Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Pneumatic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Pneumatic (/showthread.php?tid=97657)

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Niglooze - 2012-11-29

Hello Popeye,
First of all, Thanks for your word.
Could you tell me where is the log file located ?
I've looked in /addons/plugin.program.pneumatic and in /userdata/addon_data, can't find it.
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-29, 12:03)Niglooze Wrote: Hello Popeye,
First of all, Thanks for your word.
Could you tell me where is the log file located ?
I've looked in /addons/plugin.program.pneumatic and in /userdata/addon_data, can't find it.
Thanks

It's written to the ordinary xbmc.log Big Grin

(2012-11-29, 12:36)Popeye Wrote: It's written to the ordinary xbmc.log Big Grin
OK sorry ^^

So, the problem I've got is that when I play the file, the message that informs you the stream is opening stays on front, like this :

here is a part of the log, I can't find anything interesting in it
http://pastebin.com/YgyR9WSc

Hope you'll have some time to take a look at it
Thanks a lot

edit : running on win7 64bits

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-11-30

Pneumatic 0.2.12
- Set_streaming now set for unpacked content
- Correct postprocessing on canceled downloads
(2012-11-29, 17:38)Niglooze Wrote: So, the problem I've got is that when I play the file, the message that informs you the stream is opening stays on front, like this :

Thanks a lot

edit : running on win7 64bits

On frodo or eden?

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Niglooze - 2012-11-30

on eden

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 12:13)Niglooze Wrote: on eden

Very strange. What also is strange is the 94%, the icon and the text. The heading is "Pneumatic" but the rest I don't recognize as my stuff..

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Niglooze - 2012-11-30

Oh? Strange indeed
I run newznab to search media.
The skin is Aeon MQ4, and the translation is french

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - runcmd3 - 2012-11-30

very sweet add on.. donating

Sv: RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-30, 23:57)runcmd3 Wrote: very sweet add on.. donating

Much appreciated! :-D

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - johnlocke3333 - 2012-12-02

Thank for the release, this software is awesome.

I found what may be a bug, but I am not sure. To be honest, I don't quite understand how pneumatic communicates with sabnzbd but my understanding is that is_nzb_home is the important method. I believe that this is what happens, at least on my setup, because I have sabnzbd and pneumatic on the same machine.

1) Pneumatic figures out we are in add_url mode
2) Pneumatic passes along the url of the nzb to sabnzbd via the HTTP URL
3) sabnzbd responds with a sab_nzb_id.
4) Pneumatic can get status reports via the id received in step3 and no longer has to use the nzbname as the method of identification for commands to sabnzbd

Assuming step1-4 is roughly accurrate, then I think that there may be an issue on step 2. I have found that some nzbs with | or / do not work. Perhaps they need to be escaped? Unfortunately, I dont have a good logfile cut for you. Does that mean the debugging trail stops here?

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-02, 19:48)johnlocke3333 Wrote: Thank for the release, this software is awesome.

I found what may be a bug, but I am not sure. To be honest, I don't quite understand how pneumatic communicates with sabnzbd but my understanding is that is_nzb_home is the important method. I believe that this is what happens, at least on my setup, because I have sabnzbd and pneumatic on the same machine.

1) Pneumatic figures out we are in add_url mode
2) Pneumatic passes along the url of the nzb to sabnzbd via the HTTP URL
3) sabnzbd responds with a sab_nzb_id.
4) Pneumatic can get status reports via the id received in step3 and no longer has to use the nzbname as the method of identification for commands to sabnzbd

Assuming step1-4 is roughly accurrate, then I think that there may be an issue on step 2. I have found that some nzbs with | or / do not work. Perhaps they need to be escaped? Unfortunately, I dont have a good logfile cut for you. Does that mean the debugging trail stops here?
Thanks! You are right in your assumptions Big Grin . With the latest update it should be fairly easy to get a decent log. Try your best and pm me. If you fail it's ok. The trouble is finding the right item in the queue. I guess showing a dialog where you can select the amongst the active is better than nothing....?

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - johnlocke3333 - 2012-12-03

sent the pm, thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - akuiraz - 2012-12-03

(2012-11-24, 15:03)samfisher5986 Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 10:33)Popeye Wrote: Your guess is wrong. Xbmc handles all the rar stepping on its own. Without logs the conversation ends here Big Grin

I'll do some testing and get back to you.

(2012-11-24, 04:37)Skindred Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 10:01)samfisher5986 Wrote: Amazing addon.

It seems to work very well, but last time I used it I got "script failed" and after a few minutes the show stopped, I'm guessing because the script is needed to tell it to go to the next .rar file.

Is this a fault of my setup? or is it a bug in the addon?

My guess is your download speed wasn't fast enough to get the needed rarfile in time for continued playback.

Unlikely, my download speed is 5 MB-10 MB/s and it was nearly half way downloaded when it stopped.

I knew something was wrong because normally it doesn't say "script failed" when you use it, but this time it did.

@Popeye:
I had this issue some time ago, and like samfisher5986, my download speed was averaging 6-7MB/s... I found that I could remedy this by limiting sabnzbd's download rate to 2.0MB/s. The reason that this error is occuring is from the high download speed... because, by the time Pneumatic creates the fake rar files and removes them, sabnzbd has already had to rename the rars to say, 'episode.name.s01e01.part02.rar.1' due to the fact that their was already a file by the original name (your fake rar files). To sum it up, the creation/deletion of the fake rar's is too slow with speeds above 2.0MB/s... if there is any way to speed up that process, it could fix the problem without needing to limit my download speed...

RE: [RELEASE] Pneumatic - Popeye - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 16:45)akuiraz Wrote: @Popeye:
I had this issue some time ago, and like samfisher5986, my download speed was averaging 6-7MB/s... I found that I could remedy this by limiting sabnzbd's download rate to 2.0MB/s. The reason that this error is occuring is from the high download speed... because, by the time Pneumatic creates the fake rar files and removes them, sabnzbd has already had to rename the rars to say, 'episode.name.s01e01.part02.rar.1' due to the fact that their was already a file by the original name (your fake rar files). To sum it up, the creation/deletion of the fake rar's is too slow with speeds above 2.0MB/s... if there is any way to speed up that process, it could fix the problem without needing to limit my download speed...

Speed limiting shouldn't be needed and testing is always done with 8+ speeds. The line https://github.com/TsUPeR/xbmc-pneumatic/blob/master/utils.py#L90 should be fixing the naming issue and it has been there for quite some time. Timing can be one cause... A good log file would be super helpful.