Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- Amra - 2011-09-08

metasynthie Wrote:- I find myself wishing to be able to control the darkening/opacity of the background fanart in a lot of views. It's nice to see fanart in the smaller inset windows, but the big background (again, I have lots of 1080p backdrops for every movie, tv show, etc) are so dark & muddy that they often just look like murky shadows. If there was a slider to control this opacity or darkening or both, that would be awesome.
I don't think I know how to do that, or if it is even possible. Huh You can, however easily change this in the colors\defaults.xml file. Just go to line 12 of that file and look for the following code:
Code:
<color name="FanartDiffuse">32FFFFFF</color>

and change the first two numbers (32) to a higher hexidecimal number such as "50" or "60". If you go all the way up to "FF" then the fanart will be clear with no diffuse, but on the other hand, any text will probably be very difficult to see/read.

- Amra - 2011-09-08

Just an FYI. I've added a Roadmap/To Do List in post#2 (see the link in my signature). This list includes all the known bugs in the Alpha that need fixing, as well as misc changes that have been suggested. Please look thru it before requesting something as it's possible someone else has already asked.

I will try to keep it updated as I progress towards a Beta release.

- bandelguy - 2011-09-08

@Amra: The skin looks awesome and deserves to be in "Skin support Forum". I have 2 requests: 1. Please update the skin on a regular basis. Just don't let it die after a few months of support just like many skins have. 2.Move to SVN/ GIT for updates.

- Amra - 2011-09-09

bandelguy Wrote:@Amra: The skin looks awesome and deserves to be in "Skin support Forum". I have 2 requests: 1. Please update the skin on a regular basis. Just don't let it die after a few months of support just like many skins have. 2.Move to SVN/ GIT for updates.
Thanks & to answer you:

1. That's my plan but I certainly understand how real life can get in the way of the best laid plans.

2. I would like to do that but never have previously so there is a definite learning curve involved. Eek

- sialivi - 2011-09-09

@Amra
Low priority request:
This is rather subjective, but when using Low List in "Recently Added Episodes", I think I would rather see the shows poster instead of the "Recently Added Episodes" poster.

- Amra - 2011-09-09

sialivi Wrote:@Amra
Low priority request:
This is rather subjective, but when using Low List in "Recently Added Episodes", I think I would rather see the shows poster instead of the "Recently Added Episodes" poster.
So would I, but it wouldn't work in recently added episodes. Instead, no poster was showing there. I'm still trying to figure things out though, so i will try a couple more things to see if I can get it working.

- zepfan - 2011-09-10

Amra Wrote:@Shinu & zepfan
Regarding PseudoTV. I've looked at it & it's not really something I would ever use but if there is enough call for it & you want to code it, I will certainly add it in. You may want to wait a little til I can update this skin & release the next version though, just in case I make any major changes to any xml that could conflict with what you may do. Plus also I will upload the uncompressed textures at that time for anyone who wants to make their own themes.

Just found this Smile . Sounds good. What I like to do with them is give them to Jason to add to the pseudotv repo so that any changes that are made come with the new updates for pseudo and that way you don't have to change anything with your skin. As far as I have found the only thing that needs to be changed in most of the skins is in font.xml from font13 to a normal skin font and good size since it's the only thing I can't set from the Pseudo Skin. However, that's way down the road.

Uncompressed images would be very nice, whenever you find a chance.
Big Grin

- gekados - 2011-09-12

Hi Amra.

An idea for recently added view on home screen.
Instead of a list with fanart, what about 5 posters lined up beside each other in a wrap list. When you go to focus on the first one, the 3 beside it will slide aside, so plot can be shown ?

Hard to explain, since I got no graphic skills it's just an image in my head, hehe Smile

- Amra - 2011-09-15

gekados Wrote:Hi Amra.

An idea for recently added view on home screen.
Instead of a list with fanart, what about 5 posters lined up beside each other in a wrap list. When you go to focus on the first one, the 3 beside it will slide aside, so plot can be shown ?

Hard to explain, since I got no graphic skills it's just an image in my head, hehe Smile
I understand what you are saying and thought about something similar for movies. But since that wouldn't work too well for TV episodes, I went with what I did for simplicity's sake.

- Shinu - 2011-09-19

Over a week and no updates made? Nooooo!!!

*passes out*

- Amra - 2011-09-22

Shinu Wrote:Over a week and no updates made? Nooooo!!!

*passes out*
Laugh Sorry. Been really busy at work & home so took a short break from it. I hope to get back to it sometime this next week.

- TerranQ - 2011-09-24

I really like this skin, but to me the posters just seem a bit too small. Just my opinion of course.

If I can find the time, maybe I'll take a look and see if I can increase them a bit

- Amra - 2011-09-24

TerranQ Wrote:I really like this skin, but to me the posters just seem a bit too small. Just my opinion of course.
Which viewtype? Or, are you saying just in general?

- TerranQ - 2011-09-25

Just from memory, every viewtype Laugh. I like the posters to be large enough to view easily from across the room-probably about 1/4-1/3 screen height

- zepfan - 2011-09-25

TerranQ Wrote:Just from memory, every viewtype Laugh. I like the posters to be large enough to view easily from across the room-probably about 1/4-1/3 screen height

I would say the opposite, I'm a big fan of this
style view, and wish there was one like it in Metropolis for tv shows. I tend to like my fanart more than posters/banners. But to each his own.