] "Auto" language option
- Added : [Accuweather.com] Hourly forcast - Wind direction translation (by Google)
- Added : [Accuweather.com] 10 day forcast - Wind speed & direction with Translation (by Google)
- Added : [Accuweather.com] Weekend forecast - Wind, UVindex, Sunrise & Sunset time
- Added : [NOAA.gov] Hourly forecast - Feels Like, Condition Icon, Outlook (generated by script)
- Added : [NOAA.gov] US Severe weather alert
- Added : [NOAA.gov] Weekend forecast
- Added : [Dharma] Window(Weather).Property(Updated) - Last updated time
- Fixed : [NOAA.gov] Extended forecast - Gust speed issue
- Fixed : [Weather.com] Current.FanartCode
- Fixed : [Weather.com] Duplicated alerts, Alert color issue
- Fixed : [Video] ABC 4 (Hawaii)
- Fixed : Static image of map was not shown
- Fixed : Local maps of South America, Australia, New Zealand
- Fixed : Location name was not refreshed
- Fixed : Minor bugs

- macf1an - 2011-12-17

In 2.8.0 I qualify for the Meteotv.bg video to be in the Maps & Videos.
After opening the addon - the link is actually present in that section but the list of sat images isn't. I have to change my location forward and back via the settings page and then both the video and the list are shown.
Skin is confluence vertical.

- brightsr - 2011-12-17

macf1an Wrote:In 2.8.0 I qualify for the Meteotv.bg video to be in the Maps & Videos.
After opening the addon - the link is actually present in that section but the list of sat images isn't. I have to change my location forward and back via the settings page and then both the video and the list are shown.
Skin is confluence vertical.

I fixed some other problems related to removal of wunderground.com, but I can't figure out your problem. please try the new one and if the problem still exists, please post your log. thanks.

* Download link : v.3.0.0 (Eden-pre), v.2.8.0 (Dharma)

- macf1an - 2011-12-17

Since the 3.0.0 just came up in the repo and messed up everything - this my last attempt to help this once wonderful addon, until a global solution for the situation is found.

http://pastebin.com/3XAgSFMu

Having to manually edit the addon.xml, repack the zip and then do a manual install every time you update the version in the repo will just not work for me and the large amount of deployed ATV2s I support.
I believe it will definitely piss all the users not rushing to update to every new nightly too.
I'm also concerned that there's a lack of regression/backward compatibility control on the XBMC repo - I was counting on that til now.
You could do us and your addon a little good and either set dharma/eden versions to the same revision and push them toghether from now, or try to come up with a better solution .. many people will thank you.

- dallasnights - 2011-12-17

got a small problem on 2.8 on ATV
the icon part on the top right shows the correct graphic but the temp here in dallas is 47 degrees and it shows 7 then F

the 4 is missing what can I do to fix that , thanks so much

- brightsr - 2011-12-17

macf1an Wrote:Since the 3.0.0 just came up in the repo and messed up everything - this my last attempt to help this once wonderful addon, until a global solution for the situation is found.

http://pastebin.com/3XAgSFMu

Having to manually edit the addon.xml, repack the zip and then do a manual install every time you update the version in the repo will just not work for me and the large amount of deployed ATV2s I support.
I believe it will definitely piss all the users not rushing to update to every new nightly too.
I'm also concerned that there's a lack of regression/backward compatibility control on the XBMC repo - I was counting on that til now.
You could do us and your addon a little good and either set dharma/eden versions to the same revision and push them toghether from now, or try to come up with a better solution .. many people will thank you.

It's impossible to push both of dharma and eden versions to the same repo. It's the rule. I'm going to try to find a way to make it have backward compatibility.

- Martijn - 2011-12-17

brightsr Wrote:It's impossible to push both of dharma and eden versions to the same repo. It's the rule. I'm going to try to find a way to make it have backward compatibility.

That's why we left Dharma on using Extrafanart Downloader and moved on with Artwork Downloader for Eden. It was to much work to keep both supported.

@macf1an

Take your complaints up to the xbmc dev's. The Dharma and Eden repo may and will not be intermixed. That would cause even more problems than do good. Maybe in your case it would not but think of all other cases that would break it.
You could turn of auto-update to prevent problems and just do it manually. Maybe create a repo yourself where users will get their update from for this add-on (if that's ok with brightsr)

The same is for OPENELEC Dharma. That has newer python libs than XBMC Dharma. OPENELEC could probably run Eden versions but there is no way we can push that to repo without adding version check on what users are running.

- brightsr - 2011-12-17

@ Martijn:

You're right. That is what I wanted to say. You should be my English teacher. Smile