Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- icky - 2011-04-07

this script from what i can tell works fine with the nightly builds and the database changes...is just the number that myvideosxx.db uses.... open source would be useful for others to collaborate apon but realistically the script itself functions very well.... it does what it says it does so far and bravido has supported it very well

- htpc guy - 2011-04-07

Question:

I keep seeing that you must set download = to true for Icefilms to work with this program. Does that mean you will only be able to download content from the tv library or is this just a setting that needs to be enabled in order for it to stream icefilms content from the library?

- bradvido88 - 2011-04-07

akuiraz Wrote:Any possibility of this becoming open source? Would definitely help to keep up to date with the latest nightly builds and the new XBMC database changes...
Yes, there is. Problem is I'm a perfectionist and the code is currently embarrassing. I haven't had time to beautify it in my spare time. But once I feel it's ready for community collaboration, I'm all for it Smile

- htpc guy - 2011-04-07

I am hoping that program will help influence the devs to include streaming content into the library. Its a brilliant idea. I realize that the library is designed to be a way to showcase our local media but I don't see why it can't be a way to unify all of our content.

- icky - 2011-04-07

This is seriously the worst workaround in the world but i think i have found a way of stopping the playback failed error.......

press enter twice when selecting a episode.

Works everytime for me, if i press enter once i get playback failed have to press esc and then reselect episode and then it streams with no error....

if i press enter twice from the off then the program does not have any errors and the stream works perfectly first time round Smile

- htpc guy - 2011-04-08

icky Wrote:This is seriously the worst workaround in the world but i think i have found a way of stopping the playback failed error.......

press enter twice when selecting a episode.

Works everytime for me, if i press enter once i get playback failed have to press esc and then reselect episode and then it streams with no error....

if i press enter twice from the off then the program does not have any errors and the stream works perfectly first time round Smile

Can anyone else confirm this? I've been holding off on giving this a go since icefilms wasn't totally working. This workaround is good enough for me if it is in fact working.

What am I doing wrong? - htpc guy - 2011-04-08

I'm using Windows 7 x64
Dharma 10.1
Icefilms
Hulu
MySQL Database
Dropbox Location = E:\dropbox (With subfolders titled Movies, Music Videos and TV Shows)
Download Location = E:\downloaded_dropbox
My Config.xml
My XBMC.MyLibrary Log File

I've configured the Config.xml, downloaded JDownloader as per the document in the first post, added the required sources to my library. Before I ran the Run-x64 script I confirmed that I was able to stream files from Icefilms and download them using JDownloader.

I'm getting an error about JSON-RPC. It can't find it for some reason.
XBMC is running when I ran the command file.

What did I do wrong?

- bradvido88 - 2011-04-08

htpc guy Wrote:I'm using Windows 7 x64

I'm getting an error about JSON-RPC. It can't find it for some reason.
XBMC is running when I ran the command file.

What did I do wrong?
In XBMC, did you go to Settings, Network, Services, and checking "Allow Programs on this/others systems to control XBMC

icky Wrote:press enter twice when selecting a episode.
When exactly do you press it the second time. If I "double click" enter, It hits the cancel for the "Opening stream" dialog.

- htpc guy - 2011-04-08

bradvido88 Wrote:In XBMC, did you go to Settings, Network, Services, and checking "Allow Programs on this/others systems to control XBMC

Facepalm!Rolleyes

I had just done a fresh install before trying to run this and forgot to check the settings. It just dawned on me that I forgot to enable that. I just kicked it off and its currently scraping icefilms as I type. I was coming here to edit my post before someone pointed out my obvious mistake.

Thanks though.Blush

- icky - 2011-04-08

bradvido88 Wrote:When exactly do you press it the second time. If I "double click" enter, It hits the cancel for the "Opening stream" dialog.

ahhh guess it depends on skin then... i am using aeon mq2 which does not have a cancel button on the opening stream dialog

- azzbarb - 2011-04-08

this is driving me insane Sad i can get everything set up it should be but when i try and stream anything from the library xbmc crashes,
i have managed to get a couple of tv episodes to play without it crashing with the failed to playback error(but still playing in the background) but 9 times out of 10 it just crashes when i press enter.
i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling different builds but nothing seems to work, is there anything that needs to be configed in xbmc to enable .strm playback?

azzbarb Wrote:this is driving me insane Sad i can get everything set up it should be but when i try and stream anything from the library xbmc crashes,
i have managed to get a couple of tv episodes to play without it crashing with the failed to playback error(but still playing in the background) but 9 times out of 10 it just crashes when i press enter.
i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling different builds but nothing seems to work, is there anything that needs to be configed in xbmc to enable .strm playback?
I take it you're referring to IceFilms.
Are you connecting this program to the same JSON-RPC interface as the XBMC instance that you are trying to playback on? If not, try that. There may be an issue where the IceFilms URI is specific to the XBMC instance it's running on.

- icky - 2011-04-10

right i am going to scrape the whole of icefilms... tv and movie a-z directories alike.... will all these entries fit and be reliable in a sqllite database or is a mysql more stableHuh?

also is there any way to ignore captha related films?

- bradvido88 - 2011-04-11

icky Wrote:right i am going to scrape the whole of icefilms... tv and movie a-z directories alike.... will all these entries fit and be reliable in a sqllite database or is a mysql more stableHuh?

also is there any way to ignore captha related films?
sqlite works just fine for large libraries. The only real advantage of MySQL is if you have multiple XBMC's in your home, then they all stay synchronized.

I edited the icefilms python code to skip captcha-enabled videos. I'm not in front of the code so I can't post it now, but it was pretty straightforward to edit it out.