Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - R.O.H.3000 - 2015-05-05

Hi guys, this tool is a game changer!

I purchased a PlayOn lifetime account and successfully added some shows/movies to my Kodi library from Netflix.

However:

It doesn't play back as 1080p but only 720p - which defeats the purpose.

How do I get 1080p playback?

thank you very much!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - R.O.H.3000 - 2015-05-05

by the way:

I did make sure the selected video actually is provided as "SUPER HD" in Netflix - which is equivalent to 1080p if I'm correct.

So I don't understand why it's different in Kodi.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2015-05-05

720 is just what PlayOn can support -- even if the source in 1080. This has nothing to do w/ Kodi.

thank you for the response!

This is a huge blow. I won't keep PlayOn then. I was so excited by it and was happy to pay the 60 dollars.

Even 1080p support isn't what I'm looking for. I want UNTOUCHED passthrough of content. Which is interesting for 4k.

Is there something else I can use/buy to get the ORIGINAL provided resolutionHuh Or is there a "hack" that can be applied so I get native resolution?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bry - 2015-05-05

a roku

HAHA Smile

now for real. I bet there is SOMETHING that can be done. Not all of you are really settling for lousy 720p?

It's just not an option. I mean, why go all to the troube and pay if you end up worse than without it?

If I can't make it work, I'll just continue using the wonderful Netflix Windows Metro App.

Only Kodi in 1080p or 4k could kill the official Netflix App.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bry - 2015-05-05

@3000 when you can work with netflix to provide a fluid way to view their content have them reach out to the foundation. Until then get a roku

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - omridaa - 2015-05-12

there is possibility to do this on android ??

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - whitebelly - 2015-05-12

(2015-05-05, 21:52)bry- Wrote: @3000 when you can work with netflix to provide a fluid way to view their content have them reach out to the foundation. Until then get a roku

Could this latest firefox DRM module be the path to better Kodi integration?

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/12/firefox-38-arrives-with-drm-tech-required-to-watch-netflix-video-ruby-annotation-revamped-look-on-android/

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - R.O.H.3000 - 2015-05-14

guys, is there a working project for kodi that enables direct stream support for Netflix streams and the like?

Which basically means, no external transcoding would be required anymore.

anyone know something about that?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - R.O.H.3000 - 2015-05-15

did I get it right? I mean that's the problem, isn't it?

the solution isn't the fact that a bridge like playon only supports 720p, cause it's possible to turn off transcoding altogether.

The problem is KODI doesn't support direct streams like the ones from Netflix, right?

Or what is the problem here?

It's just so sad, cause right now, this wonderful project is useless and you can flush it down the toilet ...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2015-05-15

720p isn't really useless. It's still decent quality for a web video, but i hear you.

The problem is that all the content providers (incuding netflix) made deals with manufacturers to distribute their content via buitl-in apps that run on devices like smart tvs.
The personal computer got left out of this, and there is no sane API to get a netflix stream to a custom app on your computer.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - R.O.H.3000 - 2015-05-15

ok, thank you for the explanation.

Then I have only this option:

still use your project and add all content from Netflix via Playon to my KODI library AND somehow find a way that - once I press play in KODI - the Netflix Windows Metro App plays the file natively.

I am able to do exatly this for my 3D Blu-Rays using PowerDVD.

No idea though if there is a way to do it with the Netflix Metro App.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2015-05-15

You could abandon the htpc, get a Fire TV (which runs Kodi & 1080 content very well), Then you have native netflix/hulu/whatever apps right next to Kodi and can easily switch using the remote.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - sonics007 - 2015-05-18

Hey guys i need little bit help i would like to make a scan of some tv shows but i dont know how for example
Nip/Tuck
xbmc.mylibrary think that tuck is subfolder of nip but it is one directory Nip/Tuck
<subfolder name="TV Shows/N/Nip/Tuck" type="generic" force_series="Nip/Tuck" >
<parser>
<regexp>()([\w\s*'-:]*)</regexp>
</parser>
</subfolder>

and also how to scan folder wit & character

thx for any helps