Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 (/showthread.php?tid=96977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- ekim232 - 2011-04-27

fr500 Wrote:The skin is awesome. One minor gripe is that if you want to see song lyrics the osd partially covers the lyrics window. I think OSD should close itself when you select lyrics or visualization options, etc.

I have an issue with recentlyadded, it says error on recentlyadded.py but I'm using a nightly so I guess that's the issue

I have never used any lyrics personally, so I will test it out tonight and see what I can do to fix it up. Recently added will not work on nightlies. The script is no longer needed and is supported by xbmc.

- fr500 - 2011-04-27

Cool, thanks!

Also, I dunno if this is skin or XBMC related but pressing back when playing audio (on fullscreen) when the OSD shows does not close the OSD. pressing back on video playback does close the OSD, it's inconsistent, only esc closes the OSD in fullscreen audio playback

- ekim232 - 2011-04-27

fr500 Wrote:Cool, thanks!

Also, I dunno if this is skin or XBMC related but pressing back when playing audio (on fullscreen) when the OSD shows does not close the OSD. pressing back on video playback does close the OSD, it's inconsistent, only esc closes the OSD in fullscreen audio playback

I believe it is an XBMC issue. Try Ellipsis and see if it works there. I have a similiar osd that uses a wraplist control and I think that is the issue.

- zepfan - 2011-04-27

zepfan Wrote:A couple other things I've noticed. The favorites dialog under tv submenus doesn't show any files in the favorites. The other is the background option doesn't set a global background. I looked through all the folders and could only find the thumbs, so i just guess they're not in there.

Just FYI stuff.

EDIT: Also the TVGuide doesn't work. I've tried refreshing it, and selecting the day. Nothing. It work on neon, but not this so it's an issue on the skin not the setup.

EDIT 2: It seems to be my test machine that's producing errors. I'll try the skin on my HTPC and see if I still have the same problems.

All of these problems are my fault! Nevermind.

However I did notice that I can't change view types in music until albums/songs. It's stuck at music panel. Dont' know if that is intentional or not.

Also I'd just like to chime in and add that the blue is too dark if you are using images for the icons.

Seriously though. I love this skin! Thanks again for it!

- ekim232 - 2011-04-28

zepfan Wrote:However I did notice that I can't change view types in music until albums/songs. It's stuck at music panel. Dont' know if that is intentional or not.

Also I'd just like to chime in and add that the blue is too dark if you are using images for the icons.

Seriously though. I love this skin! Thanks again for it!

Thanks for the nice words. It is intential for the music panel to be the only option. I though it was a good view to quickly get into the node you want and keep things simple and clean.

What blue are you referring to that is too dark?

- zepfan - 2011-04-28

ekim232 Wrote:Thanks for the nice words. It is intential for the music panel to be the only option. I though it was a good view to quickly get into the node you want and keep things simple and clean.

What blue are you referring to that is too dark?

Sounds good. I just wasn't sure. That one is good enough for me!

The blue in this picture.

Also any plans to add logo support? This view is begging for it!

- ekim232 - 2011-04-28

zepfan Wrote:Sounds good. I just wasn't sure. That one is good enough for me!

The blue in this picture.

Also any plans to add logo support? This view is begging for it!

I am working on the home images now. I didn't realize I had a colordiffuse on the images that was making them semitransparent. I am sure I can fit logos into that view somehow. I tried to fit them in anywhere I could without cluttering the screen too much.

Here is a screenshot of the home panels with labels on them all. Comes with a toggle.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- zepfan - 2011-04-28

I was bored tonight ( and wanted to switch skins!) so I made a PseudoTV skin for Presence. I'm not uploading it now, because it takes too many tweaks right now. After I hear what everyone likes and doesn't like I'll upload it.

Info Screen:

EPG (a little distorted just from the shot. It's not normally)

The only thing that needs tweaking is if EKim can Change font 13 to size 24 and Xperience font. If it's not too big of a deal do you mind?

Anyway, I really love the skin and wanted to make one that felt normal for pseudo. Thank You!

- DazNoonan - 2011-04-28

ekim232 Wrote:Here is a screenshot of the home panels with labels on them all. Comes with a toggle.

That looks awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on the release with included. Its exactly how I wanted it too look!

- Broads - 2011-04-30

Hey bud, just made a quick mod for anyone like myself that hasnt got a shutdown button on there remote, There is a toggle on off in the options.

Unzip and place in the relevant folders. eg.. C:\Users\Broads\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.prescenceV.1 OS Dependent

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OX2ZTAJ7

Regards

- Bkam - 2011-05-01

any news on a update Smile?

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-05-02

Really nice skin with pretty good viewtypes and a very nice customization-part.
A kiosk-mode would be cool. Smile

Cheers

- ekim232 - 2011-05-02

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Really nice skin with pretty good viewtypes and a very nice customization-part.
A kiosk-mode would be cool. Smile

Cheers

Forgot all about a kiosk-mode. That is an easy one to add.

- bandelguy - 2011-05-02

Ekim, please keep the studio & recordlabels logos separate from the textures.xbt in your future releases. Including them in textures, makes it difficult to alter the names / add missing logos.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-02

bandelguy Wrote:Ekim, please keep the studio & recordlabels logos separate from the textures.xbt in ur future releases. Including them in textures, makes it difficult to alter the names / add missing logos.

I don't ever make an xbt for my textures. I don't notice any difference in performance, so I don't go through the hassle.