Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- PikeyZA - 2011-11-14

othrayte Wrote:I think it might, try it out.

Works like a bomb, thanks man, you're a legend! Big Grin

- othrayte - 2011-11-14

Rumik Wrote:Nope, tried installing the version ou linked again and ts still not scrobbling. Very sad panda.

darkvoid Wrote:It seems rumik's problem is different than what I was encountering.

For me (before the fix) no data at all would be parsed.
But for rumik it gets past the first few JSON requests just fine:

Code:
21:26:10 T:2404  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: service: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.6.4
21:26:11 T:2404  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: trakt json url: /account/test/48dfcb4813134da82152984e8c4f329bc8b8b46a

However it fails further down because apparently some of the data returned contains an invalid date format:

Code:
21:26:24 T:2404   ERROR: Error Contents: time data u'' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

Maybe some of the trakt returned data is corrupted? Hard to say without seeing whats transferred back from trakt.
That initial problem was fixed with the provided link and new version, in a more recent log file a different issue has appeared, that is quite different to the ones previously faced, the JSONRPC connection, the one TU uses to listen to xbmc rather than to talk, encounters an EOF (end of file) error every 22 seconds. It it this 22 seconds that I'm trying to identify.

P.S. The time data referred comes from xbmc's library.

@Rumik, could you please try a fresh copy of TU one more time, checking in between that it is defiantly gone. If the problem persists then I need a dump log and description of what is happening on the port. If you have ever used putty or any telnet software before this should be easy, first install a telnet client (putty will do fine) start up xbmc and connect to port 9090 on 'localhost' (aka 127.0.0.1) using connection type 'telnet'. Next go and use xbmc for a moment or two, then let xbmc's screensaver enable and then wake it back up from the screen saver (this is all just to get xbmc to talk to use, we need to give it something to say). At this point the putty window should have json data in it, if you could take a screen shot of the end of the output and post that. Also if any error messages appear take note of them and if the putty window closes by itself take note of that.

Hopefully that makes sense, any questions just ask away.

- schumi2004 - 2011-11-14

Is original trakt.tv plugin still required on pre-eden builds?

Trakt.tv doesn't say so.

- Martijn - 2011-11-14

schumi2004 Wrote:Is original trakt.tv plugin still required on pre-eden builds?

Trakt.tv doesn't say so.

And they are right. TU can operate without Smile

- othrayte - 2011-11-15

schumi2004 Wrote:Is original trakt.tv plugin still required on pre-eden builds?

Trakt.tv doesn't say so.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:And they are right. TU can operate without Smile

You just need to enable 'scrobbling' from TU's menu and it will do the same as the default trakt plugin (and more, of course) Cool

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

any luck fixing the xbmc lock ups?

- Rumik - 2011-11-15

Sorry for the delay.

I've installed a fresh copy of the script, and it's still not scrobbling.

Here's the latest log.

http://pastebin.com/qw5cAjVA

If that's not enough please let me know and I'll do the rest of what you asked Smile

Cheers!

- othrayte - 2011-11-16

Rumik Wrote:Sorry for the delay.

I've installed a fresh copy of the script, and it's still not scrobbling.

Here's the latest log.

http://pastebin.com/qw5cAjVA

If that's not enough please let me know and I'll do the rest of what you asked Smile

Cheers!
No that shows that that first step didn't help. You will need to run through the other steps.

- othrayte - 2011-11-16

Lunatixz Wrote:any luck fixing the xbmc lock ups?
The latest news is that it isn't just freezing, seems that if you leave it going for hours, literally, if eventually proceeds. I'm still determining the best way to attack this issue, I'm probably going to create a special copy of TU designed to output a list of sql commands and try to see if running them outside of xbmc works.

- othrayte - 2011-11-16

Lunatixz Wrote:any luck fixing the xbmc lock ups?

othrayte Wrote:The latest news is that it isn't just freezing, seems that if you leave it going for hours, literally, if eventually proceeds. I'm still determining the best way to attack this issue, I'm probably going to create a special copy of TU designed to output a list of sql commands and try to see if running them outside of xbmc works.
Ok, so i have made the modified version here, this copy will echo all sql commands into a sql script, C:\Users\%%YOUR_USERNAME%%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.TraktUtilities\test.sql all that you need to de is run xbmc, encounter the hang, then copy that file to somewhere safe. Next, you are running mysql correct, if your using phpMyAdmin this should be a simple matter of asking phpMyAdmin to run the script and see what it does. If you have a different setup just ask and I'll make up specific instructions, essentially you just run the sql script on the db.

P.S. Don't run any stale sql script that has UPDATE commands, this might corrupt your db, if you use it before you start up xbmc again (after it hanged) then you will be fine.

- Rumik - 2011-11-16

The putty window closed the first time I tried this, but not the second. I don't use the screensaver so I played and skipped through an episode instead, hope that's okay!

Cheers!

- othrayte - 2011-11-16

Rumik Wrote:The putty window closed the first time I tried this, but not the second. I don't use the screensaver so I played and skipped through an episode instead, hope that's okay!

Cheers!
Yeah that method is fine. But I'll have to think about what this actually means, the fact that the information is there is a good sign. One interesting question, was this window with the information in it open for more than22 seconds, that is the time between the other one closing.

Ok, now that I've thought about it a bit (in the time spent writing that Rolleyes) What I'm going to do I make a version with some extra specific and ultra verbose debugging logs. We will then be about to determine what is probably happening, I hope Confused.

- othrayte - 2011-11-16

othrayte Wrote:Yeah that method is fine. But I'll have to think about what this actually means, the fact that the information is there is a good sign. One interesting question, was this window with the information in it open for more than22 seconds, that is the time between the other one closing.

Ok, now that I've thought about it a bit (in the time spent writing that Rolleyes) What I'm going to do I make a version with some extra specific and ultra verbose debugging logs. We will then be about to determine what is probably happening, I hope Confused.
Ok, so this version will produce an extremely large number of debug messages so keep your test breif, startup xbmc, start a video, stop the video and quit xbmc. Then post the log.

- Rumik - 2011-11-16

Here you go!

http://pastebin.com/1unAh6T6

Thanks Smile

- othrayte - 2011-11-17

Rumik Wrote:Here you go!

http://pastebin.com/1unAh6T6

Thanks Smile
Hmm, the further we dig the more of the same we find. The url now points to a newer version with slightly modified debug logs, this one is a little bit more descriptive and waits longer before timing out (up from 0.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds) I thought that this might change the 22 second messages we had been previously getting. Same deal as last time, with one difference, make sure that you play the video for at least a minute before stopping it.