Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- stoli - 2011-10-25

hikaricore Wrote:RBC aside I've had a couple harsh experience with the "Reset Skin" option..
Is there any way this can either be disableable via the skin settings or have a confirmation box? >.>

I've changed the way this works - it's two clicks and a big warning now.

- hikaricore - 2011-10-30

Thanks for that, have you had a chance to look at the RCB issue yet?

*edit*
It seems script-Rom_Collection_Browser-gameinfo.xml and script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml are long out of date with the addon and caused this issue, removing them resolved the issue. I feel like a total noob for not noticing them sooner.

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-11-04

Stoli

Since the latest SVN release from passion repo, there is a change in behaviour for recently added items displayed on the movie and tv pages. When you scroll down the recently added list, the blue highlight bar that selects each item no longer appears. Unsure if this is intended or a bug.

- supergroovegear - 2011-11-08

Hi Stoli,

I am using the SVN which seem to overwrite some of my customisations when Neon gets updated. Those customations are:
* a 'Countries' category under the main 'Movies' menu
* the on screen keyboard default position to 'Done' rather than the letter 'a'

Would these small changes be worthy of a permanent place in the skin?

With thanks

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-11-10

Kokonutcreme Wrote:Stoli

Since the latest SVN release from passion repo, there is a change in behaviour for recently added items displayed on the movie and tv pages. When you scroll down the recently added list, the blue highlight bar that selects each item no longer appears. Unsure if this is intended or a bug.

Hi Stoli

Haven't seen anyone else report this but I updated to nightly build XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe running latest Neon SVN and in the Multiplex viewtype if you set it to display fanart, the images aren't appearing in the window. In the gap beneath the window and the row of thumbnails you can see that the backgrounds are changing.

If you set fanart off and display thumbs the images appear correctly.

Not sure if this is a bug with the skin or the nightly build? Haven't had a chance to roll back to an earlier nightly build and test yet.

- KRKA01 - 2011-11-10

supergroovegear Wrote:a 'Countries' category under the main 'Movies' menu

+1

- stoli - 2011-11-14

Kokonutcreme Wrote:Stoli

It should highlight the selected item with the theme color.

supergroovegear Wrote:Hi Stoli,

I am using the SVN which seem to overwrite some of my customisations when Neon gets updated. Those customations are:
* a 'Countries' category under the main 'Movies' menu
* the on screen keyboard default position to 'Done' rather than the letter 'a'

Would these small changes be worthy of a permanent place in the skin?

With thanks

For countries, just create a custom playlist, add it to your favorites and then add it to the Movies menu. No customizing required and will be maintained across updates.

As for the keyboard, it's fixed now. Surprised no one else pointed that out. Smile

Kokonutcreme Wrote:Hi Stoli

Haven't seen anyone else report this but I updated to nightly build XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe running latest Neon SVN and in the Multiplex viewtype if you set it to display fanart, the images aren't appearing in the window. In the gap beneath the window and the row of thumbnails you can see that the backgrounds are changing.

If you set fanart off and display thumbs the images appear correctly.

Not sure if this is a bug with the skin or the nightly build? Haven't had a chance to roll back to an earlier nightly build and test yet.

This should be fixed now.

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-11-14

stoli Wrote:It should highlight the selected item with the theme color.

For countries, just create a custom playlist, add it to your favorites and then add it to the Movies menu. No customizing required and will be maintained across updates.

As for the keyboard, it's fixed now. Surprised no one else pointed that out. Smile

This should be fixed now.

Thanks Stoli, will test when I get home after work tonight, really appreciate and enjoy what you've created here.

- KRKA01 - 2011-11-15

stoli Wrote:For countries, just create a custom playlist, add it to your favorites and then add it to the Movies menu. No customizing required and will be maintained across updates.

Thanks for the tip, it works. Countries in the movie submenu was one of things i missed in your exellent skin and now i have it Smile

- KRKA01 - 2011-11-15

I have bought myself an USB - CEC Adapter:
http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/11/01/the-usb-cec-adapter-is-a-look-into-the-future/

When i try to access the settings in XBMC for this device using the Neon skin:
Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals, nothing happens.

If a switch to the Confluence skin i am able to bring up the menu and access these settings.

//Krister

- stoli - 2011-11-15

KRKA01 Wrote:I have bought myself an USB - CEC Adapter:
http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/11/01/the-usb-cec-adapter-is-a-look-into-the-future/

When i try to access the settings in XBMC for this device using the Neon skin:
Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals, nothing happens.

If a switch to the Confluence skin i am able to bring up the menu and access these settings.

//Krister

They introduced a new xml for that feature. I stole the one from Confluence and pushed it out - it should work just fine until I have time to customize it.

- KRKA01 - 2011-11-15

stoli Wrote:They introduced a new xml for that feature. I stole the one from Confluence and pushed it out - it should work just fine until I have time to customize it.

Thanks.

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-11-17

Hi Stoli

I'm running the latest upgrade of Neon SVN on a nightly XBMC build. When I add a 5th custom playlist to the home menu for Movies two identical links appear in the horizontal menu. The first link doesn't work, it tries to connect to the network share but times out. The second link works fine. This problem is only occuring for playlists, favourites work successfully.

If it's just editing some code I'm happy to edit the relevant xml file. I had a look in the Includes_Horizontal_Horizontal xml file and what I thought could be the issue didn't register any change.

As a workaround I'm using the Movie submenu for the 5th playlist.

EDIT: In the updated multiplex view the plot outlines only appear in the left hand window for less than half of my collection. If I switch to thumbs so the plot outline is displayed in the centre window then they appear for all movies. Weird.

- KRKA01 - 2011-11-17

stoli Wrote:They introduced a new xml for that feature. I stole the one from Confluence and pushed it out - it should work just fine until I have time to customize it.

Stoli, unfourtunally this only seems to have fixed the first view. After i have choosen the Peripherals an view with a "USB - CEC Adapter" info box appears, when i click on that box to open a new view where you actually configure the settings, nothing happens.

//Krister

- stoli - 2011-11-17

KRKA01 Wrote:Stoli, unfourtunally this only seems to have fixed the first view. After i have choosen the Peripherals an view with a "USB - CEC Adapter" info box appears, when i click on that box to open a new view where you actually configure the settings, nothing happens.

//Krister

Try copying DialogPeripheralSettings.xml from the skin.Confluence\720p folder. I've also pushed it.