Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seadog - 2012-09-04

Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - tripkip - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-04, 22:12)seadog Wrote: Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?

Run on startup.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seadog - 2012-09-04

Ah ok then, I'll fix that tonight and make sure I fully test it then hopefully push it in a few hours

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seadog - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-04, 22:14)tripkip Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 22:12)seadog Wrote: Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?

Run on startup.

I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - tripkip - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-05, 03:18)seadog Wrote: I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)

I am using Eden final...

(2012-09-05, 10:15)tripkip Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 03:18)seadog Wrote: I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)

I am using Eden final...

Ah ok this bug's fixed in my local repo, just doing some stuff and it'll be pushed in a short while

Just so everyone knows, in order to stop spamming this thread with my fork I've started a new topic (and renamed the fork), the post is at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139839

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - journeyman - 2012-09-06

Hi, i had my library synchronized with trakt, but due to a problem i had to erase it (deleted the mymovies60 from userdata).
Now i have to manualy import my sources and my question is:
is there's an option that trakt can synchronize my xbmc library (watched, progress, etc)?

thanks in advance

Journeyman

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - schumi2004 - 2012-09-06

For a different problem i have enabled debugging and noticed this for TU

Quote:13:24:03 T:140130945447744 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Suspicious plug-in descriptor content in /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.5/addon.xml, line 14, column 5 (ignoring unexpected element res and its contents).'
13:24:04 T:140130945447744 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/xbmc/addons: No such file or directory'

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Skank - 2012-09-11

Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...
Though i'm not sure what to take for xbmc and ipad...

So far as i can see, i see 3 addons for xbmc

- The original one trakt.tv addon
- This one , trakt utilities
- And latest? one "traktr"

which one do i get now?
if i get this one "trakt utilities", do i still need to install the original one then?

What are the differences?
I want to rate movies too.. as i can see, the original one cant do that?
And the latest one only has frodo compability? Are those the only differences?

Also for ipad.. what app do i take?

Thanks !

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - keegan - 2012-09-11

I am unable to authenticate to trakt via xbmc. I am certain I am using the correct username and password, I have tested it successfully on the trakt.tv website.

I am running the default windows firewall, but I don't see anything in any logs indicating a restriction. Does this connect over a port other than 80?

Here's a snippet of my log.

Code:
08:42:27 T:5300  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
08:42:28 T:3912   ERROR: C:\Users\Keegan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py:19: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha # Python 2.5 and earlier
08:42:28 T:3364  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/(removed)
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] traktQuery: Error: failed authentication
08:42:29 T:5196   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect

I changed my password from one with special characters ($:!) to one with just alphanumerics and authentication continues to fail. I have tried using both http and https in the settings, both fail.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seadog - 2012-09-11

(2012-09-11, 08:25)Skank Wrote: Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...

which one do i get now?
if i get this one "trakt utilities", do i still need to install the original one then?

Thanks !

Essentially as far as I know there are 3 choices, script.trakt which supports scrobbling, eden and frodo but not rating/syncing (and is in the official repos) and can scrobble streaming videos, script.traktutilities which supports only eden, can sync movies/videos (so if you lose your xbmc library you can repopulate play counts/watched statuses from trakt) and can do simple ratings (i.e love/hate/unrated) and my fork traktr which supports eden and frodo, simple/advanced ratings and can also sync (and the next release will include support for scrobbling streaming video)

(2012-09-11, 15:23)seadog Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 08:25)Skank Wrote: Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...

which one do i get now?

Thanks !

Essentially as far as I know there are 3 choices, script.trakt which supports scrobbling, eden and frodo but not rating/syncing (and is in the official repos) and can scrobble streaming videos, script.traktutilities which supports only eden, can sync movies/videos (so if you lose your xbmc library you can repopulate play counts/watched statuses from trakt) and can do simple ratings (i.e love/hate/unrated) and my fork traktr which supports eden and frodo, simple/advanced ratings and can also sync (and the next release will include support for scrobbling streaming video)

So basically i should chose trakt if i want to rate the movies i saw..
Cause i just installed traktutilities, watched a movie, but i couldnt rate it, the only thing i could do is love/hate and click the unrate button...
Another thing that i saw using traktutilities was that my library i synced wasnt right
In xbmc i have 372 movies, and in trakt it showed all movies : 368 movies..
i dunno why

Also when i played the movie, at the end of it (i watched it completely) it gave me an error: that to rate.. runtime was too short (trailer?)
i dunno why?
then the box came to like/dislike/unrate...

and scrobbling means "displaying what you are watching in real time right?

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seadog - 2012-09-11

Yeah scrobbling tells traKt what you're watching as you watch it and then sets it as just watched when it finishes, if you want 0->10 ratings though I don't think another addon offers it except for mine (traktr)

(2012-09-11, 15:34)seadog Wrote: Yeah scrobbling tells traKt what you're watching as you watch it and then sets it as just watched when it finishes, if you want 0->10 ratings though I don't think another addon offers it except for mine (traktr)

then im going for yours Wink