Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-26

othrayte Wrote:I though you all should know; I'm making steady progress with v0.7, I am just about to commit my most major changes. Like I had said previously my preferred timeline is v0.7.0 for the new year and v0.8.x about a month later. v0.7.0 will include as many of the problems/features as I can attempt to fix/implement between now and 2012, anything left will go into v0.8.x, hence the shorter cycle for it.
I suppose you are wondering what I've been doing if I'm just about to start implementing all of the feature requests, well to do things properly required in my mind a large rewrite of some of the system. I've tried to be true to the initial objectives of TU, synchronization, as such this is where I have spent the majority of my time. The new system should be all round faster, more reliable, more resilient and most importantly easier to work with. It is this ease of use that will allow us to more efficiently add all your suggestions for new features.

I plan to have this major change in the official repo asap, I just need to run it by Manromen, then I'm looking for the bravest of the brave to try it out. I'm trying to avoid understating things, the new system needs testing, but it could also leave you with annoying glitches in your trakt DB. This will defiantly be try it at your own risk, as such no download link will be provided. Should you feel like to can do me the great favor and help me test this you can contact me directly for instructions (or just pull the code from github).

The following are a list of things I will try to do before the new year (this is just off the top of my head so there will be things I've missed)
  • Hunt down and eradicate the freezes on closing of XBMC
  • Add all of the missing options inside the media windows (ie watchlists etc) for things like rating
  • Play via tv show windows
  • A set of skinning variables for TU status
  • Options to control when TU makes notifications (also see previous)
  • Include resume watch time in total watch time
  • Notification of friends events
  • Skin variables for recommendations/watch-list/etc
  • A set of jsonrpc commands that can be used to control TU from other plugins, etc.
  • And lots that I can't remember right now

Lets see how many we get done before the new year.

Seasons greetings, stay safe,
Othrayte

what about the random freezing while TU is running its scans, this had been a major issue for a lot of users for the last three months... logs have already been posted in previous posts

- othrayte - 2011-12-26

Lunatixz Wrote:what about the random freezing while TU is running its scans, this had been a major issue for a lot of users for the last three months... logs have already been posted in previous posts
Yep, that one too, I believe that is issue #101. Hopefully the new system will be a bit more reliable in this sense.

- othrayte - 2011-12-26

akuiraz Wrote:in notification_service.py it is still trying to import missing files

last edit: forgot to from import watchlist import *

Ah, thanks for catching that, I will check for any others.
Edit: Seems you found them all, the change has been pushed.

- Ben91 - 2011-12-26

Hello.

How to delete movies / TV Shows on our trakt.tv account ? (Manually or automatically when videos are no more in XBMC)

Can we "reset" an trakt.tv account ?

I deleted them from XBMC (Eden Beta 1) : "Remove source" + did some "Update library" in XBMC. Plus Trakt Utilities is set in the settings with "auto clean" / "auto sync" / "auto update" as on.

Tried restart XBMC but even with the update at XBMC starting, nothing is cleaned on trakt.tv.

Thank you.

PS: Hangs issues when exiting XBMC (when something changed and it's syncing I think).

- othrayte - 2011-12-26

Ben91 Wrote:Hello.

How to delete movies / TV Shows on our trakt.tv account ? (Manually or automatically when videos are no more in XBMC)

Can we "reset" an trakt.tv account ?

I deleted them from XBMC (Eden Beta 1) : "Remove source" + did some "Update library" in XBMC. Plus Trakt Utilities is set in the settings with "auto clean" / "auto sync" / "auto update" as on.

Tried restart XBMC but even with the update at XBMC starting, nothing is cleaned on trakt.tv.

Thank you.

PS: Hangs issues when exiting XBMC (when something changed and it's syncing I think).

That is what auto clean should do. Could you please PM me a link to your trakt account and post a link to a copy of XBMCs debug log with debug enabled in TU (including TU syncing). Also I haven't come across a way to reset a trakt account but the web interface allows you to manage your library, and from there you can remove movies, shows, seasons and episodes.

- SpoBo - 2011-12-27

Please I need some help with this. As far as I know everything is configured correctly but I don't get any scrobbling action anymore.

I have a custom ubuntu install (oneiric) and I'm running the latest unstable xbmc (official) version. I installed trakt utils (0.6.4) and entered my username & password. enabled debugging and manually enabled scrobbling (doublechecked this). When I open the app I get my watchlist etc. All works. Just no scrobbling. Bummer ;(

I also don't see any trakt logging in the xbmc.log when I play an episode. Any thoughts?

edit: Before I had the stable version. But I uninstalled & deleted my .xbmc folder. So I did a clean install basically.

- othrayte - 2011-12-27

SpoBo Wrote:Please I need some help with this. As far as I know everything is configured correctly but I don't get any scrobbling action anymore.

I have a custom ubuntu install (oneiric) and I'm running the latest unstable xbmc (official) version. I installed trakt utils (0.6.4) and entered my username & password. enabled debugging and manually enabled scrobbling (doublechecked this). When I open the app I get my watchlist etc. All works. Just no scrobbling. Bummer ;(

I also don't see any trakt logging in the xbmc.log when I play an episode. Any thoughts?

edit: Before I had the stable version. But I uninstalled & deleted my .xbmc folder. So I did a clean install basically.

Could you please upload and link a copy of the log.

- Ben91 - 2011-12-27

othrayte Wrote:That is what auto clean should do. Could you please PM me a link to your trakt account and post a link to a copy of XBMCs debug log with debug enabled in TU (including TU syncing). Also I haven't come across a way to reset a trakt account but the web interface allows you to manage your library, and from there you can remove movies, shows, seasons and episodes.

Hello.

Today, it's working. Big Grin

It was maybe a network issue / server side problem... or because of all these hanging issues (at starting, during files operations or at closing of XBMC)

My XBMC always hangs when TU is syncing...

Do you always want debug logs ? (How to proceed ? Enable logs in XBMC + TU, plays with XBMC / TU Until It hangs, kill it / open it again, try other things, then send you the logs. ?)

Haaaaaa, I finally found how to manually delete some TV Shows and Movies. trakt.tv profile > library > TV Shows OR Movies > Collection > Mouse over a show / movie picture shows you a "X" (cross) to remove them from your trakt.tv collection. Great.

Cheers.

- othrayte - 2011-12-27

Ben91 Wrote:Hello.

Today, it's working. Big Grin

It was maybe a network issue / server side problem... or because of all these hanging issues (at starting, during files operations or at closing of XBMC)

My XBMC always hangs when TU is syncing...

Do you always want debug logs ? (How to proceed ? Enable logs in XBMC + TU, plays with XBMC / TU Until It hangs, kill it / open it again, try other things, then send you the logs. ?)

Haaaaaa, I finally found how to manually delete some TV Shows and Movies. trakt.tv profile > library > TV Shows OR Movies > Collection > Mouse over a show / movie picture shows you a "X" (cross) to remove them from your trakt.tv collection. Great.

Cheers.
If the cleaning problem persists I would like a log of that, but I have just rewritten the sync engine so we probably won't fix issues with the current one, just focus on the next version, which shouldn't be far away now.

- SpoBo - 2011-12-27

othrayte Wrote:Could you please upload and link a copy of the log.

Booted up, started playing a movie and let it play for 5 minutes or so. Here is the changelog http://pastebin.com/hdrxpzFZ. I don't see a Player.onStart message or a message like it. just Player.onStop and System.onQuit.

With Player.onStop I also don't see the movie name which is weird since the movie is in my library and started from the recent movies widget in the skin (Aeon Nox).

As said before. Running the latest unstable version (https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/unstable).

Thoughts?

- Ben91 - 2011-12-27

Ok thank you.

- othrayte - 2011-12-27

SpoBo Wrote:Booted up, started playing a movie and let it play for 5 minutes or so. Here is the changelog http://pastebin.com/hdrxpzFZ. I don't see a Player.onStart message or a message like it. just Player.onStop and System.onQuit.

With Player.onStop I also don't see the movie name which is weird since the movie is in my library and started from the recent movies widget in the skin (Aeon Nox).

As said before. Running the latest unstable version (https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/unstable).

Thoughts?

The log shows that TU started 5sec after you started the movie, that is why you don't see the onplay message. This would have been a problem for TU but not the only one, the underlying problem is that TU relies on XBMC to pass on enough info to identify the playing item, but we have found recently that some methods of starting items do not pass on this info. I'm already talking to the XBMC devs about this and I hope we have a solution soon.

- SpoBo - 2011-12-27

othrayte Wrote:The log shows that TU started 5sec after you started the movie, that is why you don't see the onplay message. This would have been a problem for TU but not the only one, the underlying problem is that TU relies on XBMC to pass on enough info to identify the playing item, but we have found recently that some methods of starting items do not pass on this info. I'm already talking to the XBMC devs about this and I hope we have a solution soon.

Something fishy is going on.

I'm able to scrobble now from the library and not from the widget. This verifies your finding.

However, I also noticed that after a fresh XBMC start the first trakt event doesn't get sent properly. I noticed that it didn't scrobble the first movie I played through the library after an XBMC start. But then after a fresh XBMC start and giving it some time (I thought perhaps some scripts loaded slowly or some stuff had to be set up) it played the first file correctly. When I checked the logs I noticed that due to my waiting the screensaver kicked in which in turn attempted to send an event to trakt about it.

So I'm thinking the first time trakt utils sends an event something gets set up but it either errors out or takes a codepath that prevents the original event from sending. When the second event gets fired and this time the variable has already been set up OK so the event actually gets sent to trakt correctly.

logs: http://pastebin.com/vK29skx5
I started XBMC again and quickly started a movie through the library. Didn't scrobble. Stopped it, restarted it and it did scrobble.

logs: http://pastebin.com/K3J0sbxU
I started XBMC but waited for the screensaver to start. After that I started a movie from the library and it did scrobble correctly.

Could this be correct? Do you experience similar behavior? Anyway, my problem is sort of fixed. Always start through the library for now and make sure to send an event to trakt before watching the thing you want to scrobble.

- frieten - 2011-12-28

having some issues on ATV2 with eden beta.

seems to be working but getting tons of these in my log:

Code:
NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: [Notification Service] Telnet too soon? (61) Connection refused

tried searching without much success about what could be causing this.

any help would be appreciated.

also it doesn't seem to be scrobbling, it just says MANUALLY MARKED SEEN in traxt on the website as you can see if you click my sig. it seems to be updating ok and searching thru my SQL database and finding everything, but scrobble doesn't work.

i'm fairly sure that the error i am seeing is to do with it trying to scrobble.

- othrayte - 2011-12-28

SpoBo Wrote:Something fishy is going on.

I'm able to scrobble now from the library and not from the widget. This verifies your finding.

However, I also noticed that after a fresh XBMC start the first trakt event doesn't get sent properly. I noticed that it didn't scrobble the first movie I played through the library after an XBMC start. But then after a fresh XBMC start and giving it some time (I thought perhaps some scripts loaded slowly or some stuff had to be set up) it played the first file correctly. When I checked the logs I noticed that due to my waiting the screensaver kicked in which in turn attempted to send an event to trakt about it.

So I'm thinking the first time trakt utils sends an event something gets set up but it either errors out or takes a codepath that prevents the original event from sending. When the second event gets fired and this time the variable has already been set up OK so the event actually gets sent to trakt correctly.

logs: http://pastebin.com/vK29skx5
I started XBMC again and quickly started a movie through the library. Didn't scrobble. Stopped it, restarted it and it did scrobble.

logs: http://pastebin.com/K3J0sbxU
I started XBMC but waited for the screensaver to start. After that I started a movie from the library and it did scrobble correctly.

Could this be correct? Do you experience similar behavior? Anyway, my problem is sort of fixed. Always start through the library for now and make sure to send an event to trakt before watching the thing you want to scrobble.

Mine takes a lot less time to start up,
Your first log:
(You played a movie at 26s)
TU start: 1m 4s
TU ready to receive notifications: 1m 12s

Your second log:
TU start: 1m 9s
TU ready to receive notifications: 1m 14s
(Screensaver enabled at 4m 10s)
(Movie started at 5m 8s)

I am running Eden Beta,
My log (TU version pre-0.7):
TU start: 4s
TU ready to receive notifications: 6s

My log (TU version 0.6.4):
TU start: 5s
TU ready to receive notifications: 11s

My log (TU version 0.6.4) [XBMC debugging on]:
TU start: 5s
TU ready to receive notifications: 9s

So your times are very slow, could you please try with debugging on in TU but off in XBMC encase that is causing problems. Otherwise something is making XBMC delay the start of TU. You could try to disable any other add-ons and try again, but I wasn't able to find from your logs what was taking so long. Unfortunately it isn't TU being slow so I cant do much.