+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Pneumatic (/showthread.php?tid=97657)
Pneumatic is a NZB engine add-on for XBMC. It requires SABnzbd as backbone.
Pneumatic manages SABnzbd interaction and can also "trick" XBMC into playing videos in incomplete rar set's. Together with extensions (see below), the addon will allow you to access and use meta data made available from nzb index sites.
Intended use: Only to be used for accessing data in accordance with the laws of your country of residence.
SABnzbd has to have some default post processing like +delete
The incomplete folder and its files of SABnzbd has to be read-writable by XBMC
SABnzbd api key and user + password is supported
Last but not least, a working usenet account
In settings you can set preferred mode when selecting items, auto play or not. Auto play is enabled by default and download through the context menu. To repair or delete go to the incomplete folder and select from the context menu.
The incomplete folder of SABnzbd has to reside on a mounted share if not locally accessible (not on XBMC-Frodo). The files in the incomplete folder has to be readable by XBMC. Note: iThingies and Android devices are now officially supported when running Frodo.
You can get my repo and other useful addons through the fusion installer or just install repository.popeye.
On android, https doesnt currently work so you will have to get the raw files from the repo.
You can find Pneumatic under programs and Newznab under video.
- Depends on SABnzbd addon
- Helix compatible
- Fix for remote fake rar writing in Frodo
- Better "Find incomplete" dialog
- Lots of fixes
- New icon and fanart
- Option to delete local nzb's
- Support for strm and nzb in same dir
- Support for remote shares in Frodo (e.g. incomplete dir mounted in xbmc over nfs or smb)
- Set_streaming now set for unpacked content
- Correct post-processing on canceled downloads
- Support for unpacked content (Some things are not in rar's)
- Debug logging settings. In the future when needing help, just enable the debug logging setting in Pneumatic. There is no need for the XBMC general debug log. Remember the log is full of your api keys etc so clean it or just PM me with it.
- Pause only SAB queue item. Pneumatic will not pause the whole queue when messing with individual queue items.
- Do not fail downloads when selecting "Just download" in "Downloading.." menu
- Progress dialog fix for XBMC-Frodo users
- Support for folder renaming switch in SABnzbd
- Bug fixes
- Fixed incomplete folder error
- Switched to PLAYER_CORE_AUTO
- Added support for s00 s01 ..
- Removed forgotten notification
- Allow progress dialog to close or play back can fail
- Log what incomplete folders gets removed
- NoneType in nf_to_bottom list to SAB
- NoneType error due to timing with SAB
- Option to cache nzb
- Dont crash when tvrage is down
Enhanced local nzb browsing. Support for multiple folders (context menu to add and remove)
Bugfix for a special case where SAB reports 0 byte file size
Support for Neon skin
How it works
The add-on will sent the nzb url to SABnzbd, wait for the first rar, play the movie. Since the download could finish before we are done watching SABnzbd will fail the job when done. In the "Incomplete" folder in the top level of the add-on you can delete or repair watched items. Repair will execute your default post processing.
ECO System - Extensions and Tools
The core add-on can be extended with additional site support and external tools
Newznab by Popeye
Newznab is supporting up to 5 newznab.com compatible sites with fully configurable meta data scraping capabilities (e.g. nzb.su). Categories are fetched from each site and un-wanted can be hidden through the context menu. The id and key for the individual sites can be found on their respective RSS pages. (e.g. i=id and r=key for nzb.nu)
Note, you will need to update your site urls for API and RSS. They can be the same or differ. Site id is optional depending on site.
Newznab for Pneumatic
Use my repo above to install.
- Pure Newznab API, no more parsing of rss feed html data for media meta data.
- Https support.
- Sites with different url's for rss and api are now supported.
- Youtube trailer search disabled
- Sort on name, size and date
- Youtube trailer search
- Send User-agent
- Fixed error handling
- Show HD icon
Pneumatic Nzb Watcher by badwornthing
This is a simple program that sits in your taskbar tray and every x seconds scans your Sick Beard and CouchPotato download folders to find .Nzb files. When it finds one, it creates a .Strm file that links to it, and also moves the .Nzb file to reside with the .Strm file. More...
Hydraulic by ckergald
Hydraulic is a simple windows tool that will create .strm files that can be used in conjunction with Pneumatic addon. More...
It's an "experimental" feature of release 0.6.0 Beta2.
You can enable the "hidden" feature "allow_streaming" (in the sabnzbd.ini file).
This will make every job land as a "failed" unprocessed job in the History.
The files will remain in "incomplete".
After watching you can decide to delete or post-process
have you tested on other platforms (and subsequently failed), or have you only tested on windows so far? I'm trying to get it working on windows first before I test others, but will soon try other platforms.
I haven't yet really dug in, but it failed for me on win7, running xbmc 10.1, with latest sabnzbd (0.6.0 beta4). After 1st rar completes, it's as if it opens the rar as a folder, with just a '..' at the top, and a blank file (movie icon but no name). If i just let it sit nothing happens, but if I click on the blank spot next to the movie icon, I can see the zero byte rars created in the incomplete folder and then disappear while XBMC gives me a failed to play error. I'll dig up the log and get something actually useful posted a bit later.
Seems awesome--I tried it out quickly to see if it works and it does indeed. I have a few questions:
- If you start downloading/playing an NZB and then stop the video before it finishes and try to start another, will you have to wait for the first NZB to finish downloading before the script is able to play the next?
- If you're watching a video and the next required RAR file hasn't finished downloading on time, does the video pause or cut out? Are you able to resume easily?
I have implemented sorting of the queue so the nzb you intend to watch is first.
Since the script is a one time operation i have no way of controlling what happens after the movie starts, just hope your connection is good enough, if not the movie will stop...