Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- GregKael - 2011-08-04

butchabay Wrote:What happens if you go to tvshow info by pressing "i" and "get thumb" choosing a banner from there?

Did some testing over the weekend. The issue is not with the skin.It seems that xbmc is ignoring the .jpg files in myfolders and pulling new files down from thetvdb.com i've checked in the database and the paths aren't there for either banner or poster.

Now all I need to do is figure out why.

- GregKael - 2011-08-05

Fixed my issue, I've gone down the route of

TV Show
|- Folder.jpg
|- banner.jpg
|- poster.jpg
|- logo.png
|- tvshow.nfo

Folder is a copy of the banner file for my needs. Although I believe the issue was a system rather than skin issue. I feel that the folder.jpg should be some kind of variable so that skins use either the folder or banner jpeg dependant upon the setting rather than a specific file called folder.jpg

- stoli - 2011-08-07

PilGrim Wrote:Thanks Stoli,

No rush, I just wanted to validate if these were true errors versus something odd with my system. sad to say, I know how far too well whatt it is like when work gets so busy you have time for little else.

Cheers.

Definitely fixable errors...

- stoli - 2011-08-14

PilGrim Wrote:Hi Stoli,

- TV Shows latest added: when i switch to large, I see the episode pic in the top episodes, but the one that has focus shows fanart and background goes to default TV menu; which is different than one I use so it is noticeable.
Fixed
Quote:- Slide view kinda works now, used to give me a blank screen, now I see fanart, but no slide of movie covers. When I arrow left I get the menu back so I can switch the view.
Fixed (as best I can tell)
Quote:- When down arrow from movie menu to access years, the count if the top left corner is jumbled as it looks like two things are being written into the same space.
Fixed
Quote:- main menu tv show latest is still not working right. i still get fanart on show with focus and main screen shows neon defaault tv menu pic.
Fixed
Quote:- TV Wall: "go back" is not larger when it has focus; not really a big deal
?? Screen shot?

- PilGrim - 2011-08-15

stoli Wrote:Fixed

?? Screen shot?

Many thanks Stoli. Here are screen shots of the "Go Back" issue:

"Go Back" has focus

Show "24" has focus, is larger then 1st pic and "Go Back" is same size as when it had focus

- stoli - 2011-08-15

Gotcha. Will be an easy fix I believe.

- Big Giant Head - 2011-08-17

Beautiful skin! Absolutely love it!

Probably a really silly question but for the kids' system I removed the Settings option from the home screen - erm, how can I call up Settings now if I need to change something?Rolleyes

Is there a shortcut key or something really obvious I'm missing?

As I said, fantastic skin and I look forward to enjoying it on a daily basis!

Using Dharma with Win 7 and a Hauppaugge remote if it helps.

- jhusch - 2011-08-17

Big Giant Head Wrote:Beautiful skin! Absolutely love it!

Probably a really silly question but for the kids' system I removed the Settings option from the home screen - erm, how can I call up Settings now if I need to change something?Rolleyes

Is there a shortcut key or something really obvious I'm missing?

As I said, fantastic skin and I look forward to enjoying it on a daily basis!

Using Dharma with Win 7 and a Hauppaugge remote if it helps.

I beleive from the main screen you can push "S" and you will get a pop up menu that will allow you to get to the settings screen.

If I am wrong I appologize, trying to do it from memory at work Wink

- Big Giant Head - 2011-08-17

jhusch Wrote:I beleive from the main screen you can push "S" and you will get a pop up menu that will allow you to get to the settings screen.

If I am wrong I appologize, trying to do it from memory at work Wink

You are right sir! Just tested it and all good. This means I can happily hide the settings and not worry about the kids meddling.

Love this skin.

"Smart" Screen Saver - jhusch - 2011-08-18

Stoli,

Would it be possible to have the screen saver to have the option of not functioning when playing "Music"?

- stoli - 2011-08-18

jhusch Wrote:Stoli,

Would it be possible to have the screen saver to have the option of not functioning when playing "Music"?

I think if you add:

<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>

to the advancedsettings.xml file it will suppress the screen saver from starting (that's not what that function it for, but I believe it is a side-effect. Smile)

- MaxCore - 2011-08-18

How i put color icon ?

- stoli - 2011-08-18

MaxCore Wrote:How i put color icon ?

Can you elaborate just a little more...

- MaxCore - 2011-08-18

Sorry

Where in the skin i can change media icon (sound , ratio , media .. )etc ?

- jhusch - 2011-08-19

stoli Wrote:I think if you add:

<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>

to the advancedsettings.xml file it will suppress the screen saver from starting (that's not what that function it for, but I believe it is a side-effect. Smile)

Ha!

Thanks Stoli!