Kodi Community Forum
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) (/showthread.php?tid=97246)

- jmadonald - 2011-07-24

ever since I updated the atv2 to the latest OS version, I have had problems. I updated to get netflix working again. When updated to the nightly, I started having issues playing some 720 as well as audio issues. So I went back to a previous nightly that was 100% stable for me, one from mid april. The issues still remain. I'll have to put the nightly back on and get some debug logs. I used Seas0npass to update. I originally used greenpois0n to jailbreak. I assume that doesn't have anything to do with it.
thanks for keeping everything moving forward.

update: reloaded the latest nightly. made sure to change to 16bit sound in atv settings and this has fixed my sound as well as stuttering issue. Anyone else have issue with the main skin giving all the fanarts a blue tint to it?

Minor Issues, compressed archives and mp3 playback - CaveGuard - 2011-07-24

Hi

I'm using XBMC nightly on two ATV G2, I've encountered the following issues, which I assume are known issues.. But I just want to make sure they are known Wink

The ATVs are wired, and data located on synology, access via smb mostly.

Issue 1:
ISO files etc. embedded in RAR archives takes ages to open compared to ATV G1, I've solved the issue by unRAR, but I wonder if it is hardware or software limitations.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 2:
While playing mp3 files it studders, it seems like this is due to loading thunms and graphics, if I exit "music view" to main menu the studdering stops and play back is smooth.
Issue 3:
Default visialization causes XBMC to fail, so I've selected "none".

I'm aware of the fact that these issues are not highest priority, I just wanted to confirm that they are known. Logs etc. are avalible if required.

Thanks for all the great work.

CaveGuard.

- Jezz_X - 2011-07-24

jacaru Wrote:Found some time to make a clip of the file. Still failing with latest build.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n8djna7y2c2ymdy

davilla Wrote:Plays fine for me, git trunk and wired atv2.

Plays fine for me on iPad wirelessly as well using the nightly builds

- Memphiz - 2011-07-24

jmadonald Wrote:Anyone else have issue with the main skin giving all the fanarts a blue tint to it?

That sounds like you didn't deinstall old xbmc version before installing a new one. This should not happen with latest nightly from 22.7. ...

- FragileTension - 2011-07-24

I have the latest version on my ATV2 and am having the stuttering problem as well. Mainly with mp3s but also when watching movies but with them it is not happening as often.

Here is what is happening with mp3s http://pastebin.com/X8tA3ECV
This is happening with them whether or not anything else is happening.

- Qonos - 2011-07-24

All movies work fine for me except img-files, the lag abit. And i have to go with files, since the library aint working for me. ANyone know what can be the problem with my library view of movies?

- jmadonald - 2011-07-24

Memphiz Wrote:That sounds like you didn't deinstall old xbmc version before installing a new one. This should not happen with latest nightly from 22.7. ...

Didn't realize I should deinstall before upgrading. Best way to deinstall?

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-24

jmadonald Wrote:Didn't realize I should deinstall before upgrading. Best way to deinstall?

I've never deinstalled XBMC before upgrading. This is the first I've heard about it.

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-24

Qonos Wrote:All movies work fine for me except img-files, the lag abit. And i have to go with files, since the library aint working for me. ANyone know what can be the problem with my library view of movies?

No, because we know nothing about your set up. At the very least we need you to experience the issue with debugging on and then providing a pastebin link to your XBMC.log. The more of this you can do the better.

- dallasnights - 2011-07-24

apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get autoremove
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance
The first line will properly uninstall XBMC, the second will remove any packages that were installed as dependencies and are no longer needed now that you have removed XBMC, the third and forth will remove the two directories that contain any leftovers.

- Qonos - 2011-07-24

Ned Scott Wrote:No, because we know nothing about your set up. At the very least we need you to experience the issue with debugging on and then providing a pastebin link to your XBMC.log. The more of this you can do the better.

Sorry,
something like this?
http://pastebin.com/2wsTchPc

When i add a dir. with files i can browse in that folder. but i dont get thumbnails and stuff like that before i failed and updated my ATV2 :/

(yes im new to this but try to learn)

Edited this post. i deleted XBMC and install it all over again, first the official version then the latest build.(22nd july)

- maxsql - 2011-07-24

MKV and MP4 play fine for me at all bitrates and resolutions.
AVI is kind of a pain with the constant buffering...do you guys experience the same results?

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-24

dallasnights Wrote:apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get autoremove
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance
The first line will properly uninstall XBMC, the second will remove any packages that were installed as dependencies and are no longer needed now that you have removed XBMC, the third and forth will remove the two directories that contain any leftovers.

Yes, but I don't see why that would be necessary unless there was just some weird one-off issue going on. Normally we just apply new build installations over the previous one. Plus, for nightlies, you have to install an official build and then apply a nightly build for it to work correctly.

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-24

maxsql Wrote:MKV and MP4 play fine for me at all bitrates and resolutions.
AVI is kind of a pain with the constant buffering...do you guys experience the same results?

I have not experience such an issue with my AVI files. There is nothing about the file simply being .avi that will cause this. You will have to give us your debug log and/or media info on the .avi in question for us to see what is going on for you.

- Memphiz - 2011-07-24

Ned Scott Wrote:Yes, but I don't see why that would be necessary unless there was just some weird one-off issue going on. Normally we just apply new build installations over the previous one. Plus, for nightlies, you have to install an official build and then apply a nightly build for it to work correctly.

I think the thing with the wrong texture colors is a one time thing - had this sometime during development and reinstall fixed it for me...