Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2012-03-09

lrusak Wrote:This doesn't seem to be happening now that I have upgraded to an SSD.

Trakt utilities is freezing XBMC when view watchlist or trending lists. It also seems to make the system slower in general when starting up and shutting down.

If the freezing is before you get to the lists then is TU waiting for a response from trakt.tv. If it is after then I need to see a log.

TU does its update on start up and there where some previous problems with shutting down gracefully, which have been improved over recent versions.

- othrayte - 2012-03-09

lrusak Wrote:I have an error with trakt utilities, sometimes when I wake my HTPC from sleep and log on with my user, it says "unable to connect to remote communication server", then nothing seems to get scrobbled. I read an earlier comment saying you have to restart XBMC in order for it to work again.

Any updates about getting this fixed? I can't be the only one this is happening to.

Thanks!

Sounds like it could be that be related to whether the internet is back up when TU starts. Currently TU will fail if there is no internet connection at start-up. Do you think this could be what is happening in your case?

- othrayte - 2012-03-09

Hi all, I'm in the process of releasing v0.6.5 the changelog stands as follows:

Quote:Version 0.6.5:
- Changed the logic for pausing to not treat it as a stop in the video
- Fixed problem where connections to trakt were closed before readin the responce
- Fixed syncing error that occured when a last played value was not a correctly formatted date
- Fixed #110, Coping with unicoded names in sql quiries
- Added polish translations
- Skin updates for Aeon Nox
- Fixed stupidity in playcount updater
- Probable solution for #101, #61 the freezing of xbmc when syncing seen back to xbmc.Removed all uses of httpapi for sql db access, replaced with smart (db finding) direct access.
- Fixed the list of tuples bug, where it talks about commas during syncing
- Season limit changed
- A possible fix for the error 'InterfaceError: an integer is required'
- Posible fix for divide by 0 error
- Added debug messages to aid in identifying quitting problems
- Fixed bugs with sync debug statements

I will be requesting that this be added to the official repo but I will hold off until I have seen it in the wild for a week or Eden is released whichever happens first (the week i think). Should be in the pipes soon.

v0.6.5 Officially released for testing - othrayte - 2012-03-09

Big Grin v0.6.5 has entered the pipes and will be with those on the testing (devel) stream you as soon as we can get it there.

For those on the stable stream, if you haven't heard me already, I expect this release, v0.6.5, to be effectively stable and to go into the official XBMC repo in the next week. As such the current stable stream will probably not get any new versions. I will post again specifically when you can check that v0.6.5 is update-able from the official repo.

I hope everyone is enjoying TU and please take the time to submit any and all bug reports as per the details in my sig.

- kluka - 2012-03-09

othrayte Wrote:- Fixed stupidity in playcount updater

what do you mean with that?

also: do you have a flattr account?

edit: just tested. Resuming an episode still doesn't scrobble and "manually marks seen"

- othrayte - 2012-03-10

kluka Wrote:what do you mean with that?
The code that was designed to set a play-count on XBMC was so fatally flawed that it was downright stupid. I don't know how I left it like that originally but it is correct now. This is the issue that people were getting lots of weird repeating SQL logs from.

kluka Wrote:also: do you have a flattr account?
No, I don't, but I'm flattered that you ask. It is my current opinion that your thanks is plenty enough. If you feel you need to do more I would ask that you direct any funds towards the awesome XBMC project itself.

I currently distribute my time between my projects and my day job, and the time between projects changes based on peoples interest in it.

kluka Wrote:edit: just tested. Resuming an episode still doesn't scrobble and "manually marks seen"
I haven't got to that one yet. But as you have made an impression I'll look into it now, but no promises.

- othrayte - 2012-03-10

othrayte Wrote:
kluka Wrote:edit: just tested. Resuming an episode still doesn't scrobble and "manually marks seen"
I haven't got to that one yet. But as you have made an impression I'll look into it now, but no promises.

Just implemented it, it will be in whatever version comes after 0.6.5.

0.6.5 hang on sync TV collection - shinner - 2012-03-12

(2012-02-12, 05:17)othrayte Wrote: I expect, assuming no one finds anything majorly wrong, that this lastest one will become 0.6.5 quite soon.

If you want to try this out you can download the zip file from here, but you must install by zip or it might not work.

othrayte

I'm using Eden RC2 and this version of TU on Windows 7 32-bit. When I try to sync seen TV shows or update my TV collection, it stops at 19%, which is Doctor Who (2005) according to my log. Cancelling does nothing as there is no change in the log, and it eats more than half of my CPU. I have to Alt+F4 to quit XBMC.

Most of my shows are in a SMB share by the way (including Dr. Who). Movies sync fine.
Log: http://pastebin.com/Mg0k3vf9

Edit: I later removed the lines for the AV sync issue in advancedsettings.xml, and reinstalled TU, but still get the same problem.
Edit2: Never mind, it worked after I installed the proper version of TU 0.6.5.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - soder - 2012-03-12

Can someone please fix an problem with the Swedish show "Äkta människor" aka "Real Humans".

There is info about the show in both english and swedish at thetvdb, but on Trakt.tv there is no connection to "Real Humans" at Trakt.tv, when my XBMC Library plays the show in swedish.

There is an popup telling me that the show can't be found.

How can this be fixed?

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254367&lid=8
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254367
http://trakt.tv/show/real-humans

/Söder

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Sranshaft - 2012-03-13

I'm currently trying to skin this addon for the Boxee Inspirat skin and I've run into a few issues that I hope someone might help me with.

First issue I've noticed is the listitem doesn't change when switching between items vertically. I'm using a 4x3 panel and the infomation changes when going horizontally through the row but when I press up or down to change the row the information stays on the last item until I press left or right again. Is the method to update the label's information tied directly to the left / right key action?

The second issue is with the rate.xml. There doesn't seem to be any code to hide the Currently loved, Currently hated, Not Rated buttons at window creation. This causes all three button to appear on screen at the same time. This doesn't matter when the dialog's image is essentially the same shape like it currently is in the default skin but is noticeable when I use a button with only text. Is there any way I can get this to work where only the currently true button is visible.

The third issue isn't really a bug as such but something that would help skinners like myself that want to be able to differentiate between the options available. I'd love to have a label available for the window title in order to display to the user they are in the Recommended TV shows versus Trending TV shows which I can't do at the moment as they both use the same xml file. A window title label would help solve this.

Cheers in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - lrusak - 2012-03-13

it seems that trakt utilities scrobbles sometimes, but not others.

it's seems most likely that if I am to pause or rewind a movie it will not scrobble, but I will have to test this further.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - hexdotms - 2012-03-13

UPDATE: Issue solved by removing the advancedsettings.xml file which was provided to fix the video sync issue with RC1.

I was wondering why the errors in the logs referenced this file, as it's the one I downloaded from this thread in order to fix the AV sync issue. I had not removed it after upgrading to RC2. Once I renamed the file extension so as to cause it not to be loaded, both Movie and TV updated the XBMC database successfully!

ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS:

Issues with latest Trakt and updating XBMC seen database for both movies and TV shows

Testing procedure:

XBMC Eden RC2 is not running.
Deleted the following folders in order to start fresh:
AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6
AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.TraktUtilities
Deleted the AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log file.

Started XBMC and immediately installed othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-v0.6.5-3-gc0654b6.zip by using the install from zip function.

Changed the following three options, username, password, and enabled debugging. I viewed the other pages but did NOT change any options.

Noted an error loading the icon.png in the log, but no other issues.
Code:
03:53:11 T:1112   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\HEX\Desktop\MouseWithoutBorders\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-v0.6.5-3-gc0654b6.zip\icon.png

Exited XBMC and renamed the xbmc.log to xbmc-trakt-install.log

Loaded XBMC and selected Video > Trakt Utilities > Update / Sync / Clean

Selected Sync seen Movies, it updated Trakt successfully but when it attempted to mark movies as seen in XBMC I received an Error - Script Failed.
Code:
03:55:56 T:808   ERROR: C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\nbhttpconnection.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha
03:55:56 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: default: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.6.5
03:55:56 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: trakt json url: /account/test/48dfcb4813134da82152984e8c4f329bc8b8b46a
03:55:59 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Select: 4
03:56:06 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Select: 1
03:56:06 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: trakt json url: /user/library/movies/all.json/48dfcb4813134da82152984e8c4f329bc8b8b46a/HEXeHEX
03:56:10 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: searching local...
03:56:16 T:808  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: 60
03:56:16 T:808   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
03:56:16 T:808   ERROR: Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 2
03:56:16 T:808   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 122, in <module>
                                                menu()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 51, in menu
                                                submenuUpdateSyncClean()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 67, in submenuUpdateSyncClean
                                                syncSeenMovies()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\sync_update.py", line 697, in syncSeenMovies
                                                setXBMCMoviePlaycount(movies_seen[i]['imdb_id'], movies_seen[i]['plays']) # set playcount on xbmc
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\utilities.py", line 407, in setXBMCMoviePlaycount
                                                " WHERE movie.c09='%(imdb_id)s'" % {'imdb_id':xcp(imdb_id)})
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\raw_xbmc_database.py", line 15, in query
                                                _RawXbmcDb__conn = _findXbmcDb()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\raw_xbmc_database.py", line 51, in _findXbmcDb
                                                advancedsettings.parse(xbmc.translatePath("special://userdata/advancedsettings.xml"))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 586, in parse
                                                parser.feed(data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1245, in feed
                                                self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
                                            ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 2

Selected Sync seen TV Shows, it updated Trakt successfully but when it attempted to mark movies as seen in XBMC I received an Error - Script Failed.

Code:
03:57:13 T:3120  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: set as seen length: 15
03:57:28 T:3120  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: 60
03:57:28 T:3120   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
03:57:28 T:3120   ERROR: Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 2
03:57:28 T:3120   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 122, in <module>
                                                menu()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 51, in menu
                                                submenuUpdateSyncClean()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\default.py", line 71, in submenuUpdateSyncClean
                                                syncSeenTVShows()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\sync_update.py", line 965, in syncSeenTVShows
                                                setXBMCEpisodePlaycount(tvshow['tvdb_id'], episode[0], episode[1], 1)
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\utilities.py", line 437, in setXBMCEpisodePlaycount
                                                " )")
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\raw_xbmc_database.py", line 34, in execute
                                                return RawXbmcDb.query(str)
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\raw_xbmc_database.py", line 15, in query
                                                _RawXbmcDb__conn = _findXbmcDb()
                                              File "C:\Users\HEX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6\raw_xbmc_database.py", line 51, in _findXbmcDb
                                                advancedsettings.parse(xbmc.translatePath("special://userdata/advancedsettings.xml"))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 586, in parse
                                                parser.feed(data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1245, in feed
                                                self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
                                            ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 2

Immediately exited XBMC and renamed xbmc.log to xbmc-trakt-errors.log

Note this also happens when I have the auto update/clean turned on, which is why I ended up testing this from a clean setup of the latest version. Keep up the great work Othrayte!

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - numbly953 - 2012-03-13

If I use two different logins and want one trakt account to update from both, I would have sync and clean turned off correct? I cannot get it to work, still syncs to only the current login I am using and deletes everything else out.

Aside from this I am so happy to see where this add-on has come, it is a great social app, I love the website and how everything is tracked and the social media intergration is spot on. Love it all, I tried using this add-on last year and never got it to work, glad I decided to revisit!

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - unabatedshagie - 2012-03-14

Apologies if this has been asked before but is there any way of stopping the popups that inform you of it starting to scan movies, tv showes etc?

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - lrusak - 2012-03-15

Looking forward to the new version as with the current version I can't seem to pause it or rewind without it breaking the scrobbling