Kodi Community Forum
{WIP} Live TV / PVR Support in Neon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: {WIP} Live TV / PVR Support in Neon (/showthread.php?tid=98378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-07

@ Stoli good morning
After the last update this morning through SVN when i want to open the Videos\Music\Live Tv then it shows a black screen.In Movies\Weather\Pictures Mode there is not problem. Something wrong?
Tks for your attention

- stoli - 2011-05-07

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning to all of you from the sunny today Greece
After the last update this morning,there is a Live TV button in the Home Menu.
We are waiting for the TV/PVR support in the next updates.

What happens in other skins? Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Stoli good evening
In the other skins is OK
Even my nephew who is watching XBMC\NEON called me and he reported to me the same issue.
Did you transfer my question? Because i posted it in the Bugs/Missing Features.
Thanks for your answer.

- stoli - 2011-05-07

I did move it as it's more related to the PVR stuff than anything else and it's not something I can test as I don't have a pvr/tv card.

It could well be that the pvr branch is behind the Eden branch and it just has to wait for an update to the skin engine in pvr builds. You can always switch to the main xbmc version of the skin and it should be fine.

As was noted in big bold print, these Eden builds are going to break on older builds and will introduce new bugs of the next few months as things get hashed out.

Stoli i think you answered in wrong question.
My question is in the post 61 and 63 Thanks

- stoli - 2011-05-07

Nope, I answered exactly as I intended. You are using an Eden version of the skin and it isn't working for your Live TV/PVR build of XBMC.

I suggested using the XBMC Repo version of the skin that is not designed for Eden as this isn't something I can test/diagnose.

Settings\Live TV\Genelal\Enabled\off
Settings\Addons\Installed Addons\Pvr Clients\MediaPortal PVRClient\Disabled
So i think that the problem is not the TV Card because the problem appeared this morning after my first today's entrance in XBMC\Update.
FWI in all the other skins Night etc everything is working properly.

EDIT Now i see that even in NIght and AEON MQ2 i face the same problem

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-08

Stoli
Finally i made a complete unistallation because i saw that in Settings\Appearance\Skin\Neon\More the Neon SVN update was broken.
I installed the other Neon and now i am OK
Thanks for your attention..............

- stoli - 2011-05-08

Amazing. Thanks for the update

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-08

Stoli Right now i am watching with the Neon and not the Neon SVN.
Is there any option to stop the auto updates ? Thanks

- MindGuerrillas - 2011-05-21

Hi,

Which version of the skin has the PVR views working and is there anything else I need to do?

I'm running the latest Pre-11 build of the XBMC PVR installed from the PPA.

Currently I have version 1.6.2 of the skin installed from the main xbmc repo. I've tried it also with the latest svn version of the skin but I get the same results.

When I go into Live TV I get the list of options (TV channels, Radio Channels, EPG, etc..) down the side but nothing else.

Does anyone have it working with the PVR build?

Thanks

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-21

@ MindGuerrillas
Did you add the Mytv.xml?

Can you pls tell me how can i download the latest Pre-11 build from?

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:@ MindGuerrillas
Did you add the Mytv.xml?

Can you pls tell me how can i download the latest Pre-11 build from?

I don't know about Mytv.xml. Where do I get this from and where does it go?

I'm just running the latest build from here: ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr

So I just did

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc

I believe that there is going to be a new, updated, build added to the repo soon.

EDIT:
I've looked in Confluence and it doesn't have a MyTV.xml file anymore - just a MyPVR.xml file the same as Neon. The TV section in Confluence works fine though. If I replace the neon MyPVR.xml with the Confluence one I still get a problem - not exactly the same but very similar.

- stoli - 2011-05-21

MindGuerrillas Wrote:I don't know about Mytv.xml. Where do I get this from and where does it go?

I'm just running the latest build from here: ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr

So I just did

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc

I believe that there is going to be a new, updated, build added to the repo soon.

EDIT:
I've looked in Confluence and it doesn't have a MyTV.xml file anymore - just a MyPVR.xml file the same as Neon. The TV section in Confluence works fine though. If I replace the neon MyPVR.xml with the Confluence one I still get a problem - not exactly the same but very similar.

I wish I could be of more help here, but I don't have tv/pvr card - has it 'broken' in recent builds for anyone else? I suspect it may have to do with the pvr builds being a little our of synch with the nightlies.

What happens when you use Neon from the xbmc repository vs the one in the Passion repository?

stoli Wrote:I wish I could be of more help here, but I don't have tv/pvr card - has it 'broken' in recent builds for anyone else? I suspect it may have to do with the pvr builds being a little our of synch with the nightlies.

What happens when you use Neon from the xbmc repository vs the one in the Passion repository?

Stoli,

Other skins that support PVR (e.g. Confluence) work fine with the pvr build. I would have thought that copying the xml file from Confluence over to Neon would fix it but no go. Are there any other files that the PVR views use that I could try copying across?

I'm currently using the xbmc repo version. I can't install the Passion version as it's listed as broken. I'll try downloading the latest version from git and see if that version works next.