Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] HOW-TO use VAAPI HW Acceleration on AMD Zacate (Fusion) platform - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] HOW-TO use VAAPI HW Acceleration on AMD Zacate (Fusion) platform (/showthread.php?tid=99154)

- CrazYoshi - 2011-07-22

mbah.pande Wrote:Thanks for this tutorial

I am new in linux
I want to start to build HTPC on my
ECS HDC-I Mainboard with AMD E350
2 Gb DDR3
1 TB HDD sata
Using this tutorial

I start with install Ubuntu mini.iso 64bit but in this step i got an trouble
ECS HDC-I mainboard is using three option Video output (VGA, DVI, HDMI) right now i am using VGA for Video Output to CRT my CRT monitor (LG studiowork) that only support 1024x768 res

Why after Install Mini Iso whit Command line Install my Display wont start? at first boot there a response on my CRT monitor (LED beside power button is green) but still nothing appear and after 1 Minute LED beside power button is yellow like when PC is turn off. what wrong with this situation?

Because i am curious i install Ubuntu natty full CD and now i can write an HELP request on this thread

Please HELP me how to resolve this

Have you press Ctrl+Alt+F1?

- CrazYoshi - 2011-07-22

The new version of linux kernel (3.0) have been released today!
Now? what are the changes to the wikis?

- mbah.pande - 2011-07-23

CrazYoshi Wrote:Have you press Ctrl+Alt+F1?

Yes I've press CTRL+ALT+F1 (FYI my Keyboard is wireless) and still nothing happen
HDD activity LED is off blinking every one minute

- demiurg - 2011-07-23

Hi guys,

I've had great interest in this thread as I bought the Asus 35 zacate based pro motherboard.
I've tried to follow the instructions in post 1& 2 but when I hit fglrxinfo, I get

fglrxinfo
X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 137 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 14
Current serial number in output stream: 14

Anyone know what I might have done wrong? I am new to ubuntu, and I love it so far, but without proper support for video playing I am ready to throw in the towel and buy windows, which I really don't want!!

I started with an install of ubuntu desktop btw, not the mini install, is that a reason for any issues?

Thanks so much!

- mbah.pande - 2011-07-23

Guys why now can't update kernel 2.6.39.3 from Xorg-edger anymore?

- demiurg - 2011-07-23

had the same issue, ended up installing them from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.39-rc4-natty/

with these instructions I found on the ubuntu forum:

Quote:Download the proper files for my architecture. In my case, the 2 i386.deb files & the all.deb file (3 files total).

I place them in ~/home/vindsl/Downloads/Kernel (but you can put them anywhere).

Open a terminal and navigate to the folder that contains the debs.

Run sudo dpkg -i *.deb

- devil103 - 2011-07-23

I'm running XBMC right now on Kernel 3.0 (from xorg-edgers)
The only problem is libva. I could install the patched 11.6 ATI drivers without any problem.

The problem seems to be the name of the xvba driver.
VAAPI tries to open /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so while the folder only has fgrlx_dri.so.

Anything obvious that I'm missing here?

edit:
fixed: now running XBMC on kernel 3.0
I had to manually create the link so that /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so points /usr/lib/va/drivers/xvba_drv_video.so

- maage - 2011-07-23

After a bit of trying and failing (with great help from the posts in this thread) I managed to get XBMC with VAAPI working on my Zotac AD02 (Natty desktop 2.6.39-3). But I noticed a problem that, as far as I can see, nobody else has reported in this thread. With many of my videos there was a problem with parts of the frames jumping back and forward when playing with VAAPI enabled. I also tried the OpenELEC build, but the same problem was present there.

After som googling I found the following ticket: #10928. After applying the patch from that ticket and re-building XBMC, the problem was gone.

Am I the only one who has had this problem?

i wanna cry - demiurg - 2011-07-23

I've gotten nowhere,

reinstalled ubuntu 11.04
ran all updates
installed 11.6 via this guide
kept my 11.04 kernel, as the 9-3 line doesn't work for me and rc-4 gave me ltos of errors installing stuff afterwards
installed the rest of the guide, but then on the first line of post two, it can't find libcrystalhd-dev

subsequent configure command then fails

- waver123 - 2011-07-24

maage Wrote:After a bit of trying and failing (with great help from the posts in this thread) I managed to get XBMC with VAAPI working on my Zotac AD02 (Natty desktop 2.6.39-3). But I noticed a problem that, as far as I can see, nobody else has reported in this thread. With many of my videos there was a problem with parts of the frames jumping back and forward when playing with VAAPI enabled. I also tried the OpenELEC build, but the same problem was present there.

After som googling I found the following ticket: #10928. After applying the patch from that ticket and re-building XBMC, the problem was gone.

Am I the only one who has had this problem?

what's the build version of openelec that you tried?

I'm currently using the fusion r7535 build and pretty much everything is working for me, I might have one video that fits your description of frames "jumping back and forward" but since this video plays fine with a similar openelec build for ion box I was thinking it might be more a catalyst driver issue for me.

- maage - 2011-07-24

waver123 Wrote:what's the build version of openelec that you tried?

I'm currently using the fusion r7535 build and pretty much everything is working for me, I might have one video that fits your description of frames "jumping back and forward" but since this video plays fine with a similar openelec build for ion box I was thinking it might be more a catalyst driver issue for me.

I've tried both the r7517 and r7535, both have the issue. Here's and example of a file that has this issue, if anyone is interested. It plays fine in my patched XBMC build, but not in openelec.

- sraue - 2011-07-24

maage Wrote:I've tried both the r7517 and r7535, both have the issue. Here's and example of a file that has this issue, if anyone is interested. It plays fine in my patched XBMC build, but not in openelec.

can you try with r7555 (or later) again? this testfile works for me.

- waver123 - 2011-07-24

sraue Wrote:can you try with r7555 (or later) again? this testfile works for me.

it fails for me with 7535 but works with 7555....

- sraue - 2011-07-24

waver123 Wrote:it fails for me with 7535 but works with 7555....

thats what i want hear :-) thanks

- maage - 2011-07-24

sraue Wrote:thats what i want hear :-) thanks

Thanks, glad to hear that it's working in the latest build. I won't be able to test it myself right now, but looking forward to test it when I get back home.