Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- Talus - 2011-05-13

Can we expect G4 Tech TV Canada support to come back? Would like Electric Playground and Reviews on the Run on demand. Those are the only 2 shows I watch on cable.

- jadoogar - 2011-05-13

Does anyone has this plug-in workin in US on appletv2?

In my case nothing seem to play.. Although not getting script error..

- morikaweb - 2011-05-13

Just wanted to say thanks for a great app. Its so hard for a canadian to find working feeds, this app is a life saver.

- bladeds - 2011-05-14

im in the uk and cant seem to get anything to play either. would you need canadian vpn

Global.TV is out - SimonMTL - 2011-05-16

Global TV does not work anymore. All directories structures are intact, but all stream files are missing. Website and GlobalTV.app (iPad) have the streaming files working well, so it is not a problem on their end.

Any fix soon?

- Crispy3M - 2011-05-16

SimonMTL Wrote:Global TV does not work anymore. All directories structures are intact, but all stream files are missing. Website and GlobalTV.app (iPad) have the streaming files working well, so it is not a problem on their end.

Any fix soon?

Noticed this as well... also still waiting on a fix for the non-functional CBC Live Streams.

Anyone else feel like putting some time in on this addon? It really had potential!

- andre_pl - 2011-05-16

Sorry guys, Life's been busy Smile I'll try to release a new version soon.

- Ozymandyaz - 2011-05-19

Been using this for a couple weeks on my ATV2 and my Windows Netbook.. very VERY nice work!

- vinistois - 2011-05-22

IF there is any way the author of this addon could work with the guys at OpenElec to stop the crashing, it would be much appreciated!

Teletoon - esigal - 2011-05-25

I have been a MythTV user for a number of years and just started exploring XBMC. When I came accross Canada on Demand....WOW, great job.
Any chance at adding Teletoon?
My son is always watching on the computer and it would be a great addition to the line up.

thanks

Newbie - Poor Video quality - tarzan17 - 2011-06-01

I *know* I am missing something. Video quality is very poor; video looks blurry like old school videos with low resolution blown up to fit larger resolution displays.

Seems like I am the only one experienceing poor video quality, regardless of which shows I watch (ex. Wild Kratts on pbs channel).

Just got this working on an ATV2.

Currently using 5MB internet service.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks !!!

- vinistois - 2011-06-01

I'm no dev but I don't think video quality has anything to do with this addon. The addon just gets the video to start playing. Once its playing, its all xbmc from there. I'd say its just the quality of the stream you are watching.

Quality is very acceptable for me, and looks identical to the quality if I watch on the website itself.

- tarzan17 - 2011-06-01

vinistois Wrote:I'm no dev but I don't think video quality has anything to do with this addon. The addon just gets the video to start playing. Once its playing, its all xbmc from there. I'd say its just the quality of the stream you are watching.

Quality is very acceptable for me, and looks identical to the quality if I watch on the website itself.

Thanks. For comparison, which webiste are you referring to? The networks websites?

EDIT:
Tried watching random show on GlobalTV website and found the quality to be about the same as what I see using ATV2 on my TV, except on TV the quality is magnified due to larger screen. IMHO quality is much lower than standard NTSC. So this is the norm and what I should expect?

- vinistois - 2011-06-02

Each channel (network) chooses what quality they want to stream. Obviously they will not stream you the full HD quality for free... if you want that, you have to pay for cable!

Maybe we should look into de-interlacing? Maybe there is a way to up-scale the image?

Either way, I'm streaming the hockey game right now and sending 1000 thanks to the dev for making it happen!!

- Ozymandyaz - 2011-06-02

Anyone have this working on an ATV1? It works great on my ATV2 upstairs, but I use an ATV1 downstairs and each time I start the plugin I get an error, "Script failed."

ATV1 is running Crystalbuntu via Sam's image (Ubuntu 9.04 and XBMC latest stable)