Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 07:26)jonstle Wrote: Thank you for a great addition to XBMC! I am loving it, so far I am able to pull shows and movies from Hulu (plugin), Free Cable, Amazon (playon), and Netflix (Playon). So I feel like I am doing well so far. I have run into a little snag though. I cannot get prefixes or suffixes to show up in the XBMC library. I am sure I will feel like an idiot when i figure it out but I am at a loss at this moment.

I have tried this code:

Code:
<Amazon suffix="(Amazon)" custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
                   <!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.
                    TV Episodes will have a prefix added to their title -->
                                        <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/Movies" type="movies" />
                    <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/TV Shows" type="episodes" />
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/Movies" type="movies" />  
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/TV Shows" type="episodes" />      
            </Amazon>

and this:

Code:
<Amazon custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
                   <!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.
                                        <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/Movies" type="movies" suffix="(Amazon)"/>
                    <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/TV Shows" type="episodes" suffix="(Amazon)" />
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/Movies" type="movies" suffix="(Amazon)" />  
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/TV Shows" type="episodes"  suffix="(Amazon)"/>      
            </Amazon>

Any help would be appreciated.

I think the prefix and suffix parameters require an nfo file to accompany the strm file. So you have to turn on manual archiving and have something that didnt get scanned in by xbmc. This thread has quite a few people trying to get them to work.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2014-02-16

Anyone have much luck with Amazon and PlayOn?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jonstle - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-16, 08:27)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone have much luck with Amazon and PlayOn?

I used the following and it is working well:

Code:
<Amazon suffix="(Amazon)" custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
                    <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/Movies" type="movies" />
                    <subfolder name="Prime Watchlist/TV Shows" type="episodes" />
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/Movies" type="movies" />  
                    <subfolder name="Video Library/TV Shows" type="episodes" />      
            </Amazon>

I had to break it up like this so I could manually designate what each file type was, otherwise it could not determine media type.

Sometimes it takes a while for the video to start, but I have not had any timeout issues.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2014-02-17

Weird mine always fails to playback...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 01:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Weird mine always fails to playback...

probably because you dont run the script often enough and the links expire

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 04:47)saitoh183 Wrote:

I run ever six hrs, no good?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 04:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:47)saitoh183 Wrote:

i tried 6 and had to bring it to 2 to not get expired links. but didnt try 4h

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 04:50)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:47)saitoh183 Wrote: probably because you dont run the script often enough and the links expire

shssh, that's a lot, I'll run a copy of my-library dedicated for playon parsing...
Thanks for the info.

(2014-02-17, 20:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:50)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:48)Lunatixz Wrote: I run ever six hrs, no good?

shssh, that's a lot, I'll run a copy of my-library dedicated for playon parsing...
Thanks for the info.

I run playon on my server with a copy of xbmc installed on it dedicated to only receiving library updates. I set a task to run every 2hr and since it undates my server xbmc, it doesnt bother my htpcs around the house.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jonstle - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-17, 21:54)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 20:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 04:50)saitoh183 Wrote: i tried 6 and had to bring it to 2 to not get expired links. but didnt try 4h

Thanks for the info.

I run playon on my server with a copy of xbmc installed on it dedicated to only receiving library updates. I set a task to run every 2hr and since it undates my server xbmc, it doesnt bother my htpcs around the house.

I run every 4 hours and haven't had a problem.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rlefig - 2014-02-25

Hi, hoping somebody can help me with this. Struggling with subfolders, Do I need to create these as a source.
This is what I have as my one and only Netflix source
<name> Netflix</name>
<path pathversion="1">upnp://9883ceaa-8efe-4224-ac0d-08e0c225b23e/netflix//</path>

Here is my search entry from config.xml

<Netflix path="upnp://9883ceaa-8efe-4224-ac0d-08e0c225b23e/netflix" custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<subfolder name="Instant Queue" movie_set=" Netflix Instant Queue" movie_tags="Netflix|Streaming" recursive="true"/>

<!-- Get new movies from Netflix and add them to a movie set -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New movies to watch instantly" type="movies" movie_set=" Netflix New Movies" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes from the Sitcoms genre-->
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/Television/TV Comedies/TV Sitcoms" type="episodes" max_videos="50" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes of new TV Episodes -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" type="episodes" max_videos="50"/>
</Netflix>

And here is the output from the debug log which goes on for awhile

02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Found 0 files and 64 directories in Netflix
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Exact match = false for regular match. Checked if Subfolder: "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" = "Netflix"
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Exact match = false for regular match. Checked if Subfolder: "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" = "Netflix/~ What's New ~"
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Exact match = false for regular match. Checked if Subfolder: "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" = "Netflix/~ What's New ~"
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Skipping because it does not match a Subfolder: Netflix/~ What's New ~
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Exact match = false for regular match. Checked if Subfolder: "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" = "Netflix/PlayMark"
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Exact match = false for regular match. Checked if Subfolder: "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" = "Netflix/PlayMark"
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Skipping because it does not match a Subfolder: Netflix/PlayMark

And this is the output from the error log

02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM ERROR Find:Subfolder No matching subfolder named "Netflix/Instant Queue" was found. Skipping
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM ERROR Find:Subfolder No matching subfolder named "Netflix/New Arrivals/New movies to watch instantly" was found. Skipping
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM ERROR Find:Subfolder No matching subfolder named "Netflix/Browse Genres/Television/TV Comedies/TV Sitcoms" was found. Skipping
02/25/2014 02:29:00 PM ERROR Find:Subfolder No matching subfolder named "Netflix/New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" was found. Skipping

Thanks

rob

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-02-25

Yes, you need to setup subdirectories or it will try to get ALL the streams from Netflix. If you go into XBMC then Playon and then Netflix and then see what subdirectory you want to get your movies and tv shows from. That is what you will use.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rlefig - 2014-02-26

Thanks PCgirl. I was reading your posts yesterday. So again setting up subdirectories is via adding a subdirectory source? Is this done from inside XBMC or Windows Explorer?

Also how do you like your search filter and can you post? I am at work and can remote login to OS to test.

thank you

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-02-26

You have to take the subdirectories from XBMC. If you look at the code below you will see the subdirectories. I took those directly from XBMC. I just clicked each subdirectory until I got to where I wanted to get my shows and then I used that directory structure in the code.
Code:
<!--For this to work, you must have a source named "Playon" added to XBMC, which maps to Playon's subdirectory -->
<Playon custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true" >

<subfolder name="Netflix/Documentaries" recursive="true" max_videos="25" movie_tags="Netflix" movie_set='Netflix' >
        </subfolder>

<!--Get up to 25 episodes of ABC TV Episodes -->

<subfolder name="ABC/ABC News/All/ABC 2020/Seasons/Season 36" max_videos="25" type="episodes" >

<exclude>                
                <contains>previous page</contains>                    
                <contains>next page</contains>            
                <contains>/Recommended</contains>                    
                <contains>/Clips</contains>                        
            </exclude>
            </subfolder>
<subfolder name="ABC/ABC News/All/ABC Nightline/Seasons/Season 35" max_videos="25" type="episodes" >

<exclude>                
            </exclude>
</subfolder>

<subfolder name="ABC/ABC News/All/ABC World News with Diane Sawyer/Seasons/Season 5" max_videos="25" type="episodes" >

<exclude>                
            </exclude>
</subfolder>

</Playon>

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - ylafont - 2014-03-02

Just starting to use this script and have few questions after skimming this thread. Thanks in advance.

The streaming section when using a linux box. How should it be set? I tried several variations

<streaming>/OnlineTv</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix>smb://192.168.1.3/Media</LinuxSambaPrefix>

This created a the Folder "OnlineTv" on the root of the Linux Box with the streams files in each of their respected folders (Generic, TvShows and Movies). totally ignoring the prefix.

This generated errors and also seem to ignore the Prefix.

03/01/2014 05:51:35 PM WARN Archiving Failed to Update video at:/Media/OnlineTv/Movies/Legend of the Fist (ZH).strm(Hulu/Movies/Popular Movies (3)/Popular Feature Films (2010)/Legend of the Fist (HD)/Episodes (1)/Legend of the Fist (ZH) (HD))
03/01/2014 05:51:44 PM INFO Archiving Creating base Movies directory at: /Media/OnlineTv/Movies
03/01/2014 05:51:44 PM INFO Archiving Creating base Movies directory at: /Media/OnlineTv/Movies
03/01/2014 05:51:44 PM WARN Archiving Creating shortcut failed: /Media/OnlineTv/Movies/Strictly Sexual.strm (No such file or directory)

<streaming>~/Media/OnlineTv</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix></LinuxSambaPrefix>

Using a the users "~" home path shortcut also generated errors

03/01/2014 06:25:17 PM INFO Archiving Creating base Movies directory at: ~/Media/OnlineTv/Movies
03/01/2014 06:25:17 PM INFO Archiving Creating base Movies directory at: ~/Media/OnlineTv/Movies
03/01/2014 06:25:17 PM WARN Archiving Creating shortcut failed: ~/Media/OnlineTv/Movies/Steel Magnolias.strm (No such file or directory

Since I already had link to the Mounted SMB share and after testing a few others I used the full user path without a "SMB://" prefix and without.

<streaming>/home/xbmc/Media/OnlineTv</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix></LinuxSambaPrefix>

So my question is Why use <LinuxSambaPrefix> ?

Also. is there a method to store the streams with the same directory structure as they retrieved from each plugin or be allowed to modified the saved directory for each source?

as in my example save the hulu Popular feature films to the streaming directory with the hulu sub directory
"/home/xbmc/Media/OnlineTv/Movies/Hulu/Movies/Popular Movies/Popular feature films" ?