Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Pneumatic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Pneumatic (/showthread.php?tid=97657)

- Popeye - 2012-01-16

It is a "bad" character in the rss. I have fixed it for the new newznab addon I'm developing and it is fixed in nzbs. I now added the fix in nzb.su and uploaded a new version to github. It is untested so please report if it works or not.

- atmorell - 2012-01-16

It's working now Smile

Thank you!

- Popeye - 2012-01-16

Great!!

- Popeye - 2012-01-16

Popeye Wrote:Yes Big Grin . Reading from a local folder needs some development but SAB has the api for uploading/referring path.
For sending from the browser it should already be possible using the xbmc json api (I have no clue how to use it). To launch the plugin, this is what xbmc is executing when grabbing a nzb.
PHP Code:
plugin://plugin.video.nzbs/?mode=list&nzb=URL.encoded.nzb.grab.url&nzbname=URL.Encoded.Name 

Can you fix a chrome extension?

I have found this chrome extension . Would be sweet if anyone could hack a extension

- samukas - 2012-01-16

Hey, Popeye! Glad to see you're improving the plugin Smile

Wondering if there's any chance that we'll ever see a release which lets you use SMB/FTP/AFP protocols, instead of needing to have a mounted path?

This is necessary for atv2 users, unfortunately Sad
Cheers!

- binhex - 2012-01-16

hi popeye im just getting a script error when running ver 0.0.18, im using openelec and can ssh into the box but cannot see any sort of log file, can you tell me where the log file would be located so i can post the error?.

ive checked to make sure i pass all pre-requisites so not sure whats causing the error yet.

cheers.

- Popeye - 2012-01-16

samukas Wrote:Hey, Popeye! Glad to see you're improving the plugin Smile

Wondering if there's any chance that we'll ever see a release which lets you use SMB/FTP/AFP protocols, instead of needing to have a mounted path?

This is necessary for atv2 users, unfortunately Sad
Cheers!

Eden is supposed to have native support but I'm not sure how to do this from python. Also I don't have a atv2 to test with. If you can figure out a way of writing files over SMB/FTP/AFP from python or even calling a local client doing the writing/erasing I could support it..

binhex Wrote:hi popeye im just getting a script error when running ver 0.0.18, im using openelec and can ssh into the box but cannot see any sort of log file, can you tell me where the log file would be located so i can post the error?.

ive checked to make sure i pass all pre-requisites so not sure whats causing the error yet.

cheers.

/storage/.xbmc/temp is where the log files are, good luck Big Grin

- simon_rb - 2012-01-17

binhex Wrote:hi popeye im just getting a script error when running ver 0.0.18, im using openelec and can ssh into the box but cannot see any sort of log file, can you tell me where the log file would be located so i can post the error?.

cheers.

Hi binhex

SSH and paste this:-

cat /var/log/messages | paste

This will upload your xbmc log onto paste bin for you and give you a link to it. I think you may need to be in debug mode which is found under the settings.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Simon

- Popeye - 2012-01-20

No sleep => big release Big Grin

0.0.19 Meta data support. Saves .nfo, thumbnail and fanart (Use together with Newznab, see below). initial jsonrpc support. Move non-rars to bottom of file queue. Added username and password support for SABnzbd.

Extend - Newznab
The core add-on can be extended with additional site support. Newznab is supporting up to 5 newznab.com compatible sites with fully configurable meta data scraping capabilities (e.g. nzb.su). Categories are fetched from each site and un-wanted can be hidden through the context menu.
0.1.0 First release

Note, meta data is totally dependent on what the rss feeds contain. I'm been looking into external scrapers but don't see the reason when the site has already done the work.
I'm saving folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo in the incomplete folder and are using this for a nicer incomplete folder browsing view.
The Newznab addon is the new thing, replacing both nzb.su and nzbstream. Mar2zz has abandoned his development and has kindly let me continue with the Newznab name.
I hope 5 sites is enough but I can easily add more if you need. It auto imports your nzb.su settings if you had that configured.

Whats next? Custom category, favorites, chrome extension? Big Grin

- simon_rb - 2012-01-20

Popeye Wrote:No sleep => big release Big Grin

0.0.19 Meta data support. Saves .nfo, thumbnail and fanart (Use together with Newznab, see below). initial jsonrpc support. Move non-rars to bottom of file queue. Added username and password support for SABnzbd.

Extend - Newznab
The core add-on can be extended with additional site support. Newznab is supporting up to 5 newznab.com compatible sites with fully configurable meta data scraping capabilities (e.g. nzb.su). Categories are fetched from each site and un-wanted can be hidden through the context menu.
0.1.0 First release

Note, meta data is totally dependent on what the rss feeds contain. I'm been looking into external scrapers but don't see the reason when the site has already done the work.
I'm saving folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo in the incomplete folder and are using this for a nicer incomplete folder browsing view.
The Newznab addon is the new thing, replacing both nzb.su and nzbstream. Mar2zz has abandoned his development and has kindly let me continue with the Newznab name.
I hope 5 sites is enough but I can easily add more if you need. It auto imports your nzb.su settings if you had that configured.

Whats next? Custom category, favorites, chrome extension? Big Grin

Sweet. Been checking every couple of hours. I'm looking forward to this..

Get some well deserved sleep Popeye Big Grin

- simon_rb - 2012-01-20

Popeye,

Can Newznab be configured for NZBMatrix? Could only find API key, not site id or site key

Cheers

- Popeye - 2012-01-20

simon_rb Wrote:Popeye,

Can Newznab be configured for NZBMatrix? Could only find API key, not site id or site key

Cheers

I don't think it's a newznab api compatible site.

- ursli - 2012-01-20

Really nice work on the update, one thing I noticed when I tried it with nzb.su: The "My Cart" part doesn't work, it looks like the plugin tries to scrape the wrong url. Not sure if this is a known problem or just a limitation of the newznab plugin (with the nzb.su plugin it works)

Log:

Code:
10:26:19 T:1008  NOTICE: plugin.video.newznab: unable to load url: http:///rss?dl=1&i=&r=&t=-2

And if I'm already posting, I remember you talking about full library support with .strm files just like the IceLibrary is doing it. Is this possible, and if so are you planning to implement this at some point? Sorry if this was answered somewhere already.

edit: I did some crude .strm test and it does seem to work indeed. The only problem right now seems to be that the file is getting downloaded instead of streamed if I click on a prepared .strm file, making xbmc crash in the process. So in theory we could prepare .strm files and add them to our library manually right now if there would be a way to stream instead of download?

Contents of .strm file (substituted with the correct infos of course)

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.nzbs/?mode=list&nzb=URL.encoded.nzb.grab.url&nzbname=URL.Encoded.Name

As mentioned above, this .strm file made sabnzbd start and finish downloading an nzb file, then crashed xbmc because there was nothing to play.

- Popeye - 2012-01-20

ursli Wrote:Really nice work on the update, one thing I noticed when I tried it with nzb.su: The "My Cart" part doesn't work, it looks like the plugin tries to scrape the wrong url. Not sure if this is a known problem or just a limitation of the newznab plugin (with the nzb.su plugin it works)

Log:

Code:
10:26:19 T:1008  NOTICE: plugin.video.newznab: unable to load url: http:///rss?dl=1&i=&r=&t=-2

And if I'm already posting, I remember you talking about full library support with .strm files just like the IceLibrary is doing it. Is this possible, and if so are you planning to implement this at some point? Sorry if this was answered somewhere already.

edit: I did some crude .strm test and it does seem to work indeed. The only problem right now seems to be that the file is getting downloaded instead of streamed if I click on a prepared .strm file, making xbmc crash in the process. So in theory we could prepare .strm files and add them to our library manually right now if there would be a way to stream instead of download?

Contents of .strm file (substituted with the correct infos of course)

Code:

As mentioned above, this .strm file made sabnzbd start and finish downloading an nzb file, then crashed xbmc because there was nothing to play.

You have configured Nzb.su properly in Newznab? If so, yo u have found a bug.

Regarding .strm. I have done plenty of tests and managed to get a proper functionality. The crash is because XBMC doesnt get a directly playable handle. The trick was adding a dummy item in the .strm. However, the UI will show a empty line and a plugin link. Also XBMC doesn't see .strm as a valid extension to be scraped so any meta data in form of fanart, .nfo etc is missed. My understanding by reading several threads is that its just pure luck plugin:// urls are working at all. The same goes for the json-rpc where there is no api for launching plugins directly.

- woodg8 - 2012-01-20

Don't suppose there's a comprehensive noob friendly guide to get this working? I was getting some kind of dependencies error before I gave up the other day