Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] HOW-TO use VAAPI HW Acceleration on AMD Zacate (Fusion) platform - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] HOW-TO use VAAPI HW Acceleration on AMD Zacate (Fusion) platform (/showthread.php?tid=99154)

- Robotica - 2011-07-12

Why not update yourself and share your work overhere...

- javum - 2011-07-12

Robotica Wrote:it works..
I'm using PVR branch and I can use deinterlacing only for SD content not HD.

Also I tried Windows 7 + patched version of XBMC for GPU deinterlacing, but have dropped frames even on SD content with Bob deinterlace...

- Mysob - 2011-07-12

Robotica Wrote:Why not update yourself and share your work overhere...

Check my previous post. Just updated it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=836325&postcount=276

- CrazYoshi - 2011-07-12

Hi guys.
I try to read all your topics but it's very difficoult.
I have a problem. I have bought an Asus E35M1-M motherboard and I want to install Ubuntu and XBMC to make it a HTPC.
So, I have install Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on it, I have update it and I have compile the latest kernel 2.6.39.3 (custom follow the wiki of ubuntu but without any patch)
I have follow your instruction and I have installed libva and xvba package (libva1_0.32.0-1+sds2_amd64.deb,libva-dev_0.32.0-1+sds2_amd64.deb,xvba-video_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb) and after that I have install Ati ufficial driver (ati-driver-installer-11-6-x86.x86_64.run) with the automatic install. Rebooting the PC I have this problem: only desktop wallpaper and mouse pointer appairs. Nothing else. So what's the problem?
I have also try to install Ati drivers by compile the deb packages but when I try to install them some dependences are missing (libqtgui4,ect..)

Boot time - devil103 - 2011-07-12

Question for all Asus E35M1 fans:
What is your boot time? Measured from the moment you press the switch until you are at the XBMC screen? Assuming autologon off course.

I'm only asking because my boot time is quite long in my opinion. Over 70 seconds! The BIOS is up-to-date and at version 1202. And I'm running a Natty minimal install with no gui packages whatsoever (except for XBMC off course)

Especially the time between the Motherboard slash screen and the Ubuntu splash screen is quite long. 10 to 20 seconds.

- Robotica - 2011-07-12

devil103 Wrote:Question for all Asus E35M1 fans:
What is your boot time? Measured from the moment you press the switch until you are at the XBMC screen? Assuming autologon off course.

I'm only asking because my boot time is quite long in my opinion. Over 70 seconds! The BIOS is up-to-date and at version 1202. And I'm running a Natty minimal install with no gui packages whatsoever (except for XBMC off course)

Especially the time between the Motherboard slash screen and the Ubuntu splash screen is quite long. 10 to 20 seconds.

This is not good: could be 20-25 sec.

- Bootlegninja - 2011-07-12

devil103 Wrote:Question for all Asus E35M1 fans:

I don't have an Asus, but an ASRock E350M1 with essentially the same hardware. Switch to XBMC GUI (including the 5 seconds at the GRUB menu since I have Win7 installed also) is 40 seconds. Board has it's stock BIOS

- devil103 - 2011-07-12

Bootlegninja Wrote:I don't have an Asus, but an ASRock E350M1 with essentially the same hardware. Switch to XBMC GUI (including the 5 seconds at the GRUB menu since I have Win7 installed also) is 40 seconds. Board has it's stock BIOS

Robotica Wrote:This is not good: could be 20-25 sec.

Hmm clearly not the same performance I'm getting.
I'm using lvm2 on my file system harddisk. With a seperate /boot partition perhaps this is where the problem lies. But I haven't been able to confirm this. I'll try with some bootchart scripts next and see what is causing the delay.

- Robotica - 2011-07-12

Robotica Wrote:This is not good: could be 20-25 sec.

This is with an fast SSD. On Windows, the boottimes are similar.

- Robotica - 2011-07-12

Anyone used brazostweaker utility to underclock/volt? It makes sense to underclock since GPU does most of the work accept for the SD material.

- Mysob - 2011-07-12

Robotica Wrote:You should now be able to start XBMC via /usr/local/xbmc/bin/xbmc

Using that command after your build gives this error:
Code:
no absolute path found for shell xbmc-standalone

\\ edit: nevermind

- c-shadow - 2011-07-13

ASRock E350M1, XBMC live (installed from the ISO build, version packed in 4 RARs), catalyst 11.5. HW video acceleration worked OOTB, except a few problems:
- XBMC GUI freezes at least once a day. I have set up a "dim" screensaver (3 min) and screen off after a while. Sometimes just browsing folders causes it to freeze (no errors in xbmc.log). If I leave it for a couple of a hours (over night), and then press something on the remote, the GUI shows and freezes, either immediately or after some browsing.
- sound is sometimes lost, xbmc.log shows: "Unable to open audio mixer", but only xbmc (skin) sounds, opening a movie works fine (analog 5.1 output). Restarting xbmc-live service fixes both issues.
Any ideas about these problems?
Someone mentioned it could be a skin specific problem, but problem exists in a all tested skins.
Generally it works, but i want a stable sistem, it's annoying having to connect to HTPC via ssh and restarting xbmc all the time.

- MrFX - 2011-07-13

Sorry, wrong thread.

- waver123 - 2011-07-13

c-shadow Wrote:ASRock E350M1, XBMC live (installed from the ISO build, version packed in 4 RARs), catalyst 11.5. HW video acceleration worked OOTB, except a few problems:
- XBMC GUI freezes at least once a day. I have set up a "dim" screensaver (3 min) and screen off after a while. Sometimes just browsing folders causes it to freeze (no errors in xbmc.log). If I leave it for a couple of a hours (over night), and then press something on the remote, the GUI shows and freezes, either immediately or after some browsing.
- sound is sometimes lost, xbmc.log shows: "Unable to open audio mixer", but only xbmc (skin) sounds, opening a movie works fine (analog 5.1 output). Restarting xbmc-live service fixes both issues.
Any ideas about these problems?
Someone mentioned it could be a skin specific problem, but problem exists in a all tested skins.
Generally it works, but i want a stable sistem, it's annoying having to connect to HTPC via ssh and restarting xbmc all the time.

Your hung problem sounds like the exact problem I've, I've a MSI E350 box and install to HD from the same nemek iso build, when it hung it was always @ the GUI for me, haven't seen it hung during playback.

I was going to do a clean install from scratch using Robotica instruction and see if it fixes the problem....I don't think nemek has released newer ISO since that one (I think that was based on 10.0).

- Rapoza - 2011-07-13

That hung problem happened to me at some point of my installation, and after several changes it gone by itself.
Sorry I can't remember exactly what I did, as it was sporadic and was working on other issues.

Perhaps you found the solution if you follow my posts during the installation. I remember it was something near the "env.variables" + "user permissions" + "alsa config"

The issue was: When navigating specially when moving, and I've the sensation that was anything to do with transparencies, wipeouts or the "squish" sound, It seems to hang.
Seems becouse after some time (5-10m) it awakes itself.

Could be pulse and solved after I configured sound manually.

Luck.
Sergio.